Photohigher skyline rsgs

Macsgrafs

Tuukkuli,

The newset firmware is 1.2.2. You can use the RSGS without a receiver, but it will be forward pointing & level...no pan or tilt control.

Ross

Tuukkuli

Thanks Cédric!

Can you also link the wiring harness modifying guide if you have it? I am not sure anymore which harness is the right one :shame:

Tuukkuli

View attachment 7938

Hi

Here are my harnesses. The one on the on the right has one extra wire, tilt pot. Which one is the new one to use with the dummy pots? I foolishly placed them next to each other...

Attachments

• harnesses.jpg
    harnesses.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 150

Efliernz

Pete
"Failed to connect to Skyline"

Any secrets here. I have searched this forum... and while there have been many issues... I'm stuck.
I got my Skyline (within 20 hours from PH - awesome service) this week and have just fitted it.
I have downloaded the usb driver and have the "coms#".
I have the usb plugged into the Pan Input - as per 1.2.2 instructions - assuming black-black.
I have ensured all the pins are pushed into the plug properly
There is no LED lit.
I have changed XP laptops...

I have sworn a lot.

Any suggestions?

Pete

Last edited by a moderator:

Efliernz

Pete
I found the direction out pretty quickly! Just as well I had a quick-release on the power plug ;) Tilt was going round and round and round...
I used auto and that will do until I flight-test. Weather is rubbish...

I will document / photo when tidied up and tested. Especially since it is a diy gimbal. No probs with a budget tilt servo either. I am building my own database of cheapee pot-removable 360-deg servos.

Pete

tombrown1

Wait a second. I remember that when I installed my rsgs I performed a rewiring operation that was detailed on their web page. That appears to be different than this h loom I am now reading about. So I need two separate batteries - one for rsgs and one for servos?

Thanks,
Tom

Read the previous posts please :)

I have said that their website have made a kind of turn back: the pages aren't up to date anymore, use the files on my website (manual and software)

@Tombrown1: did you contct your reseller to have the dummy pots and the new harness ?

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
From what I have found the servos and the RGS have to be powered from the same main source. I have my SL powered from my receiver via my tilt control and the servos via CC bec at 6v

Tuukkull yes you can control roll and pitch / tilt from your TX. I have mine tilt on a slider but you have to remember this is not like other FC when you move the slider to x the tilt stops in that position. With the SL it keeps going until you return the slider to the neutral point. The closer to the nuetral point the slower the response, the further from the neutral point the faster

Dave

Efliernz

Pete
Droider... I am tilting mine with a slider and as I unticked 'slew,' it tilts just like it used to when I went thru the HFP fc.

Pete

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Pete

Mmm thanks for that I do quite like it how it is as the rate can be as slow or fast as you like for a full smooth roll up from a ground to sky shot yiou van make it really slow

But Ill see how the other works

Dave

Vortex

I have not been following this thread for a while and thought I'd ask if the Skyline is working properly now or are there still issues??

Thanks,

Lance