DJI Naza M V2

sim_io

I upgraded firmware on Monday with the attraction to some of the features... Did the firmware update with reset all settings as recommended.
Results: Disappointed and a bit pissed!

Yesterday: 1st test flight with camera gimbal machine was sputtering everywhere and barely was able to land... Went home and reset all settings again, reentered values and calibrated again...

Today: I took my camera gimbal off incase something went wrong... The initial hover was ok, a bit shaky... I started giving it some short full throttle juice burst to see how it would react. It would sputter then straighten out about every 2-3 times I tried this method of power. I gave it one more go just to evaluate a bit closer and then the machine sputtered, flipped and crashed. I have tried 3 different batteries, so thats not the issue either...

This has to be directly related to the software, because everything was working great with no issue sense 1st install back in October. I flew the machine Sunday just before the firmware update without issue... Anyone else having any problems?

That's scary, specially because I just upgraded the firmware on my Naza-v1 hexacopter.

What's your setup? It sounds like it has to do with the calibration, have you went to the advanced calibration tab and waited 5 minutes for it to complete?

AerialVid

That's scary, specially because I just upgraded the firmware on my Naza-v1 hexacopter.

What's your setup? It sounds like it has to do with the calibration, have you went to the advanced calibration tab and waited 5 minutes for it to complete?

Yes I did... i am running an F550, setup as a Hex currently... I realize no one else has posted anything wrong or bugs, but my buddy did the same update with the same machine the same night and his is running good. So something went wrong with my update, i suppose. I will work on it sometime this week/weekend and post up my results. But like I said everything was great, I was flying a NEX with 0 problems with the original software the day before.

Nicodema

The Futaba S-Bus2 IS ONLY FOR TELEMETRY SENSORS....it will never "work" connected to a flight controller....
Chris
Yes I know that Chris. The problem is that the Naza won't work with the S-Bus output on the FASSTest Rxes, e.g. R7008sb.

Now I did see mention of the WKM being upgraded to support them, but not the Naza. I'm hoping this is rectified in the new firmware

sim_io

Yes I did... i am running an F550, setup as a Hex currently... I realize no one else has posted anything wrong or bugs, but my buddy did the same update with the same machine the same night and his is running good. So something went wrong with my update, i suppose. I will work on it sometime this week/weekend and post up my results. But like I said everything was great, I was flying a NEX with 0 problems with the original software the day before.

What I would do is revert back to the original firmware that used to work for you, test fly it to see if its back to normal, then upgrade the firmware maybe there was a hickup during the updating process.

Topflight

I've always had issues with F550 drifting backwards and to the right after take off. Also have had issues with toilet bowl effect. I've changed gains, rotated GPS and re-calibrated GPS/Compass. Nothing I've ever done has helped. Been flying this way for a year now, I just know what it's going to do and compensate for it. Well, today I installed the v3.10 download into my Naza v1. All those issues disappeared. I only went through 2 batteries, but it was promising. Going to fly more tomorrow. Some issues I have noticed. In ATTI mode, when I yaw, the 550 drops noticeably, but not in GPS mode. When I throttle up fast to gain altitude, it hesitates, (don't recall what mode I was in, so I'll try that again tomorrow). Light pattern on the V-sen is different. I read what it was going to look like, but now that I have actually seen it, I'll have to re-read the manual. When you arm the motors. you have to go to half throttle before you notice an increase in revolutions, then it takes off smoothly. This is what the manual said would happen. Going to change my gains to what was recommended and try again tomorrow.

rwskier

Multi Rotor Video
So I have updated my Naza V1 to 3.10 firmware. Loaded super easy without any problems. After first flight it became apparent that I needed to adjust the flight gains, but once that was done I feel the flight is better than before. I am not convinced myself that the new auto take off works for me. I run a heavy lift kit on my F550 and it has rocked back and forth upon take off which makes me nervous. My solution was to power in GPS, once it has locked in I switch to Manual then take off and once in the air switch back to Atti or GPS. This method has worked well for me so far and makes me much more happy with the update.

Russell

AEA737

AEA737:

This morning I flew out about 100m, flipped into HL and added aft cyclic to come home while introducing a small yaw input to simulate a motor out on my stock DJI 550, a rate certainly less than 90deg/sec.

NAZA GPS made a commendable effort to come home. I didn't bring it into the 10m circle to avoid that confusion. I did this LOS. On FPV, out a ways, things might get pretty annoying with the video spinning around.

I'm still working with NAZA V1, so for us that haven't upgraded the firmware, this might be a good tip for hexa/octo pilots. Someone who has upgraded should get out and try HL and a bit of yaw and see how V2 handles this and report back.

