ZAxis

Thanks guys. Problem was there were a set of power lines halfway down the course so I was constantly flying low to go underneath or high to miss them, Then add all the smoke in and there were a few points where the MR just dissapears. A miss aligned radian was to blame for the horizon drift too. Was good to dust it off and get some flying in though!
Lec

rwskier

Multi Rotor Video
Here is a little Aerial shot the other day in the Columbia River Gorge.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZAxis

ZAxis. Glad to read that you are doing well following your surgery. I had a triple CABG ~5 years ago. Take your time getting back into it.

Take care.
d.

Thanks alot but Dave was referring to the fact that I changed my FC from MK over to DJI (something he has been telling me to do for ages) I didn't want to belittle the seriousness of your post though but I am glad to hear you are doing well after your genuine surgery!
Lec

Cdw

Some photos outside Vienna, Austria from 100m

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1367756962.542225.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1367756962.542225.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 284
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1367756991.836094.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1367756991.836094.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 319
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1367757022.268889.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1367757022.268889.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 320
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1367757055.313981.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1367757055.313981.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 298

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
A little video recorded yesterday at a local multirotor meet. Very windy as can be seen in the video, didn't stop some of the guys from doing a little FPV pylon racing. I didn't race, just did a few flights with the MK Hexa and GoPro brushless gimbal and a bunch of aerobatic flipping and rolling with one of my quads until a motor came loose and it flipped all the way to the ground...

Ken

Chadfish

Hey that looks like a really fun time RTRyder! I managed to squeeze in a few flights in the lovely spring weather we've been having here in Humboldt. I wanted to catch some B-Roll of a local landmark, a statue of a Fisherman in our marina. I still haven't got a gimbal, but I managed to get some decent shots nonetheless. Shot with GoPro in ProTune mode at 1080p60, using my XP2 from XProHeli.

Thanks alot but Dave was referring to the fact that I changed my FC from MK over to DJI (something he has been telling me to do for ages) I didn't want to belittle the seriousness of your post though but I am glad to hear you are doing well after your genuine surgery!
Lec

Ah - no worries Lec ... maybe yours was more traumatic! Glad it went well.

Let us know how you get on with the DJI FC.

Dale.

Very well done. How did you mount your GoPro? Rightside up or Upside down? What was the method used to isolate GoPro from vibration and jello effect?

Hey that looks like a really fun time RTRyder! I managed to squeeze in a few flights in the lovely spring weather we've been having here in Humboldt. I wanted to catch some B-Roll of a local landmark, a statue of a Fisherman in our marina. I still haven't got a gimbal, but I managed to get some decent shots nonetheless. Shot with GoPro in ProTune mode at 1080p60, using my XP2 from XProHeli.

Chadfish

Hi Peter,

Thanks! If you look at the video pasted below in this message, it shows where the camera is located (right-side up) - on that aluminum camera mount between the 2 front legs. Between the legs and the frame, there is this gel super-glued between them, and that absorbs a most of the jello - (nearly all if you haven't bent up your frame too much!) I also use an ND filter on the GoPro which slows the shutter a little and kills the jello caused by rolling shutter. I'm really happy with what XProHeli has come up with. The thing is tough! If you crash hard, instead of breaking, it bends. So with a little elbow grease, pliers, and maybe a hammer, you can revive the quad after about any crash. I should know, as I've had some hellacious ones!

kloner

Aerial DP
Jcmonty and I went out to the desert and got into 15-25mph winds gusting to 40. everything was wiped out after a few hours of filming. dirt was everywhere, including the lens. all shot fpv from a ways out... track is almost 4 miles long. Tried flying a zephyr but something happened to the motor mount so it got sidelined. it was gonna be fun chassing these guys with a hundred mile an hour plane.....

it's a mix of skyjib av200 with a canon and a hexacrafter brushless with a nex5.... the big dirt lens shots are the nex

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
Jcmonty and I went out to the desert and got into 15-25mph winds gusting to 40. everything was wiped out after a few hours of filming. dirt was everywhere, including the lens. all shot fpv from a ways out... track is almost 4 miles long. Tried flying a zephyr but something happened to the motor mount so it got sidelined. it was gonna be fun chassing these guys with a hundred mile an hour plane.....

it's a mix of skyjib av200 with a canon and a hexacrafter brushless with a nex5.... the big dirt lens shots are the nex

Hey Kloner, your NEX Rig running the Brushless Gimbal,
what size batteries are you using? 4, 5, or 6S?
Could you give me a general description of your setup? Nothing too detailed.

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
Cool.

I want to be carrying the same camera on a hex before the month is through and I kept thinking I would have to go for the 6S 41mm motors. But I was happy to see the MN3510-13 700kv motors. The eCalc seems to give back a good efficiency number and good flight time.
It's great to see that you are running big 6S 41 motors and still getting great shots.