TAROT 3axis Gimbal Stabilization System

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
I would leave my hands from it until you haven't heard a report from a actual customer ! Most of the stabis have been a fail up to now. I strongly doudth that they got it right, but rather are offering just something to have a piece of the cake !

Boris

Efliernz

Pete
I too am waiting. The promoter on RCG on this item has been suspended for continuous pushy one-sided promos without any proof that it works.

Wait patiently... for someone else to try it first :)

Pete

elisofix

Hi, I bought from infinity hobby the tarot zyx-gs tarot,with the hitec hs-82mg analog servos for the gimbal.
My results from the stabilizer is that it doesn't work with analog servos!!!!I Burn the hitec and other analog servos.
You can't set up Hz on software so the only servos that you can use are digital.Now I use HS-5085MG and it work fine!
The quality of the tarot is just great!

jimbril

Any videos?

Hi, I bought from infinity hobby the tarot zyx-gs tarot,with the hitec hs-82mg analog servos for the gimbal.
My results from the stabilizer is that it doesn't work with analog servos!!!!I Burn the hitec and other analog servos.
You can't set up Hz on software so the only servos that you can use are digital.Now I use HS-5085MG and it work fine!
The quality of the tarot is just great!

soler

Just got this and now I am playing with the setup. I am using this on a photohigher AV 130 Gimbal, with just a Go Pro it seams fine but with the Cannon 550D I get a lot of wobble on the tilt axis.

One question I have is regarding the use of S.Bus with the Tarot and my FC. I have a S.Bus from my receiver with one line going to the FC and another going to the tarot. I am not clear how to reprogram the channels as the tarot is operation on the same channels as the FC (not good). From the software there is no way to assign channels so I believe that this needs to be done with the short loop on the receiver. This is ok for programming one servo at a time but not sure if I can reprogram 4 channels at a time this way.

abonto

I'm so tempted to buy this, but I pre-ordered the YUN-1...this Tarot looks way better than the DJI's built-in gimbal.

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
Has anyone tried this new gimbal stabilization system?
just saw it on http://www.foxtechfpv.com/tarot-gimbal-stabilization-system-p-913.html
Looks interesting and it's only $140

The Naza flight controller does Gimble stabilization already, which FC do you use? I've been following Tarot stuff for a while and I like their Hexa which I've had my eye on now for a minute. The only thing I don't like is they don't have a built in PCB board. The video looks great but there are much cheaper stabilization units out there.

soler

The Naza flight controller does Gimble stabilization already, which FC do you use? I've been following Tarot stuff for a while and I like their Hexa which I've had my eye on now for a minute. The only thing I don't like is they don't have a built in PCB board. The video looks great but there are much cheaper stabilization units out there.

Hi Helloman, I am using Naza for the flight controller with the ZYX-GS for Gimbal control (the naza will not do 360 degree rotation on the servos without external pots). I am also flying the Tarot 680 Hexa but I did buy a PCB for it for power distribution, bolts in nicely and makes the whole layout much easier.

soler

This is my setup for using this gimbal controller with S.Bus and Naza. I have a second cam on board for FPV and using a Cannon 550D for Video and pictures. It is more complicated than needed only because I could not seam to program the ZYX-GS to use other channels on the S.BUS system, if you have any better idea please let me know.

Tried to upload a higher quality image but the site seams to reduce the resolution!! Any ideas

Attachments

• Tarot - NAZA -S.BUS Gimbal System Layout.jpg
    Tarot - NAZA -S.BUS Gimbal System Layout.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 365
  • Tarot Gimbal System Layout.jpg
    Tarot Gimbal System Layout.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 321
Last edited by a moderator:

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
Hi Helloman, I am using Naza for the flight controller with the ZYX-GS for Gimbal control (the naza will not do 360 degree rotation on the servos without external pots). I am also flying the Tarot 680 Hexa but I did buy a PCB for it for power distribution, bolts in nicely and makes the whole layout much easier.

"I did buy a PCB for it for power distribution..."

Do you mean a power distribution board or do they have a PCB layer like the F550's have where it's built into the frame? Is that an upgrade? How do you like the Tarot 680? How does it fly? I'd like to move up to that from the F550. Can you upload a few pictures of yours and how it's setup? Thanks!!!

soler

The power distribution is it the photo attached, it is a small PCB that bolts into the bottom of the frame, no modification needed. I did buy this extra but it was only $1. Much easier than making a power distribution plate yourself.

View attachment 10456

The Tarot 680 Fly's very well, it is stable and really stay put where ever I want it. The down side is the legs, these broke on one hard landing (read crash). Instead of ordering new replacement parts I just ordered CF tubbing and cut this to length for the vertical leg stands and also for the horizontal landing skids. This is held to gather by a simple pipe T Joint which works well. Also in doing this I was able to increase the distance of the ground clearance to provide enough space for the Photohigher Gimbal.

Some people are complaining about the strength of the plastic clips than hold the arms in place when you fold / unfold. I bought extra clips incase these fail but so far not one clip has broken.

"I did buy a PCB for it for power distribution..."

Do you mean a power distribution board or do they have a PCB layer like the F550's have where it's built into the frame? Is that an upgrade? How do you like the Tarot 680? How does it fly? I'd like to move up to that from the F550. Can you upload a few pictures of yours and how it's setup? Thanks!!!

Attachments

• T17F6zXcFoXXXcWpE._110850.jpg
    T17F6zXcFoXXXcWpE._110850.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 237