DJI Naza M V2

GmeisteR

So Here is my Experience with the new firmware with my V1 Phantom: Last night I saw there was a new firmware so I decided to upgrade, This was prior to reading all he horror stories on here. The installation of the new assisant went smooth, however when I tried to upgrade the firmware, The assistant gave me error messages. After power cycling I noticed that it in fact did upgrade to 3.12, I then recalibrated my compass using the advanced calibration, and once again the assistant gave me error messages. After the first attempt on the calibration my Phantom just beeped untilled I uplugged the battery. Then I did the calibration, and once again got the same error message. I said screw it everything looks fine as far as my settings for everything. Upon taking it out I was scared to lift off as I had not seen any of the videos on it yet, so When I reached 55-60% it started to lift and that concerned me as the motors stayed at idle untill that point. After watching the videos I realized thats normal. So then I was nervous because the blinking lights and sequenses of the LED was not normal to what I was used to seeing. However the Video Below shows the sequences and my seem to be spot on. After watching that video I took her up and everything seemed to be fine. Right after posting this I am going to go out and try some actual flying rather than just hovering like I did last night. I will report back with any concerns and after thoughts. As of last night, the hovering seemed very smooth and held its position better than it used too. So Far I'm happy with the upgrade, however as Stated above, I only have one pack ran through it and that was nothing but hovering. Wish me Luck ! As I can afford to buy another quad at the moment !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1knip0ktKoI

Last edited by a moderator:

GmeisteR

Okay so I just did some agressive flying and I think the gps hold is definitely better, however I think the overall smoothness of flight is actually worse...There is some weird things happening that as a long time R/C Helo pilot I'm simply not used too. Newer pilots most likely wouldn't even notice a difference but for me personally the biggest thing I don't like is when doing high speed quick stops(doesn't matter what mode you try it in ATT,GPS or Manual), it almost seems to lose power and seems as if its just wants to hit the ground from lack of power. Pulling down on the cyclic during a sideways sweeping quick stop no longer requires aft cyclic...which seems odd I know, but if you just yaw in the direction of the quick stop and apply the opposite cyclic, that seems to work smoother without feeling a power loss, but as soon as you mix some aft cyclic in there, things get weird...point in case, DO NOT do low altitude high speed quick stops anymore, as your **** will most likely nail the ground. my only other gripe is that if in a stationary hover if I just snap the cyclic in any dirrection all the way really fast, it bounces back and forth rather than a smooth tilt and level off...maybe this is due to my gains being too high?? (Which are all default for the phantom...Which mine is all completely stock...) If someone can shed some light on these issues that would be great :) Happy Flying guys and Make saftey your top priority !

Last edited by a moderator:

GmeisteR

Well NEVERMIND Firmware 3.12 just gave my phantom its first CRASH !!! *ANGRY* Upon take off it just went crazy and flipped over on the concrete ! will try reverting back to the old software and it will remain there forever ! GOODJOB DJI !!! Stupid nerds