A2: 224g
12000mah lipo: 1600g
GH4 Zenmuse: 1260g
GH4 camera body: 560g
Olympus lens: 130g
iOSD II: 56g
DJI Ground Station, Air End: 32g

Total weight: 7162g

Conclusion: Will use a slightly smaller lipo in order to get below 7kg.
Have I missed anything?

cbuk

My calculations:

DJI S900: 3300g

Have I missed anything?

Pretty much the same conclusion I came up with. From my calculations, when taking into account miscellaneous weights from wires and connectors, I reckon twin GensAce 4000 lipos would bring it in under 7 kg. Based on the DJI flight times, you should still be able to get 10-12 mins of flight with twin 4000's.

Quinton

My calculations:

Have I missed anything?

Well you would still need a video tx on there.
Not sure how many would add the groundstation, I am not really sure why so many people have these as they do not help much anyhow.
You could maybe add an nd filter in there for the lens too.

fdproductions

FD Productions
oh boy finally can't wait for mine! love my 1000 but much prefer flying my evo for its flight characteristics. I'm sold on the 900 just for the removable centerplate design, and compatibility. looking to put my gh4 and leica 15mm lens on it. (iris adj on lens :))

SamaraMedia

My calculations:

Have I missed anything?

RX - Futaba R6208SB - 13.8g ?

henrysj

Anyone have any idea if you can remove the retracts and just fly from a box?

The retracts on the S800 were 875g loose that form this rig and all our sub 7kg dreams can come reality

jfro

Aerial Fun
Any opinions on putting a Naza V2/gps on this?

They say they get 18 minutes hoover time on 12,000 6s. I'd assume then maybe 12-14 minutes on 8,000 with loss of some battery weight.
I wonder what they use for finish voltage on the 18minutes hoover time? 2.6v per cell? 2.5v? 2.4v?

xahhax

This thing really lifts comfortably a GH4? DJI ad says it lifts 2.5kg....and the setup is already very close to 2kg...?
Total 1950gr...

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
So I notice it has AS150 spark proof plugs for the power supply which I believe are the same ones as on the S1000. I assume this means our lipos need AS150 plugs also? Just trying to work out the extra parts I will need.

henrysj

Benjamin where you ordering yours from? Went onto the shipping section of the UAV Outlet shop and it says it wont ship to the UK or maybe that is just Wales ;)

henrysj

that buildyourowndrone.co.uk price has to be a **** up - S900, WKM & Zenmuse for under £1300

I wonder if they would honour it?!

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
You are reading it wrong. It's £2,500. My Zenmuse GH2 was the same price when I bought it 18 months ago, oh how things have changed!!!

henrysj

maybe I just lucky!

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-04 at 20.23.38.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-08-04 at 20.23.38.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 382

ovdt

Yes, it includes motors and ESCs as they are integrated into the frame. Why wouldn't you use a WKM? They're great! I'm sure they'll offer it as a frame only also. Remember, they are not on sale yet so you'll only see the package deals on offer at this stage.

I'm happy with Mikrokopter electronics so far and have no plan using DJI Flight Controllers in the near future. But these S900 and S1000 frames are beautiful and the transportability is amazing. So far, I couldn't find a store which sells just as a frame. So, I will buy as a kit, and will sell those motors and ESCs.

Quinton

What's a steal is a new GH4 Zenmuse for £2,000 or a DJI S900 with WKM and Zenmuse GH4 for £2,500. I will be making the most of this offer!

It does indeed look like a great deal, Benjamin I think you have been spoilt and very lucky with your first purchase of your S800 and Zen.
At these sort of prices the parts being used today could they be sub-standard, that is the last thing you want especially if using them for professional work.

As tempting as it all looks, I am going to hold off on this one for a few months until the S900 Evo is out and the latest firmwares have been released.
Once bitten, twice shy...and I promised myself no more pre-ordering..for all we know these things may arrive in the Winter, I waited a couple of months on a Zen and lightbridge pre-order and both those were not as described when they arrived.
Don't want to sound like a DJI hater, but just goes to show how much people were ripped off in the past.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
"Smoke & Mirrors" to quote Droider. That's what the available specs are.

Compare the DJI website pages for the S800, EVO and S900. Why confuse things by changing the order of items for each model? Why talk about motor thrust kg for one and motor watts for another? All three of them sport weight/consumption/performance figures that do not include a payload. Nothing wrong with that in itself - except that EVERYBODY is going to install a Z15.

'Take Off' weights are respectively 5-7kg; 6-8kg and 4.7-8.2kg.

My S800/Z15 is 7.7kg with camera and 10,000 6S ...... so that one is outside manufacturer's recommended thresholds so could be considered 'illegal'
My EVO/Z15 is 8.2kg with camera and 2x 5,000 6S ...... so that one is 'illegal'

Neither machine has any fat on it. In fact neither even has the full complement of add-ons, just the iOSD.

So, Good Luck getting the S900 under 7kg if you are not sellotaping a GoPro to it.

Price ? With the price getting ever lower and more enticing the components or construction have to be getting even crappier. Rivetted plastic motor mounts and boom hinges sounds like a good place to start and the plastic hinge clips have already been moaned about on these pages.

The whole folding booms for portability is a bit misleading in my mind. It is fine for back of the car travel, but casing it for longer journeys does not look very practical.

I shall stand back and wait.