hexacop

HexaCop
I made this video last weekend during the Inauguration of the Hochablass water plant near Augsburg, the river is called the Lech.
It was bit challenging as I was allowed to fly only over the water and also my landing area was a little place (entrance of the power plant) in the river.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZAxis

to go along side the bbc coverage this is the more social side to the commonwealth games I also shot over a couple of days last week. S1000 with gh4 operating as
sole SUAV operator in games airspace.
Lec

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
S1000 with gh4 operating as
Lec

Cool gig and nicely done! Which FC do you use on your S1000?

Presumably you used a Z15-GH3, is the GH4 a drop in replacement for the 3 - except for the HD out of course? No slight weight shifts?

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Ah, here you are...

Well done for finding and posting that. I missed this one! Somehow the 'new post' notifications don't always come in.
Anyway, that looked like fun. You have to get used to water. Nobody really likes it, but it's all in the mind and unfortunately placing cameras there is one of a helicopter camera ship's unique attributes so we are stuck with it !

ZAxis

Anyway, that looked like fun. You have to get used to water. Nobody really likes it, but it's all in the mind and unfortunately placing cameras there is one of a helicopter camera ship's unique attributes so we are stuck with it !

yes Lec enjoys flying over water, its probably the safest place to fly. For Glasgow it was really fortunate that the Clyde flows through the centre of it, made a natural safe operating zone.
The broadcast material from the shoot can be seen by UK only viewers here : http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/commonwealth-games/28456111. Once its all over we may get a copy to post for all to see.

andy

ZAxis

Cool gig and nicely done! Which FC do you use on your S1000?

Presumably you used a Z15-GH3, is the GH4 a drop in replacement for the 3 - except for the HD out of course? No slight weight shifts?

The GH4 is fitted to a GH3 Zen gimbal. Pretty straightforward fit, neded balancing a bit and we did stick some lead weights on the GH4 to make it easier. We use a Kopterworx HDMI converter, stuck on the top of the pan motor and a 50cm microHDMI to HDMI flat ribbon cable direct to the GH4 side port. The cable is wrapped so we have about +/- one whole pan 360 deg turn. We have to disconnect the HDMI lead while the gimbal does it calibration dance. Has worked well but the mico connectors are really delicate so we're on our second one. The converter is powered directly from the camera but is eating batteries so a separate supply will be fitted later.

andy

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
to go along side the bbc coverage this is the more social side to the commonwealth games I also shot over a couple of days last week. S1000 with gh4 operating as
Lec

That was awesome!

hexacop

HexaCop
A short video from the enduroXcup race during this weekend
Due to the dirt and and the need to fly full speed I used my little copter equipped with the Stella gimbal and the Gopro 3.

ebeez

Did up a little trailer vid... have a look.. would appreciate some suggestions to improve!!

hjls3

Put together a some clips from the last few months - Unicycle, Zenmuse NEX and qav400 GoPro ...Kayak-voleyball-SUP GoPro h33d on custom quad ... mtn Bike - Gryphon Dynamics with Zenmuse. Enjoy -

kloner

Aerial DP
we were out on a gig and there was a flaming lips concert down below our hotel room so the mob dropped a timelapse of it....