UPDATED!: Gremsy gStabi H6 initial Thoughts & Handheld Test (Video)

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
The X8 with the Avroto 3520's swinging 15" props should have no problem with a 11 - 15 lb payload on that frame.

Frame/motors/batts/landinggear/FC ETC should be around 14 - 17lbs (depending on batt size)

3520 400Kv suggested use:
Quad AUW 9lb to 12lb
Hex AUW 12lb to 20lb
Octo AUW 20lb to 28lb

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Hi!
SOme Naab questions(just walking on eggs here!)
Does the Gremmsy H6 accept Graupter SUm signal??
Can I supply a VTX and an Rx from Gremsy batt?
Thanks!

I think you would have to run the Graupter as a "normal" RX, from what I can see the Gremsy only accepts sBus or standard PPM
And you would need to modify the batt to supply power to a VTX, maybe make a piggyback harness. Personally I wouldn't do that, I'd let the batt power the unit alone and just run a small 500mAh batt for the VTX.

Air media: Just been speaking to HUY PAM. IT DOESN T SUPPORT PPM so I m in trouble here!
Big shoot on friday and here I am hunting for a compatible radio :eek:
Quick question Futaba T8J or Spectrum Dx6??
Thanks

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
I plugged in the Futaba T8Js through sBus and it worked GREAT. Super Smooth. I can say that the Futaba works perfectly.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com

Attachments

• futl7668-lg.jpg
    futl7668-lg.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 314

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Someone reported today that the 7008b and the FrSky x8r were not working. Seems weird that one would, and others wouldn't work - especially if they are all operating on sbus tech.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
They said its some type of glitch. Working on a fix. But at least you have your solution so you don't need to stress for your upcoming gigs.

Sleepy C: I´m testing the H6 on the bench with a buble level. Every time I pan the roll gets influenced. Did you have drifts of this kind?
Regards

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Sleepy C: I´m testing the H6 on the bench with a buble level. Every time I pan the roll gets influenced. Did you have drifts of this kind?
Regards

Don't think so, but I did not use a bubble level.

I guess I'm simply not that critical of minute little roll drifts. My reason is the people who pay me never complain about the footage I give them.

If it''s moving an inch up and down, then yea I'd be concerned, but if it's a tiny, itsy bitsy little drift, personally I don't care.

My motto is , instead of worrying about tiny little drifts that have to be pointed out by 10 experts in a 2 minute un edited RAW footage segment, I fly and shoot. Even with movie productions around 95% of shots in the commercial arena last for about 1 to MAYBE 5 seconds,
so unless you are shooting a 6K Dragon shot that will have CGI added to it for Warner Brothers, fly it, watch the footage and see what ya think.

That being said, Idid calibrate mine a few times and tuned it a few times before I was happy with the performance.

Also update.. new X8 H6/M5 carrier is almost complete. Just need to hook up the retracts and get the Vibe dampner and gimbal mount from Andrew who made them specifically for the M5/H6. (I took moth of mine over for him to measure and create the mounts) So I should be back up and flying with the H6 in the next few days.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Ok guys, with the weather in the crapper and the wife and kids gone it's been 16 hrs a day building on the dining room table!! And I'm getting some stuff finished!

knocked out the Hexacrafter X8, just need the Movi M5 gimbal mounting plate and vibe dampner which should be in tomorrow. I think the rig is AWESOME. SO solid and pretty. This has been my best build ever...

View attachment 25231
View attachment 25232 View attachment 25233

And then, I rebuilt my H6 hauler a Vulcan frame but this time with Falcon Drone Systems frame plates. These are AWESOME, and give an old Vulcan frame a whole new life! I just need to find bullet connectors. I ran out and trying to find 24 female 3mm or 4mm bullets is proving to be hard locally. But again, this should give the Greasy H6 a 18 min platform on (2) 10K batts... STOKED!

View attachment 25234 View attachment 25235

Attachments

• IMG_3086.JPG
    IMG_3086.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 366
  • IMG_3087.JPG
    IMG_3087.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 369
  • IMG_3088.JPG
    IMG_3088.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_3090.JPG