Brushless Gimbal Complete - Vendor Links

Hello Boris,thanks for the reply.
What happens is that when i tilt the camera down everything goes fine until it is more or less 45 or 50 degrees down and then it starts to move around the roll. It looks like the sensors are confused when they are tilted down. When the camera is vertical there is no force at all holding the gimbal roll in place. I have 5206 motor on roll and 4006 on tilt

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
Hey Denny,

That's a pretty good price, but do consider the FPVmodel YUN-1. THis is a great gimbal and made well. Plus it comes with the Multi Wii Moss board.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Guys just want to point it out one more time than i will stop boring you !

Most of the BL gimbals popping up have one little draw back to them ! They might work well with the cam they are design for but than it gets risky to get them working with others. Why because the are lacking the ability to be
adjusted on the role axis ! Not to the left or to the right but the up and down movement ! To get the horizontal balance point of the cam back and aligned with the roll axis. And no this can not be done with the adjustments on the pitch axis of raising or lowering the cam, thats two different adjustments.

View attachment 11265View attachment 11263View attachment 11264

Why ?

The camera balance point is not splitt up 50 % 50% directly in the middle when you look at the cam from the front, thus you will have proportionally seen more weight at the bottom for example than on the top. Now you level it out on the pitch axis. Resulting in 3/5 of the camera being over the pitch axis and 2/5 under the pitch axis why again because the bottom is heavier. This now means though if you cant adjust the roll axis up and down the cam might be balance in complete horizontal position but one it rolls either left or right it wont balance anymore, since the weight is not evenly distributed anymore. As a result you will get a pendulum effect or it will turn to the side of the roll axis it was moved to !

View attachment 11262View attachment 11261

Red line resembles the Roll Axis and Purple the pitch axis.

Hope that explains it !

(edit)

at 10:10 shows it best !

Boris

Attachments

• roll-axis4.jpg
    roll-axis4.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 376
  • roll-axis3.jpg
    roll-axis3.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 356
  • roll-axis2.jpg
    roll-axis2.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 372
  • roll-axis1.jpg
    roll-axis1.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 385
  • roll-axis.jpg
    roll-axis.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 378
Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
And an unbalanced gimbal will be the reason most of the time, why you get vibrations on the gimbal in certain positions !

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
For the Gopro it really doesn't matter that much, motors are most of the time stronger than they need to be and a little of balance wont hurt. For a gimbal for Nex to small DSLRs its already crucial to have the up and down adjustment on the roll axis ! To tell the truth i havent seen any except the rctimer one ! http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=goods_details.dwt&goodsid=885&productname=, but they haven't mounted the roll motor yet and they might just go the easy way ! It a lot easier to mount the roll motor onto the roll axis fixed and not leave any possibility for adjustment.

Ill keep my eyes open and post once i find some and find them again !

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Are you aware that this is not a real copter....it's just a render.....read the comments on that vimeo page......another "game-changer"

I am finished with Freefly...they can take somebody else for a ride !

Chris

Its a really bad joke actually. April fooling your product in a positive way. They should be aware that people take it for real and should at least comment on the video yes guys its a render and yes guys it was a april fools joke etc. Strange approach ! Considering that people see this and press the buy button !

Boris

(edit) if it not a joke but an attempted fake, than it speaks for itself !

Charlie.

Hi there,

I saw this gimbal pop up on goodluckbuy:

http://www.goodluckbuy.com/wind1-brushless-motor-gimbal-mount-for-gopro-special.html

It's called the WIND1 and is designed specifically for the GoPro hero cameras. I saw that someone from Germany had already received theirs from Goodluckbuy. I wanted to ask if this looks like a decent gimbal (seems a decent price). Also how would it mount to a DJI F550 flamewheel? Would extra holes need to be drilled?

Also how is the manual tilt controlled on these gimbal controllers? There is a 3 pin pitch header on the controller board, so I assume that a servo lead can be connected directly from your receiver to the gimbal controller board. Is this correct?

Thanks guys, any help would be greatly appreciated!