DJI Naza M V2

Tahoe Ed

DJI just announced the V2 of the Naza M. There are quite a few new features including switch controlled RTH, automatic compass compensation and advanced IMU calibration.

http://www.dji-innovations.com/feature/naza-m-v2-features/

Here are the videos:

It has been reported that a Hong Kong dealer is advertising a $448 price with a mid May release. Nothing yet from DJI.

Last edited by a moderator:

r2pardjo

can we use the new assistant software to load/setting the naza V1?

is that possible to use GPS V1 to naza M V2?

ChrisViperM

lets just hope they update the v1. I just got mine and now i feel ripped off :(

Sorry man, but I you won't be alone with that feeling.....Depending where you bought it and how consumer rights are where you live, maybe you can give it back and/or change your order to the new version.

I wish you luck....maybe you let us hear how it went

Chris

Tahoe Ed

It appears that DJI was a little premature in having a link to the software to download. I tried on my Naza M and while I could connect and go to the upgrade tab, it showed no upgrades available. From what I understand and this may be proved wrong later, no one can upgrade right now. We will have to be patient for the time being.

AEA737

Amazing video brookdain, thanks. Is it just my bad internet connection or anybody is having problems viewing the video after 3:06 when you say "remove the battery connectors". I´ve tried two computers and in both the video freezes at that moment.
Just preordered my V2

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
I have loaded it up on a couple of V1's on a 330 and a 450, very nice improvements especially to the descent tuning, when you drop straight down now not even a hint of a wobble at all.

Pete.

brookdain

Amazing video brookdain, thanks. Is it just my bad internet connection or anybody is having problems viewing the video after 3:06 when you say "remove the battery connectors". I´ve tried two computers and in both the video freezes at that moment.
Just preordered my V2

Yup....the perils of late night video production. there is a problem with my youtube instructional video.... the new link is http://youtu.be/JCUHK-BpCcE

New Firmware of DJI IOSD Supports Naza-M/Naza-M V2 Now!

DJI has officially released the new software and firmware for iOSD, and the new firmware is able to support Naza-M/Naza-M V2 now!

iosd-215x194.jpg

1.Latest Version

• Firmware version:2.00
  • Assistant software version:2.00
  • User manual version:2.04

2.What's New?

a. iOSD Firmware:

• Naza-M is supported with working with PMU V2 (Naza-M V2 Accessory);
  • Naza-M V2 is supported;
b. iOSD Assistant Software

• Add compass data recording;
c. iOSD User Manual

• Instruction that the NAZA-M is supported;

Note: NAZA-M Firmware Version SHOULD be upgraded to V3.10, with the same assistant software V2.10 of Naza-M V2.

Please log into DJI website for more information or you can reach your dealers if you have any questions, thanks!

New Software & Firmware Ready For Phantom and Naza-M!

DJI officially released the new product Naza-M V2 last week with the new software and firmware. For Phantom and Naza-M, both of them share the same new software and firmware now.

1.WHAT’S NEW FOR NAZA-M, COMPARED TO NAZA-M V2 FIRMWARE?

FIRMWARE

• New attitude stabilize algorithm, provides better flight performance;
  • New flight control feeling (takeoff is more stable and easy; flight will be more smooth);
  • Auto course error compensation;
  • Support octo-rotor; Add protection for Hexa-copter, octo-copter when lost one motor power;
  • Add IMU advanced calibration, sensor error monitoring and protections function;
  • Support PMU module with CAN BUS port, could support iOSD, GoPro gimbal and Bluetooth LED module, and so on;
  • Increased demand for GPS signal strength, increased the compass interference monitoring and warning, maximumly reduced the effects of magnetic disturbance;
  • Add new LED information;
SOFTWARE

• New UI design, simple and easy to use.
MANUAL

• New Quick Start Guide, matched with the new assistant software;

2.WHAT’S NEW FOR PHANTOM, COMPARED TO NAZA-M V2 FIRMWARE?

FIRMWARE

• New flight control feeling (takeoff is more stable and easy; flight will be more smooth);

Please log into DJI website for more information or you can reach your dealers if you have any questions, thanks!

On the plus side, it's about 25% more stable in windy conditions with new firmware and no program changes. On the minus side, you have to bring throttle above halfway to get it to spin up which once you're used to it is no big deal. The bigger minus for me is waiting for "warmup" which is indicated by 4 short yellow bursts on the led. They need to work on that since it will sit there and "warmup" between battery changes.

AEA737

The new feature I like most is the ability to handle an engine out situation with my hexa. Anyone brave enough to flight test it?:nevreness:

glacier51

AEA737:

This morning I flew out about 100m, flipped into HL and added aft cyclic to come home while introducing a small yaw input to simulate a motor out on my stock DJI 550, a rate certainly less than 90deg/sec.

NAZA GPS made a commendable effort to come home. I didn't bring it into the 10m circle to avoid that confusion. I did this LOS. On FPV, out a ways, things might get pretty annoying with the video spinning around.

I'm still working with NAZA V1, so for us that haven't upgraded the firmware, this might be a good tip for hexa/octo pilots. Someone who has upgraded should get out and try HL and a bit of yaw and see how V2 handles this and report back.

Ron

AerialVid

I upgraded firmware on Monday with the attraction to some of the features... Did the firmware update with reset all settings as recommended.
Results: Disappointed and a bit pissed!

Yesterday: 1st test flight with camera gimbal machine was sputtering everywhere and barely was able to land... Went home and reset all settings again, reentered values and calibrated again...

Today: I took my camera gimbal off incase something went wrong... The initial hover was ok, a bit shaky... I started giving it some short full throttle juice burst to see how it would react. It would sputter then straighten out about every 2-3 times I tried this method of power. I gave it one more go just to evaluate a bit closer and then the machine sputtered, flipped and crashed. I have tried 3 different batteries, so thats not the issue either...

This has to be directly related to the software, because everything was working great with no issue sense 1st install back in October. I flew the machine Sunday just before the firmware update without issue... Anyone else having any problems?