DJI Naza M V2

gtranquilla

RadioActive
Need additional information on your complete setup including battery, motor and prop data........ it is easy to pull the voltage down under adverse conditions.

I can't help but feel this release of the naza v2 is a thinly disguised attempt to avoid a costly recall on faulty naza v1 units as both of mine have problems with the voltage from the VU dropping below 2 volts for up to 3 seconds in flight causing the controller to reset and loose control causing a crash due to rx resetting as well

I have replaced both units twice and still this problem rears it's ugly head and even happens on the bench with out any current draw from the motors on a fresh charged pack

I can even replicate it with the VU units directly attached to a battery with no other load , even had somebody else do the soldering to eliminate me and it still happens

It seems to happen more when the GPS unit is attached to the naza when flown in ATTI/GPS and less when flown in manual mode with GPS unplugged

KeithM

So... I removed all the old versions of assistant as Ed suggested, downloaded 1.8 from the link Phil550 provided and started over. Thanks, guys. Reviewed brookdain's excellent video and followed the instructions exactly. Nothing has changed. I still get the same message as in my previous post. I rebooted, restarted the assistant, plugged and unplugged everything numerous times, but it still won't provide the link to install 3.10. Frustrating. Any other ideas?

I read on another forum that others are having the same problem. They suggest that DJI may have put a hold on 3.10.

Last edited by a moderator:

ewr

Just trying to get a condensed version of this thread here....I am building a hex and just ordered the Naza-m v1 yesterday and the GPS add on from a different company....then found this V2 today! Both orders already shipped so now I have the dilemma of returning both the naza and GPS to their respective dealers for 20-30 in shipping PLUS paying the extra $25 for the V2 upgrade.....or just keeping the V1 and upgrading the firmware.

From what I can tell from this thread and the specs/pics, the only real physical difference is the new PMU for expansion and the remote LED. Now, I use EZOSD so I have no need for any expansion the V2 PMU offers...and the way I'm going to mount the naza will show the led clearly without it being remote from the unit......that said, it seems like there is nothing I would gain from the $50 I'd have to spend on the V2, correct?

The only thing that worries me is stuff like STI-REX said about the V1 having random VU issues etc......if I got the V2 at least it would be the "latest and greatest"......just kind of stuck wondering is V2 with NO sensible upgrades to me is worth the extra time and $50.....what do you guys think?

rwskier

Multi Rotor Video
What a ride that was, and it wasn't a good one. After installing 3.10 and having 2 separate crashes due to motor cut off mid flight. I now have my hex back together. About $200 in parts and 7 hours of time it flies like it used to. I did downgrade to 2.02 before flying again and all appears to be back to how it was before. I think it will stay that way until there is some substantial time after the next firmware.
The re install was super easy, since I still had the previous software still on my computer. once I opened 1.8 software it asked if I wanted to upgrade the 2.02 firmware, click yes and it was done within a minute.
View attachment 11760

Attachments

• IMG_1352.jpg
    IMG_1352.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 357

bnt276

I have also downgraded to 2.02 and everything is fine now. I really hope this motors cutting off mid flight issue is addressed and fixed as I have the IOSD
in the mail and out for delivery today. I cannot use it with 2.02 firmware as it requires the 3.1 FW upgrade.

Here's a summary of what's happening with 3.1

1. Arming the motors has inconsistent rpm when in different modes. Way too fast in ATT mode and wants to tip over on the ground

2. Taking off with the new auto take off, the quad wants to keep climbing with very little control (throttle has to be almost 0 before the quad relaxes but climbs still)

3. Same as scenario 2 but the quad motors cut out while ascending.

I have tried all possible fixes for this including setting all software to default, etc.

2.02 works flawlessly

Hope to hear something soon. THANKS :)

Topflight

I'm having issues with my Photohigher AV130. Now using the 3.10 Naza firmware and when my F550 is level, the gimbal is level. But when I roll my craft, the gimble over corrects in both directions. Have changed gains without any success. Worked fine on previous firmware. I did have to replace the roll pot due to malfunction and I was already upgraded to 3.10 when I tested it. Anyone else having this issue since upgrading to 3.10? My other option is to go back to last firmware and make sure it still works.

Dewster

I've seen the "old" Naza with GPS sold for $230 online and $200 without GPS some web sites. It might be a great time to buy if you have enough parts to build a second MR.

pear

one question I'm not sure about...
I just purchased a F550 a month ago (with NAZA M V1 & GPS), due to a busy work schedule it's still in the box.

