8FG & Naza set-up

Pelted

Yup. I got shipping confirmation on the 7th but the tracking info is not valid. I finally emailed Trappy yesterday but haven't heard back yet. I'm sure it is fine, but not knowing where it all is is frustrating. Since I wanted their motor set I ordered direct. Anyway... Off topic.

I just wired up the NAZA and receiver and setup the 8FG based on your vids... So easy... Might try to fly it on the micro quad just to try it out tomorrow.

kloner

Aerial DP
if everything is in stock, it ships in a couple days and takes 10-14 days... sits in new york customs about a week

That happens to tracking numbers from time to time, even just within the states. if you got notice, it is on the way

irvan36mm

Des- Heli Direct in the US has 1 Core left in stock ( as of 6:15 eastern today). I had to get another one because I goofed-up the pads where you select the voltages & OSD on the first one. LOL
They also have the Disco in stock.

Last edited by a moderator:

DesJardins

Ahhh, all funds were sent already. It's all good as I'm working on my 8FG range right now.

First test flight was a quick one being it was 5:45pm and I only had a 65% charge on the lipo...

I went 1400 feet as a quick blast & this time I didn't lose signal so tomorrow I'll be going back to the 1/2 mile location where I did the Spektrum run.

ROVguy

Hey Des, I hope your test goes well. Here's a pic of my make-shift antenna bracket, sorry for the delay, I've got guests over at the mo.
View attachment 7152

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350732860.838203.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350732860.838203.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 304

DesJardins

Just flew with no changes to the set-up & reached the 1/2 mile spot... Other 8FGs or Rx had a problem for sure!

Tomorrow morning I'll be going until I hit fail-safe.
Bit windy today too

ROVguy

Nice one mate, at least we know the tech works even if the customer service doesn't! I can't see myself ever going that far but never say never! Good luck tomorrow!

DesJardins

Nice one mate, at least we know the tech works even if the customer service doesn't! I can't see myself ever going that far but never say never! Good luck tomorrow!

LOL, Technology works :)

The 8+ mph headwind was crazy on the way back from the 1/2 mile stint. Not only was it irritating to listen to the high pitch wind whistle but you really do need to push that stick forward to keep a steady pace.

Tomorrow will be fun for sure, OH on the way back home I did a little "follow the leader" or wife driving the car... What a BLAST!

kloner

Aerial DP
that's a trip how the weeds are all evenly spaced apart like that.... windy today eh?

looks good, hows it feel?

DesJardins

that's a trip how the weeds are all evenly spaced apart like that.... windy today eh?

looks good, hows it feel?
Yea, literally I think those bushes or whatever they are we're planted out there... That area is about 5 square miles

It was pretty dang windy but so far the quad feels connected. Thanks, I'm still getting used to the different transmitter feel but so far I really like the Futaba feel

DesJardins,
I setup my 8FG same as what you have posted in the videos. They are incredibly helpful, thanks! Question on the Radio itself. I've been doing a lot of work in my AeroSim program to get the feel as best i can desk flying, but the sensitivity in ATTI mode seems overly precise to hold an altitude at 50% throttle. I believe i've read somewhere (can't seem to locate it now) that you can set an exponential. Basically i wan't to "widen" the zone at which 50% throttle is registered. It will be especially helpfull when i'm yawing the aircraft but don't want to descend or ascend.

Hope i'm making sense.

Thanks,

You're very welcome!
Re-ordering my Discovery tonight.