Y6 Builders thread

fr3style

So using the 11x4.7 i get 8 to 9 minutes flight times. I have to admit i need to fine tune Naza a bit and my buddy says doing that i will get more flight time before red light comes on. Cause yesterday when i charged the 5000mah packs i only manged to prop in 3000 when it said full. So im Guessing i can fo another minute or so maybe. That is with GoPro brushless gimbal one extra 1000mah 3s battery and FPV equipment all comes in at 3.5 Kilos. When i will used a NEx5 im guessing add another kilo to that so a totoal of 4.5KG. Using 12 inch blades can I expect 8 minutes or so flying time?

BTW had so much fun seeing what the gopro is recording on my little 7 inch screen. Need to get my FPV glasses on and start to learn but not on my expensive Y6 that is going to be my money maker.

Søren Koch

Attachments

• 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 573
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 632
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 556
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 571
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 583
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 494
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 574
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 582
Last edited by a moderator:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Have just finished an new Y build:

Sky-Hero SPY ( Small ) frame.
Jeti HICopter 30A Multicopter ESC
AXI 2814/22
Naza M
2 X 5200 mHa batteries
11" graupner propeller
Arris brushless gimbal with Sony NEX 5n

View attachment 17402View attachment 17403View attachment 17404View attachment 17405View attachment 17406View attachment 17407View attachment 17408View attachment 17409
Very Nice looking build. do you have a link to the frame?
What flight times are you getting?
Looking at the arms I doubt there will be any flex! It looks like they fold as well. Do they fold forward?
How are you finding your Jeti ESC's I have just put them in my new builds.

Dave

Aye Up Explorocam pitch on props will be 6

Søren Koch

Hey Dave

Yes the pitch is 6
AUW = 3,9 kg. with DJI FPV and mini OSD + DJI BTU
Flight Time 11-14 min.

Link to the frame: http://sky-hero.com

Im very happy about the Jeti ESC´s. The main course for choosing them was that i´m new to this building thing. I found it pretty nice that I didn't had to do any programing on them my self :)

There is absolutely no flex in the arms at all, and the ESC´s fitting inside the tube and saves some space in the main body. They fold backward by removing only to fingerscrews.

I use an spektrum dx8 TX and would love to program a switch to make the multirotor automatic fly in circles with the camera always pointing to the center of the circle. with only using the rudder stick. I have seen one do it with an futuba T8J TX. I guess it has to do with mixing the rudder with the throttle in some way but cant get my head around it.

Anyone who can explain?

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
"I use an spektrum dx8 TX and would love to program a switch to make the multirotor automatic fly in circles with the camera always pointing to the center of the circle. with only using the rudder stick. I have seen one do it with an futuba T8J TX. I guess it has to do with mixing the rudder with the throttle in some way but cant get my head around it."

EyeBall is the Mixer expert. May be he will jump in

Looks a really sturdy bomb proof machine. VERY NICE

Dave

Søren Koch

Thanks Dave

I figured out the mixing of the TX "or some other guy did" :) for others with interest in the feature here is a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnfdOWODoEs jump to 3:09 for the section about mixing AIL - RUD for auto circle an object with the camera always pointing to the center. The video is in German but its possible to get the point by following the images in the video.

I have tested it and find it very useful. ( wasn't that hard to program, but when you don't know what to look for it can be a pain in the ... )

Søren

Søren Koch

A lot of people have asked me how I have mounted the batteries and the gimbal on the frame.
Here is a picture of the plate that i have created. I copied the mounting holes from the original plate to my own plate and created an bottom plate for the battery tray. I have used 50mm spacers between the top and bottom plate.

View attachment 14044

Thanks for all the nice feedback.

/Søren

Attachments

• Sky-Hero_Mounting_plate.jpg
    Sky-Hero_Mounting_plate.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 314

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Been working on a scratch build Y6, the initial prototype was done for a client with a specific use case in mind and eventually will see production by them. I liked the size and performance of the original prototype so I decided to build one for myself, still a work in progress and I will most likely change some things before I get to the final version. Haven't quite decided if I want to make this one strictly FPV or a combo of FPV and APV. I already have a front mount for brushless GoPro gimbal completed and test flown, just started working on an FPV mount, as you can see in the pics there's nothing in the camera box yet. May do both setups, it's very easy to swap over from one mount to the other. We got roughly a foot of snow here overnight so no rush to get it completed and fully ready to fly, much too cold and snowy at the moment...

