Need some pro thoughts about dji Flame innovative landing gear

I'm not a pro in the least bit, but my only thought was that I prefer my legs closer in to the center of the aircraft so they are out of the shot of my GoPro. I would be afraid those would show up in a GoPro video shot in the wide, maybe even medium FOV setting.

SMP

Great idea!! Not so sexy... Curve those guys, sexy em up a bit, lose the ball on the end, offer them in in different lengths. ;)

Great idea!! Not so sexy... Curve those guys, sexy em up a bit, lose the ball on the end, offer them in in different lengths. ;)

mmm... sexy? What about having them personlized - buyers name is part of the construction? I can do that.

Regarding the ball at the end, it has a purpose, to enable minimum friction when landing on grass, so the copter does not flip due to a tip of a skid that get hooked in the grass.

Thanks for your thoughts!

I'm not a pro in the least bit, but my only thought was that I prefer my legs closer in to the center of the aircraft so they are out of the shot of my GoPro. I would be afraid those would show up in a GoPro video shot in the wide, maybe even medium FOV setting.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
You have a point here, but here is the rational and the workaround:
The position and structure of the legs make the aircraft extremely stable when landing, preventing it from fliping and damaging your gear. Downside, as you mentioned is the possible obstruction to the GoPro. Since the GoPro camera has a very wide lens (170) you will need to position it as far to the front as you can, or use a narrower lens settings, like 120 degrees. It usually solves the problem.
There is also an option to crop the video.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Well, it's nice to at least see you didnt copy my design. Thanks for that. I've now seen 2 places copy my design which really sucks. And they sell them for MORE! As for drilling, that will be a thing of the past in the next run of legs. It never weakened anything though, it was just an extra step some didnt want to take.

Well, you had challenged the manufacturer :highly_amused:

Haw about this for sexy legs? How much do you think i can charge for them?

Thanks!
View attachment 12243

Attachments

• sexy1.jpg
    sexy1.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 338

jhardway

I have to say I am not a fan I would rather see legs like a small version of the S800 instead of putting them way out there. if you have a wide angle lens and you are hanging it from the center point, to get max out of cg's then you have a chance of the legs being in the shot.

I have to say I am not a fan I would rather see legs like a small version of the S800 instead of putting them way out there. if you have a wide angle lens and you are hanging it from the center point, to get max out of cg's then you have a chance of the legs being in the shot.

The shooting angel is an issue... Maybe sell them with two small engines (for the front legs) that will fold them when taking off and unfold them before landing... :shame:
must create a prototype!

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
That would be awesome. Can I send you my CNC files to make it easier on you? maybe you can have them made in China and sell them for $.01 less.

I prefer the landing legs to be near the arm extremity, that way if you land a bit off level or landing on uneven ground there is not the problem of the craft tipping over and props hitting. Nothing I have seen so far would inspire me to spend my money on the current offerings available, they all look un-cool.
Regards - bruce

I prefer the landing legs to be near the arm extremity, that way if you land a bit off level or landing on uneven ground there is not the problem of the craft tipping over and props hitting. Nothing I have seen so far would inspire me to spend my money on the current offerings available, they all look un-cool.
Regards - bruce

Actually, these legs pretend to do exactly that - prevent the flipping of the aircraft when landing on uneven ground. I'll contact existing buyers and ask what is their experience on this particular aspect. Promise to share.

Assaf