XAircraft SuperX

Av8Chuck

I have done it with a 1000mm hex and a 1080mm Octo.. no biggie, just hold over your head, out in front of you and get it done.

Do you have to do it at every location? Sounds a bit much, what happens if you don't?

How come it looks choppy, sorta like stop motion? Whats going on there? :frog:

It looks like if the footage went through After Effects it needs to be "interpreted" or a miss match of frame rates between source footage and timeline.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
It looks like if the footage went through After Effects it needs to be "interpreted" or a miss match of frame rates between source footage and timeline.

All knowledgeable! As I said there was NO post production simply cut to 2 clips from bigger recording, I certainly see no choppiness, suggest you download it as your Internet speed might be congested.

DAvid

Last edited by a moderator:

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
How come it looks choppy, sorta like stop motion? Whats going on there? :frog:

You know I would value your opinion! I certainly see no choppiness, suggest you download it as your Internet speed might be congested and others have not mentioned what you see

you can try this link to view and download free from YouTube

http://sdrv.ms/1gHWiFA

David

Emowillcox

Must be slow Internet speed In the Virgin Islands (-; video looks smooth here on my end. Nice results for your first time out. David what kind of videos u planning to make? Curious where the gold coast is?

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Must be slow Internet speed In the Virgin Islands (-; video looks smooth here on my end. Nice results for your first time out. David what kind of videos u planning to make? Curious where the gold coast is?

Thanks for that I think at times VIQuad just likes to wind me up.

Where I live is really my palette for the videos I am going to do, The Gold Coast is on Australia's eastern seaboard and a coastal resort town, now Australia's 6th largest city, it has fantastic wide beaches of golden sands and within an hour of that magnificent mountains and rain forests.

I have this vision of a video skimming along the waters edge turning into rolling sand dunes blue skies and small breaking waves.

then I'll tackle the rolling hills and the plantations of sugar cane :nevreness:

I do have many projects in my minds eye, just need to get the skill set and equipment right.

Here is my local governments web site.

http://www.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/thegoldcoast/default.html
View attachment 15194
Thanks for your encouragement.

David

Attachments

• gc.JPG
    gc.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 245

octocine

Can somebody please explain how the compass calibration works. I understand that areas can have different electromagnetic signals, but what happens to SuperX if you calibrate, say near a metal object and then fly away from it? If the calibration changes dramatically at different areas, does this mean you could not fly from a moving vehicle or a boat?

Av8Chuck

If you edited together two clips, you did post production. When you encode it to upload it you did post production. I also wasn't the one who pointed out the issue, I just replied to a question why its the way that it is.

Zirt57

Can somebody please explain how the compass calibration works. I understand that areas can have different electromagnetic signals, but what happens to SuperX if you calibrate, say near a metal object and then fly away from it? If the calibration changes dramatically at different areas, does this mean you could not fly from a moving vehicle or a boat?

Lets just say, don't EVER calibrate near a metal object. Get as far away from any metal as possible when calibrating. And the question, "what if I can't get far away from a metal object?" doesn't cut it. You MUST get away from the metal object when calibrating. Period.

To answer, what if I can't....you WILL crash.

Jeff

CrashMaster

You will be able to fly from a moving object the compass variations are tiny from magnetic north to true north. When you move East or West of the calibration point by an appreciable distance you need to re-calibrate. The lipos have not got enough power to travel far enough to worry about.
However, the earth's magnetic fields are not clean due to the structure of the earth's crust in certain areas, Solar Flares and Solar winds so re-calibration may be needed more often when travelling, all dependent on where you are flying.

Earth's real magnetic field:=
View attachment 15199

Theoretical Magnetic field=
View attachment 15197

Effect of Solar Flares on Earth's magnetic field=
View attachment 15198

Attachments

• earth_magnetic_field_poles.jpg
    earth_magnetic_field_poles.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 249
  • solarflare2-lrg.en.jpg
    solarflare2-lrg.en.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 327
  • Geodynamo_Between_Reversals.jpg
    Geodynamo_Between_Reversals.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 314

octocine

Lets just say, don't EVER calibrate near a metal object. Get as far away from any metal as possible when calibrating. And the question, "what if I can't get far away from a metal object?" doesn't cut it. You MUST get away from the metal object when calibrating. Period.

To answer, what if I can't....you WILL crash.

Jeff

Drat, the main reason to go with SuperX for me was to fly from a steel boat because other flight controllers will not initialize on a moving platform. Unfortunately, steel boats are the only option in the area I need to fly. Obviously, GPS and return home are of no use when you are flying from a moving platform. Will SuperX operate without GPS and compass?

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
It will, just unplug the GPS. But If you calibrated it on the ground, there is no reason the GPS would not work once you take off from the boat. You are not going to be flying it in the hull.

Worst case would be to take off in Atti mode, hover away from the boat for a min and let the GPS find the satellites.

Zirt57

Drat, the main reason to go with SuperX for me was to fly from a steel boat because other flight controllers will not initialize on a moving platform. Unfortunately, steel boats are the only option in the area I need to fly. Obviously, GPS and return home are of no use when you are flying from a moving platform. Will SuperX operate without GPS and compass?

I didn't say fly from or near metal objects, I said "don't CALIBRATE near" metal objects. Just be aware the steel boat "may" cause some problems when you get near to it but the SuperX has new firmware ( 1.0.8 ) that lets it use GPS only if the compass fails due to interference. But always CALIBRATE as far away from a metal object as possible. Now if you are out in the middle of a lake/ocean on a metal boat...???

As for will the SuperX operate without GPS/compass, this has been answered before in this thread and the answer is, yes. See above answer from SleepyC.

Jeff

Posted using Tapatalk

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
If you edited together two clips, you did post production. When you encode it to upload it you did post production. I also wasn't the one who pointed out the issue, I just replied to a question why its the way that it is.

I bow to your all knowing knowledge, however the ONLY issue was somebody with a slow Internet connection, "don't believe 90% of what you read on the Internet" funny how words come back to haunt you! the use of the words 'after effects' and 'it looks like' indicated you must have viewed the clip and made the WRONG assessment regarding software manipulation. Clever

David

Av8Chuck

This is getting old.

I see the same stuttering, it has nothing to do with the speed of the internet connection. I simply stated that if someone experiences this problem in After Effects then simply re-interpret the footage and it is solved, I did not imply that you used AE, I also said that it happens when you have a miss match in frame rates and pointed out that if you edited the clips together and encoded them then you did post production and either of those conditions might apply to you.

You can parse my words anyway you like, they are not coming back to haunt me, I didn't make a WRONG assessment, I just told anyone who might experience this problem how to solve it. If you want to go on believing that when someone points out a potential problem that its the speed of their internet connection and not the way you post produced the footage thats fine, YouTube is full of mediocre videos.

Dax

Can someone tell me if the SuperX Supplies the 5V to the receiver or do I need to install a BEC?

This thread is not on track anymore. Lets keep it relevant to SuperX. Start a new thread if you have other questions or issues.

Dax

Has anyone setup the Tarot 960 with the SuperX, and if so do you have any recommendation ? I just stared to build the Tarot 960 using the SuperX and looks very well machined and designed, better than the DJI S800. I own the S800 with wkm loaded and only flew it twice too many horror stories about it. Can't trust it.

Electro 2

Has anyone setup the Tarot 960 with the SuperX, and if so do you have any recommendation ?

Can't imagine why it wouldn't work. Both akfreak and I are using it with a 1000mm and an 1100mm. The Tarot looks like an excellent frame, considered one myself.