Flight power is a Naza light and a DJI E300 motor/esc set. I would have used the E300 props but due to the requirements of motor spin direction with the Naza I couldn't make that happen. It was hard enough sourcing a set of 6mm reverse thread nuts here in the good old still using Imperial measurement system USA to be able to use standard props on three of the motors! Other than the 1/2 inch alloy tubing the arms are made from the rest of the frame is entirely 3D printed from ABS plastic, I may rework the arm and motor mounts to take 16mm carbon fiber tubes since I have a set of 6 sitting in a box at the moment, if I do that the Naza will move up under the top cover and the ESCs will move inboard on the lower deck where the Naza is now...

Ken

Jumpy07

This is my CarbonCore 650mm Y6

It has modified landing gear to accommodate the H3-2D Zenmuse.. the landing gear is attached to carbon tube which is attached to the original mounting points and threaded through rubber grommets.

Spec as follows:

• Naza v2
  • Zenmuse H3-2D
  • NTM 920kv motors
  • F30a with Simonk ESC's
  • 11x 4.7 Carbon Rctimer Props (I tried 10" on top as in pic.. but did not see any benefit)
  • DJI mini iOSD
  • Video Switcher
  • WDR600 Camera
  • Taranis with X8R Sbus, with telemetry for Lipo Sensor and GPS
  • ImmersionRC 5.8 VTX with Spiros
  • Some custom 3D printed parts for VTX and GPS protector etc
  • 2 x 4500mah Zippy Compacts 4s (12mins flight time)

I quite like this frame.. its great in the wind and easy to transport.. the yaw lock is not as good as my Hex.. and the flight times could be better... but the performance in the wind and size make it a great compromise.

Attachments

• y63.jpg
    y63.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 410
  • y62.jpg
    y62.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 432
  • y61.jpg
    y61.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 317

tombrown1

Been working on a scratch build Y6, the initial prototype was done for a client with a specific use case in mind and eventually will see production by them. I liked the size and performance of the original prototype so I decided to build one for myself, still a work in progress and I will most likely change some things before I get to the final version. Haven't quite decided if I want to make this one strictly FPV or a combo of FPV and APV. I already have a front mount for brushless GoPro gimbal completed and test flown, just started working on an FPV mount, as you can see in the pics there's nothing in the camera box yet. May do both setups, it's very easy to swap over from one mount to the other. We got roughly a foot of snow here overnight so no rush to get it completed and fully ready to fly, much too cold and snowy at the moment...

Flight power is a Naza light and a DJI E300 motor/esc set. I would have used the E300 props but due to the requirements of motor spin direction with the Naza I couldn't make that happen. It was hard enough sourcing a set of 6mm reverse thread nuts here in the good old still using Imperial measurement system USA to be able to use standard props on three of the motors! Other than the 1/2 inch alloy tubing the arms are made from the rest of the frame is entirely 3D printed from ABS plastic, I may rework the arm and motor mounts to take 16mm carbon fiber tubes since I have a set of 6 sitting in a box at the moment, if I do that the Naza will move up under the top cover and the ESCs will move inboard on the lower deck where the Naza is now...

Ken
That thing looks great Ken! Definitely looks like production quality. Please update after your maiden.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
That thing looks great Ken! Definitely looks like production quality. Please update after your maiden.

It has already flown several times. I had a good baseline on settings to start with from the prototype I built that is now in the customers hands, so a bit of tweaking and it flys beautifully. I haven't had a Y6 in the fleet since way back when I first got my Nex 5 and built one up out of one of Rusty's frame kits to carry the Nex and an AV130. That one got disassembled and the electrical bits wound up in the Cinestar 6 frame where they remain to this day. I'd forgotten how smoothly a Y6 can fly, very nimble in the air as well when designed and built right, this thing pivots on the proverbial dime and when/if the GPS is dialed in and locked on enough satellites it will pretty much sit and spin in place if that's what you want to do. I made sure to get the CG pretty much exactly in the center and to put the flight controller there as well, it's extremely well balanced though I can easily screw that up in a hurry by tacking on a bunch of extra gear like a BL gimbal out front!

I'm seriously thinking of upsizing it just a bit and using either a set of 2814 motors or some lower KV pancake motors on 16mm C/F tube arms, the center plates are more than big enough to handle it. Good thing as they're just about as big as I can reasonably print with my SD3, I may have to enlarge the printer frame so I can extend the print area for some larger projects I'd like to tackle. Other option is to build a CNC machine so I can cut G10 and use that for center plates although it might be cheaper to just do the CAD work and then send the file out to have the pieces cut. Still, I like the idea of being able to make pretty much the entire frame "in house", literally as the printers are right here in my home office with me. :)

While this one flys pretty nice as-is the little DJI motors don't leave a lot of room for additional cargo weight, especially on 8 inch props, one of the reasons why I'm thinking of going bigger on the prop spinning bits as well as the props.

