UPDATED!: Gremsy gStabi H6 initial Thoughts & Handheld Test (Video)

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-07-05 at 8.36.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-05 at 8.36.59 PM.png
    509.5 KB · Views: 359

mtndewdewd

On this page you do have "sbus" selected for each axis right?
View attachment 25362

Yes. However, your screen does not look the same as mine I don't have the tilt/pan/roll error items on the top of the screen and on the right side mine says read Params and write params not just read and write.

Are you running an old version of the app or firmware?

mtndewdewd

Had Skype session with gremsy tech. Spoke (wrote) great English. Found my issue quickly and fixed what he could. Somehow my accelerometer settings were WAY off. He looked up what they were at the factory and had me reset them. This was the auto calibrate gyro issue and the pan and yaw issue.

The channel issue looks like a lightbridge/a2 issue. It's not a tested platform. Sounds like they are going to look into it

At this point I am happy. Can't fully use 2nd camera operator but works with separate rx for gimbal. Will see if that 2nd rx causes any issues with the lightbridge.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
From memory: I think the ACC calibration is the one they say in the manual not to do without their help. The option appears to be gray unless you open up the advanced settings.

Last edited by a moderator:

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
From memory: I think the ace calibration is the one they say in the manual not to do without their help. The option appears to be gray unless you open up the advanced settings.

Maybe since most here are quite experienced we can get a Tech to tell us how to re-do the calibration..... and post the instructions here.

mtndewdewd

Sign of a good company. They calibrate at the factory and store the settings For each unit in their database. I used the app to display the udid and sent it to him, 2 minutes later he sent me the 3 axis numbers to plug in. Took 2 seconds and all fixed.

Don't know how they changed, but it's fixed now!

mtndewdewd

Maybe since most here are quite experienced we can get a Tech to tell us how to re-do the calibration..... and post the instructions here.

There are videos on YouTube I found when I was looking to see if it was documented specific for the gremsy. If it's the same as the others - you take the unit off the gimbal, tape to a box, then rotate, click a box in the app, rotate, click a box, etc till all 6 axis are done.

Again, not sure if it's the same, buying guessing it is. Mine was so far off that he is not sure what happened. I bought through 1uas - maybe they "fixed" it before they sent it to me??

Ross Mackay

OK guys, the H6 review shall continue soon. Finished rebuilding the X8.... now with Falcon Drone System plates! I added a much larger PDB, and the wiring is laid out perfectly. The entire system should be able to pull AMPS with no un-needed resistance and keep cool.

Now if the weather will cooperate and I can get some flight tests done, I can get back to tuning and working with the H6.
Should fly a few "sand bag" flights tomorrow and then get back to testing.

Nice build there @SleepyC, how does the superX go in the X8 config? I have one here as a hex but was hesitant to use it as X8, was thinking WKM. Also the H6 footy is looking good so far!

Thanks.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
The superX rocks in the X8 config, flys the same as quad or hex... handles wind a bit better.
The rig is all set, was going to go test fly today and of course, 20 + mph winds and rain on the way...
Mother Nature is out to hold me down!

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
That's good to hear. I've seen a lot of people complain about the superX in x8 config.

Last edited by a moderator:

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
That's good to hear. I've seen a lot of people complain about the superb in x8 config.

I have discovered (and @Hexacrafter can back me up on this) Prop selection makes a HUGE difference with X8. The floppy folding props work great on quads and flat hex's and probably some light weight rigs but from our experience a nice solid CF prop really helps the performance of a HL X8. On this rig, I started with CF blades and it handled great, But I had tried the 3 blade folding props in the past and it was loose. The A2 HATED, as it would almost not fly with the folding props, and then like magic with stiff CF 2 blades was smooth as glass.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
But this is with A2 or superx???

Both.

I HAD 3 blades on the Vulcan frame (Pre-falcon rebuild) and it was very sloppy, wobbly and such. 2 Blade CF fixed it. And the A2, it would hardly fly, it was a MESS in the air. You could hear and see the blades bending which in turn was probably throwing off the FC. I think the composite blades do OK in flat set up's or even light weight coax, but once you have enough weight hanging on them, and they are flexing 1.5" or more and you have that under another spinning blade things get weird... like Bill Murray weird. ;)

Ross Mackay

Thanks @SleepyC for the info, like @Motopreserve I had heard not so good things about the super X in X8 config. Might just have to give it a try before jumping ship (again). I have been using the Xoar beech props with good results thus far so my build would be built around these I reckon. Also I see a lot of reference to the P3 in this thread, I have have had one for a week and so far I am blown away by its performance. 70kph wind, -15 cold, so easy to get single op's shots. Heres a stand out from one of the shoots last week. I'll keep on topic from now on I promise! :)

- password - P3