XAircraft SuperX

Dax

I highly recommend it's a well designed frame, can't wait to try the SuperX. Read a lot of good things about it.

vispaaja

Anyone else having problems downloading the latest firmware from xaircraft's site? I get a "server not found" message when clicking the download links.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Anyone else having problems downloading the latest firmware from xaircraft's site? I get a "server not found" message when clicking the download links.

XAircraft have made some changes:

From 1 Jan 2014, XAIRCRAFT International Sales Centre will move to Sydney, Australia. We are planning to upgrade and test run our new website between 22-31 Dec 2013. In order to provide you better and faster services, XAIRCRAFT global website will split into two sites:
During the system upgrading process, all URLs and links may change, we apologize for the inconveniences.
If you have any concern about our maintenance, please contact us through: international@xaircraft.com

You can try here: http://www.xaircraft.com/superx/upgrade/

David

Zirt57

We had quite a discussion a few pages back about "carefree" or "heading lock". While I don't know if they will add it to the SuperX (I'll ask), I do know they did quite a bit of work with it on the predecessor to the SuperX, the FC1212P/AHRS-P. Here is a video of XAircraft in China testing carefree in a corridor of their office with the old flight controller.

https://vimeo.com/82592021

Jeff

vispaaja

Thanks I tried with Google Chrome and it worked, somehow Firefox was giving errors..

We have tried the SuperX on 5 different helis from small to mid size helis and haven't had any major issues. Today our Y6 jumped in the air once, for some reason. It was in a steady hover when it suddenly ascented circa 1 meter quite rapidly.

SX seems to handle different setups with little or no tweaking

superx_2000px-6771.jpg

Size difference..

superx_2000px-6777.jpg

On my hexa

3kopteria_2000px-6731.jpg

Different confugurations

Djin

We had quite a discussion a few pages back about "carefree" or "heading lock". While I don't know if they will add it to the SuperX (I'll ask), I do know they did quite a bit of work with it on the predecessor to the SuperX, the FC1212P/AHRS-P. Here is a video of XAircraft in China testing carefree in a corridor of their office with the old flight controller.

https://vimeo.com/82592021

Jeff

I think I started that discussion and ended up asking Xaircraft America who said they don't believe the 'care-free' feature will be coming to the SuperX - well there is no plan for it anyway.

ary

I got 2 unit FC1212P/AHRS-P instaled on 2 super X8 3 years ago, It was a stressfull years. Then I switch to wkm, it was a relief.
Now Im going back using Super X, Im happy with it.

karri3nen

Thanks I tried with Google Chrome and it worked, somehow Firefox was giving errors..

We have tried the SuperX on 5 different helis from small to mid size helis and haven't had any major issues. Today our Y6 jumped in the air once, for some reason. It was in a steady hover when it suddenly ascented circa 1 meter quite rapidly.

SX seems to handle different setups with little or no tweaking

superx_2000px-6771.jpg

Size difference..

superx_2000px-6777.jpg

On my hexa

3kopteria_2000px-6731.jpg

Different confugurations

Here is video filmed by @vispaaja.
You cant see the powerloss, but it happened two times. need to try take 4S battery away from software. Baby came back anyway RTH :)

Last edited by a moderator:

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
had a video shoot yesterday where the director specifically wanted goPro footage for certain shots. So i took my small rig outfitted with the superX and it performed flawlessly all day.
love it.

View attachment 15374

Attachments

• 1523278_10202713915519307_566670710_o.jpg
    1523278_10202713915519307_566670710_o.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 299

Zirt57

I got 2 unit FC1212P/AHRS-P instaled on 2 super X8 3 years ago, It was a stressfull years. Then I switch to wkm, it was a relief.
Now Im going back using Super X, Im happy with it.

Actually what you had was a FC1212P/AHRS-2. Only testers got an AHRS-P. Only about a dozen AHRS-P were sent out and they were all test units. The AHRS-P never went into production. It looked very much like the SuperX unit and worked so well that when XAircraft asked us to return them with the promise of sending us a SuperX, most of us didn't want to return them. I'm glad I did because the SuperX works so well.

Jeff

Av8Chuck

Finally got around to setting up my SuperX, unfortunately it arrived with 1.7 firmware. I followed the instruction for upgrading the firmware but when I hit the button to upgrade in the guy a web browser comes up stating that the page no longer exists. I went to the Xaircraft website and found the link to download the software and Firmware but when I clicked on the grey box to download I got the same message.

A little disappointed that I have to upgrade but I might as well do it now before I get started. Any help would be appreciated.

If you are using Firefox. Switch to IE. or, notice all of the slashes going the wrong way in the web address, just put the forward slashes in their place.

jfro

Aerial Fun
Finally got around to setting up my SuperX, unfortunately it arrived with 1.7 firmware. I followed the instruction for upgrading the firmware but when I hit the button to upgrade in the guy a web browser comes up stating that the page no longer exists. I went to the Xaircraft website and found the link to download the software and Firmware but when I clicked on the grey box to download I got the same message.

A little disappointed that I have to upgrade but I might as well do it now before I get started. Any help would be appreciated.

Well documented issue.

Try it again and use internet explorer, not fire fox.

If not, here is one of a few threads that discuss the ways to the firmware done.

http://www.multirotorforums.com/showthread.php?15633-SuperX-Configurator-Error

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Well documented issue.

Try it again and use internet explorer, not fire fox.

If not, here is one of a few threads that discuss the ways to the firmware done.

http://www.multirotorforums.com/showthread.php?15633-SuperX-Configurator-Error

Go here http://www.xaircraft.com/superx/upgrade/

You will need to submit your unique ID which can be found on the about page of the software, so you will need to connect to you PC using 1.07

Download both Super.exe 1.0.8.3, and the firmware file, then follow the instruction stated elsewhere, basically don't forget to put the firmware update into the Superx folder

David