I'll post more as I get a chance to put some flight time on it or as it morphs into something bigger...

Ken

tombrown1

I'm currently working on a heavy lift 650 y6. Tiger 4014s, 15" props, simonk maytechs, all on big 6s lipos. I really love being able to put big props on a small machine. Should be ready in a week or two.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
I'm currently working on a heavy lift 650 y6. Tiger 4014s, 15" props, simonk maytechs, all on big 6s lipos. I really love being able to put big props on a small machine. Should be ready in a week or two.

Pics and video or it doesn't exist! ;)

We'll be waiting to see it...

Ken

I am also working on a Y6 that is folding. I think that is one of the beauties of the Y6 configuration. The 2814 770kv motors don't seem right for the job. My y6 with a gopro and brushless gimbal only flies about 10-12 minutes on 10,600mah. I get longer flight times carrying the same gimbal, camera and fpv gear on a quad with the same 2814 motors on only 5300mah. It just does not make sense that I basically get half of the flight time per Mah.

I would love to keep using my 5s batteries as I have so many, but I am looking to fly a 3 axis brushless gimbal and GH3 or BMPC in a single operator configuration. The all up weight will be 5.5-6.5Kg with batteries and camera. I am thinking about maybe trying some Tiger U7 motors and some larger props. Has anyone used these motors yet? Have you noticed longer flight times? I have heard about multiple people using even larger motors with 25-30" props and looking for 40 minutes flight times with larger cameras. There has to be a way to get 30 minutes with these smaller cameras. Any motor/prop suggestions would be great. I am still stuck on some old technology and ready to move on.

New Y6

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> I just completed an adaptation of the “Simple Tri-Copter" designed by Matt Hall.
His Simple Copter 2.0 is about 25% larger then the original tricopter version so I decided that I’d make a Y-6.

½” x ¾” x 15” arms
2836 Hobbyking motors
RCManchild 30 Amp SimonK flashed Esc’s
Naza V1 FC flashed with 4.0 Firmware.
Tarot 2 axis Gimbal
5000 3S 40C LiPo all on a set of generic legs for camera clearance.
Initial flights have been good and stable in marginal weather of 10-15 mph winds and about 9 minutes of hover time.
It has a bit of a yaw issue (10 degrees or so) when stick input is halted.
Some fine tuning of the gains should help that.
No TBE or unexplained climbs.
Since these photos I have added the legs and a new camera mount.

View attachment 15794View attachment 15795View attachment 15796View attachment 15797View attachment 15793<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Arial; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Arial; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} </style> <![endif]-->

Attachments

• DSC_0448.jpg
    DSC_0448.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 334
  • Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 345
  • Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 331
  • Picture 027.jpg
    Picture 027.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 333
  • DSC_0446.jpg
    DSC_0446.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 357

tombrown1

I am also working on a Y6 that is folding. I think that is one of the beauties of the Y6 configuration. The 2814 770kv motors don't seem right for the job. My y6 with a gopro and brushless gimbal only flies about 10-12 minutes on 10,600mah. I get longer flight times carrying the same gimbal, camera and fpv gear on a quad with the same 2814 motors on only 5300mah. It just does not make sense that I basically get half of the flight time per Mah.

I would love to keep using my 5s batteries as I have so many, but I am looking to fly a 3 axis brushless gimbal and GH3 or BMPC in a single operator configuration. The all up weight will be 5.5-6.5Kg with batteries and camera. I am thinking about maybe trying some Tiger U7 motors and some larger props. Has anyone used these motors yet? Have you noticed longer flight times? I have heard about multiple people using even larger motors with 25-30" props and looking for 40 minutes flight times with larger cameras. There has to be a way to get 30 minutes with these smaller cameras. Any motor/prop suggestions would be great. I am still stuck on some old technology and ready to move on.

The new U series looks great. Haven't tried them yet. Basic idea is to get low kv with massive props. Obviously the motor has to be strong enough to turn the prop and carry your weight. I would start with prop size. What's the largest prop that your frame can handle without hitting the center plate/gimbal/other props? Then start looking at lift specs of high quality motors. I was told not to go much bigger than 15" on T-motor 4014 400kv motors, so that's what I did - and it is supposed to be able to carry what I need. If you're looking at carrying a GH3 or BMPC, and don't want to dip into the Red territory then I would recommend the 4014/15" setup.

That said, I haven't flown it yet, but I'm hoping to get 12ish minutes with a heavy 3-axis gimbal and 16000mah at 6s. If you want closer to 30 minutes then I think you need to look at 25-30" props with extremely low kv motors like the high-end U series. But I think you do sacrifice stability with the huge props.