If I upgrade the software for the NAZA M V1 to the latest firmware, etc, what will I be missing from the NAZA M V2?

Are ALL of the items below available with upgraded NAZA M V1?
1 New attitude stabilize algorithm, provides better flight performance
2 New flight control (take off is more stable and easy, Flight will be more smooth)
3 Auto course error compensation. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxxZYgqzyEM
4 Support OctoRotors & added protection for Hexa & OctoCopters when one motor looses power.
5 Added IMU advanced calibration, Sensor error monitoring and protection.
6 Supports PMU modulewith CAN BUS port, Could support IOSD, GoPro gimbal and bluetooth LED module and so on.
7 Increased demand for GPS signal strengh along with increased compass interference monitoring and warning to reduce the effects of magnetic interference
8 Added New LED information

Thanks

Tahoe Ed

You will only be missing the V2 PMU which gives you support for iOSD, Zen H3-2D, and BT. That can be purchased separately. It should be available in the next week or so.

ewr

What Tahoe Ed said.....from a price point if you buy the V2 for $430 you would save $20-$30 since the V2 PMU is around $65 plus your original $400 V1+GPS....so unless your going to want the iOSD, BT or ZH32D than save the $30 for some props or beer.

kenuck

So I have Naza-M V1 and just upgraded to FM 3.12. I haven't flown it yet but right now the motors don't start until I push the throttle past 50% --- is this normal for the new Firmware? or am I missing something. I have the GPS installed.

thanks
ken

Topflight

Mine starts right away, but won't reach takeoff RPMs until your at 50%. This is the way they made it work.

So I have Naza-M V1 and just upgraded to FM 3.12. I haven't flown it yet but right now the motors don't start until I push the throttle past 50% --- is this normal for the new Firmware? or am I missing something. I have the GPS installed.

thanks
ken

kenuck

I agree Topflight, that's how it normally worked pre-upgraded. Not really sure what to do next. Might just try to re-flash the FC. This is a very new FC too (only 4 flights) and it was flying great.

--- edited ---
I wonder if the new upgrade resets the throttle range on my ESC. I'm using SimonK hobby king. Will give that a try tonight.

a4u2env

I'm having the same problem that Phil550 did earlier in this thread. I've got the Assistant v2.10 installed and when I connect my F550/Naza M v1, I get the message that new firmware is available, but I never get the window to begin the download. I get the screen in the attached picture that states that I have v 2.02 firmware and no updates are available. I also get the message in red at the lower right that states "You must upgrade main controller firmware to the new version."

Phil550 solved his problem by loading Assistant 1.8 which brought up the window to begin the firmware download. Unfortunately, I don't have 1.8, but only 1.6 which does not work. Version 1.8 is no longer available on the DJI website.

BTW - I was able to upgrade to the new firmware on my Phantom yesterday withour issues on the same computer. Anyone got a suggestion?

View attachment 14875

You have to click on the "No Updates" blue colored words. Their servers might have been down or being updated at the time your software checked for updates. Make sure you are using the most up to date "DJI NAZA M Assistant" software. I would also sugguest that you have the most up to date Drivers for your Naza USB connection. If your not sure if you have the latest drivers then download the latesd from their (Dji's) site for your model (v1 or v2) Naza. Now make sure that your "DJI NAZA M Assistant" software is NOT running and your Naza is not pluged into the USB. If it is running then close it.Then just install (double click on the .EXE file you downloaded).

dfrazier

thanks
ken

Just a thought. I just purchased a Naza V2 and updated it to v3.12. I was playing with the motor idle speeds. With the motor idle speed at "recommended", the motors all start up at the same time. When I lower it one spot, only 3 of the 6 motors start until I increase the throttle. You might want to try to set the idle speed one spot higher and see what happens.

Ken, can you clarify for us what you mean?
If you are saying that the motors just idle and do not fully spin up for take off until you push the throttle past 50%, then TopFlight is correct. This is by design called "Takeoff" mode, new for version 3.1 as described many times in this thread, and explained in the Naza manual.
if you are saying the motors don't spin at all until you pushed the throttle to 50%, then Dfrazier is correct in that you probably have the idle threshold set incorrectly, or some other related problem.

SjaakZwart

Is it possible to connect de GPS module from version 2 (yellow/orange) to the Naza version 1(red)?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD