UPDATED!: Gremsy gStabi H6 initial Thoughts & Handheld Test (Video)

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Can you find the most important tool on that table???

CAN YOU?

It's the custom "Fitment" tool.
;)

View attachment 25248

Attachments

• tool.jpg
    tool.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 317

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Thanks. Not sure how I missed that post.

I went to the Facebook page but I'm having a hard time seeing descriptions or products to choose from???

saenzm

Ok guys, with the weather in the crapper and the wife and kids gone it's been 16 hrs a day building on the dining room table!! And I'm getting some stuff finished!

knocked out the Hexacrafter X8, just need the Movi M5 gimbal mounting plate and vibe dampner which should be in tomorrow. I think the rig is AWESOME. SO solid and pretty. This has been my best build ever...

View attachment 25231
View attachment 25232 View attachment 25233

And then, I rebuilt my H6 hauler a Vulcan frame but this time with Falcon Drone Systems frame plates. These are AWESOME, and give an old Vulcan frame a whole new life! I just need to find bullet connectors. I ran out and trying to find 24 female 3mm or 4mm bullets is proving to be hard locally. But again, this should give the Greasy H6 a 18 min platform on (2) 10K batts... STOKED!

View attachment 25234 View attachment 25235
Awesom birds!! I'm quite jelous!!;)
I see that you've changed to A2 with your Hexacrafter. Any reasons?
I love the wooden hammer!!! :)

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
OK guys, the H6 review shall continue soon. Finished rebuilding the X8.... now with Falcon Drone System plates! I added a much larger PDB, and the wiring is laid out perfectly. The entire system should be able to pull AMPS with no un-needed resistance and keep cool.

Now if the weather will cooperate and I can get some flight tests done, I can get back to tuning and working with the H6.
Should fly a few "sand bag" flights tomorrow and then get back to testing.

Attachments

• IMG_3112.JPG
    IMG_3112.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 349
  • IMG_3114.JPG
    IMG_3114.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 425
  • IMG_3115.JPG
    IMG_3115.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 448
  • IMG_3117.JPG
    IMG_3117.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 482
  • IMG_3118.JPG
    IMG_3118.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_3119.JPG
    IMG_3119.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_3120.JPG
    IMG_3120.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_3121.JPG
    IMG_3121.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 414
  • IMG_3123.JPG
    IMG_3123.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_3124.JPG
    IMG_3124.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_3125.JPG
    IMG_3125.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_3127.JPG
    IMG_3127.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 286

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Nice work @SleepyC

Did you have to extend the Tarot retracts to get enough clearance?

No I did not have to extend them, but it only has around 3/4 - 1" of clearance. I might make a TO/Landing pad that is 3" raised up for both skids to give it a little extra area... just for gimbal boot up, once "on" it's plenty of clearance.

Pumpkinguy

No I did not have to extend them, but it only has around 3/4 - 1" of clearance. I might make a TO/Landing pad that is 3" raised up for both skids to give it a little extra area... just for gimbal boot up, once "on" it's plenty of clearance.
or just get slightly longer 25mm tubes. They are so cheap and will widen the stance at the same time.

mtndewdewd

Sleepy C: I´m testing the H6 on the bench with a buble level. Every time I pan the roll gets influenced. Did you have drifts of this kind?
Regards

@SleepyC Did you figure this out? I am having lots of problems with mine.

1st is that when using sbus through the lightbridge/a2 setup the gremsy sees different channels. So if I move the stick for channel 13 the gremsy sees it as channel 12. So I have to set pan to channel 13 on the tx/lb and then in the gremsy software I set pan to channel 12.

Also, if I just use a straight rx hooked to the unit the channels work ok (lightbridge/a2 bug???). But - when I pan, it rolls also. When I roll, it pans. They are almost directly proportional. If I pan 20 degrees the roll is 20 degrees. If I roll 20 degrees it pans 20 degrees.

I had to turn off auto gyro calibrate or everytime I started it the gimbal would quickly drift to its limit is within seconds. When turning the auto calibrate off and doing a manual calibrate it seems to work fine.

So at this point, my biggest issue is that I need to get the pan and roll to not be linked!!???

Any help out there? Anyone had luck calling gremsy? Is there US tech support or do you need to call Vietnam late at night or early morning??

Need help, thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Not sure what to say as I have never used a light bridge, but this is one of the reasons I don;t like it... messing with all of that. sBus took me like 2 minutes to set up. I plugged in the REC and assigned a few channels in the TX. Done.

I think that lightbridge is the problem. I bet it knows it's not a DJI gimbal and is purposely messing it up. ;)

mtndewdewd

Not sure what to say as I have never used a light bridge, but this is one of the reasons I don;t like it... messing with all of that. sBus took me like 2 minutes to set up. I plugged in the REC and assigned a few channels in the TX. Done.

I think that lightbridge is the problem. I bet it knows it's not a DJI gimbal and is purposely messing it up. ;)

Ha ha!

I took the lb out of the picture and am running through a rx - sbus channels work normal now - but still have all the other issues (auto calib doesn't work and yaw and roll work together)

:(