UPDATED!: Gremsy gStabi H6 initial Thoughts & Handheld Test (Video)

saenzm

Hi SleepyC, nice job in such windy conditions and over all those cars!!!! Can imagine lots of adrenaline ....
Watching the footage I see that from 00.20 to 00.30 seconds the horizon is way out of place. Do you think that this is tunable?

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Hi SleepyC, nice job in such windy conditions and over all those cars!!!! Can imagine lots of adrenaline ....
Watching the footage I see that from 00.20 to 00.30 seconds the horizon is way out of place. Do you think that this is tunable?

Yes this was a quick tune, and considering the conditions and the "quick tune" the gimbal did great. AS I get to learn more about the H6, it should be very easily tunable for very good results. More tests to come soon, just need to rebuild a rig (popped a ESC)

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
A T-Motor 80a?

No these were T-motor 45 Amp ESC's on Avroto 3515's. All 7 other motors were at 105 - 110 deg/ ESC's as well. The rig was very well put together and was not puling hard amps, hovering around 50%. I believe it was simply a bad esc. The rig was super efficient only using 5200 mAh for 5 min of flight, with (2) 10K packs it would have been a solid no worry 15 min flyer.

The top back motor stopped and the rig hardly noticed, just bobbed one time and then keep flying like normal. I noticed the stopped prop and landed immediately at about 3 feet off the deck the ESC burst into flames and produced the reddest smoke I have ever seen. I landed un plugged everything and let the esc stop burning... Here is a pic of the ESC after I cut it out of the rig...

View attachment 25059

I am going to rebuild the entire rig that way I can rest assured that everything is "OK".

New esc's and all... so if anyone is looking for 7 T-Motor 45 Amp Simon K esc's... let a dude know!
:D

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-06-17 at 10.11.37 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-06-17 at 10.11.37 AM.png
    411.9 KB · Views: 457

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Also, used the H6 for a handheld shoot, was flawless...
The performance of the H6 is making me really consider the H14 or H16.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
What camera would you be hauling with the larger gimbal?
I have the requests for Red's and with Cleveland in the movie biz now, Arri mini with Follow focus will be asked about soon.
Not 100% I want to even go there as I'm not sure the demand will justify the insurance increase to be able to rent that cost of gear... BUT I'm thinking ahead...

In the mean time I am making some decent progress on my M5/H6 hauler (replacement)
Why re-build when you can NEW Build!
Hexacrafter X8! I was on Andrews butt to make an X8 for over 2 years, as were others.. so nice it's finally here!

View attachment 25125

Attachments

• IMG_3009.JPG
    IMG_3009.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 344

Hi!
SOme Naab questions(just walking on eggs here!)
Does the Gremmsy H6 accept Graupter SUm signal??
Can I supply a VTX and an Rx from Gremsy batt?
Thanks!

Cameraj

I have the requests for Red's and with Cleveland in the movie biz now, Arri mini with Follow focus will be asked about soon.
Not 100% I want to even go there as I'm not sure the demand will justify the insurance increase to be able to rent that cost of gear... BUT I'm thinking ahead...

In the mean time I am making some decent progress on my M5/H6 hauler (replacement)
Why re-build when you can NEW Build!
Hexacrafter X8! I was on Andrews butt to make an X8 for over 2 years, as were others.. so nice it's finally here!

View attachment 25125
What weight will that x8 lift? Or AUW