Ron

Thanks Ron, I´ll try that. But the best test would be to actually fly with one engine out on a light hexa. But I don´t know if the naza will arm with a motor disconnected.

Javier

AerialVid

What I would do is revert back to the original firmware that used to work for you, test fly it to see if its back to normal, then upgrade the firmware maybe there was a hickup during the updating process.

Yes Thanks... I did that last night and plan to test fly today or tomorrow. I will stay with the old firmware and buy a new unit later with V2. Wish everyone else the best of luck!

glacier51

AEA737:
>But the best test would be to actually fly with one engine out on a light hexa. But I don´t know if the naza will arm with a motor disconnected.

I suppose you could leave a prop off, but I'm not that much of a test pilot.

My 550 is at 2000gms and I fly at about 2100m. When I threw a prop on FPV, I was able to get it back pretty close to the takeoff point with some degree of control before dumping it in a large bush. It was the left front prop and full aft cyclic was barely able to keep it stopped in the hover before going into the bush. When I tried to yaw turn it around to fly back the short distance from me, I must have turned with the torque and it started to descend.

DJI needs to come out with a simulator.....................

sim_io

I just got back from testing for the very first time the Naza with the new firmware. There are some minor things that bugged me but overall the hexacopter is a flying beast now.
When I powered it up it would flash orange for a few minutes as if it was calibrating the Naza, is this something I'm going to have to get used to now every time I power it up? Secondly, why did the CNC switch from bottom left sticks to activate to bottom right sticks? I was about to give up because the motors would not spin until I tried the CNC on the opposite direction.
From that point on the hexacopter flew great, no drift whatsoever and it handles gusts way better. I never actually centered the compass perfectly so it would skew but not anymore it flies straight as an arrow. I'll do more testing in the coming days, this thing is turning more into a Wookong with each update.

Tahoe Ed

Is your Naza powered up and connected to Assistant? If it is, I would remove the current Assistant and reinstall it. I have updated 3 Nazas and all three were recognized and got the upgrade prompt.

Phil550

Yes it is and I have tried reinstalling it, with the same result.
I'm upgrading from Assistant V 1.6 and firmware 2.01 - should i go to 1.8 and 2.02 first?

Phil550

It would appear that you can't upgrade from V1.6 directly. I've found a download of V1.8, updated to that, and then to 2.1. It then let me see the firmware update notice and it has worked..panic over !

r2pardjo

why after i upgrade my FW, when i plug my battery it took a warm up time almost 5 minutes, is that normal? or something wrong with my update?

the second problem is when i push down my throtlle under 50% the motor are stop spin even its about 45% not under 10%?

why after i upgrade my FW, when i plug my battery it took a warm up time almost 5 minutes, is that normal? or something wrong with my update?

the second problem is when i push down my throtlle under 50% the motor are stop spin even its about 45% not under 10%?

This is the new normal. Hope they fix it. I just plug it in and go do do something else. The really irritating thing is changing batteries and still having to wait. It just flew but it still needs to warm up? Crazy.

r2pardjo

This is the new normal. Hope they fix it. I just plug it in and go do do something else. The really irritating thing is changing batteries and still having to wait. It just flew but it still needs to warm up? Crazy.

now its about 4 hour of waiting.. why its took so looong time

NOT NORMAL. Normal is 2-3 minutes and sometimes less. Is yellow light blinking in rapid groups of four or continuously? If continuous blinking then 3 way control mode switch is not set to proper endpoints. See page 18 of your user manual.

stepino

Hi,
I have upgraded my Naza V1 to new firmware with almost no problems (I have reseted it to default values, recalibrated RX), but:

After upgrade it flys nice, but CSC works only in one way (both sticks to the center), but I was used to do it in opposit way - both stick outside.
I have discovered, that in RX calibration it looks good - sliders in the middle and also travels on borh sides symmetricaly.
But on the view tab I can see that sliders are little off center and also deflections was not full on one side - this is why CSC not worked as expected.
I have corrected it in transmitter - sub trims and travels. Now all delfections are full and symmetrical and also slides in the center are green.

Before upgrade, I dont see this behaviour.

I have JR 9X TX with Jeti Duplex module and Duplex 9ch reciever.

jforkner

What is the advantage (i.e., what is gained) by upgrading a V1 w/o GPS with the new firmware? Does the MC hover better? Is it more stable? Numerous threads on multiple forums describe difficulties during & following the upgrade, but none seem to describe what has improved.

Thanks.

Jack