Attachments

• y6 1.jpg
    y6 1.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 505
  • y6 2.jpg
    y6 2.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 451

tombrown1

Slowly. We're getting killed by snowstorms up here in Connecticut so not many windows to fly. Also getting ready for our first baby. I'll be sure to post when I get a maiden up.

tombrown1

Finally got a maiden up today. Not good. Not good at all. I could really use some help from you guys on this one.

Running WKM 5.16. Started off in GPS mode - she flew great for about 2-3 minutes. I landed to check the heat on the motors and escs. Everything flew fine and heat was fine.

Took off again - flew for a couple minutes, checked manual and atti - everything was normal - went back to gps, then about 20 seconds later one side started falling - and she dove into the ground from about 15 feet. Not much damage. Mainly just cosmetic.

So I went diagnostic - let the props spin on the ground for a couple minutes - this is where it gets weird.

First, both motors on arm #1 started to die until they completely stopped and mr started tilting that way - I shut motors down.

I started motors again and after about 30 seconds both motors on arm #2 shut down.

Spooled up again, and arm #3 motors died. It went on and on like this in order.

No idea what is going on. I have a relatively old WKM unit, with a brand new IMU, and the original GPS puck. I did calibration and software is set up correctly.

Since it flew correctly for a few minutes that means to me that everything is plugged in correctly and software settings are good. Since it rotates dying arms it can't be an esc or motor problem. Must be something in the WKM unit, right? Really frustrated right now.

Unless you guys have a magic solution, it looks like I'll be going to a different fc from now on. Pixhawk? Super X? A2?

Help!

Best,

Tom

wtneo

yes - the lower motors usually have to work harder due to the co-axial nature of the y6

it is not uncommon to use different size props on the bottom motor to compensate for this! :)

wtneo

Lol... I go by the rule of "if it aint broken, dont fix it"

but usually larger (hence more efficient theoretically) props are used on the bottom motor :)

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I fly same size top and bottom. I guess it depends what flight controller you are using. If you are using one that comes with pre configured Y6 set ups I am guessing the permitters have been set to accommodate the Co-axial set up.

I have used WKM for three yeas now and from small to large co-axial set ups I use same props top and bottom.

D

I fly same size top and bottom. I guess it depends what flight controller you are using. If you are using one that comes with pre configured Y6 set ups I am guessing the permitters have been set to accommodate the Co-axial set up.

I have used WKM for three yeas now and from small to large co-axial set ups I use same props top and bottom.

D

My Y6 is about 700mm and I use a Naza V1 and it works just fine.
I think I'm going to leave it alone. :nevreness: