DJI Zenmuse gimbal and S800 Spreading Wings preorder

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
As far as i understood it its two different things. There is a hdmi to analogue coming for/with the z15n Zenmuse, no statement yet on the z15g version if a converted comes along with it. The Ruling once released will not have anything to do with the converter anymore but will have a HDMI downlink solution.

Boris

Tahoe Ed

Thanks, Robert. I cannot upgrade until tonight and maybe fly tomorrow. Looking forward to your test with the S800 and what settings you would suggest to start.

Tahoe Ed

A few people have complained that the start up idle is too fast for their set up. They now have a way to adjust the idle for the 3 seconds after CSC.

UAVproducts

Formerly DJIUSA
Of course, there is no wind today for real testing.

New firmware:
Going from Atti to GPS there is no difference in transition. I use to get a little kick. Seems smoother in flight.
Ran the gains up to 200 for Pitch and Roll on S800. Holds great, no toilet bowl.
No White LED flash at all. And I tried everything to get it to come on.

Recharging packs and resetting Gain sliders to see how high I can go on gains.

Putting a camera mount (not Z15) on S800 also.

Have to get orders shipped out also.

I will also try it on F550 and see how that works also.

vislaw

Of course, there is no wind today for real testing.

New firmware:
Going from Atti to GPS there is no difference in transition. I use to get a little kick. Seems smoother in flight.
Ran the gains up to 200 for Pitch and Roll on S800. Holds great, no toilet bowl.
No White LED flash at all. And I tried everything to get it to come on.

Recharging packs and resetting Gain sliders to see how high I can go on gains.

Putting a camera mount (not Z15) on S800 also.

Have to get orders shipped out also.

I will also try it on F550 and see how that works also.

Really appreciate this information. Thanks.

UAVproducts

Formerly DJIUSA
I know I sound bias.

But I'm really liking this S800. It just works out of the box. Its simple and high quality. I have done literally nothing to it and it works great.
I just have to figure out how to get the landing gear to fit in the same case with minimal dismantle.
You can split the landing gear apart but pulling the center cross bar apart when the frame is removed.
I'm going to mess with the landing gear and case fitment again once I'm done playing with the RSGS.

Just imagine a Quad version. :)

Eoin

Many thanks Robert for the information !
I'm waiting on my S800 and Z15 but sadly because I joined in so late on the pre-order mine won't ship till the end of May :(
So please keep the information coming ! The more I hear the more I can't wait :)
@Vinnygogo - thanks, but I also worry about heat build up. Plastidip concerns me in regard to this.
When working outside in the rain and cold I wear my trustworthy Northface and Gortex gear. Toasty, warm and dry :)
The real advantage of these clothing items is the fact that they can breath. I wonder if there is any electronics waterproofing substance that can 'Breath' heat, rather than moisture.
Anyone Know ?

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Got the S800 today ! I must say the frame really makes sense. Gonna start a build and details threads about the components. Up to now the frame makes a really good impression !

Boris

JDM66

Hi, Lucky Boris :black_eyed:

Have you received a shipment info from Dji before receiving the S800

for me no news good news ...

jdm66