Was going to do some proper proximity stuff with the gondolas and skiers, but my FPV range was down to 100m inexplicably (5.8), and my googles kept misting up! Then to top it all, my gimbal was glitching. As usual, it was perfect on the bench the night before...

Salvaged what I could, but it's not my finest work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maverick

Another clip from my summer 2013 footage, again with my trusted ADX-3, Sony Nex 5n w/16mm pancake lens...

It's outside Randalstown in Co. Antrim with some lovely views of our beautiful Irish countryside, including Slemish Mountain in the background... I just love this music...

That is a really good but difficult question to answer..... there are many factors at work here...... Comsol Multiphysics $20,000 could provide you with an answer once you have all the input data loaded..... http://www.comsol.com/structural-mechanics-module.
Also you would have to buy several software modules as the one above would only get you part way towards the answer.
I attended one introductory training session..... all the other participants had Masters and Phd. degrees in Engineering (important prerequisites to using this software).
My BScEE degree didn't cut it.....
that is just how difficult it is to answer your question.....
. your remaining option would be to test each situation!

tonyh0905

That is a really good but difficult question to answer..... there are many factors at work here...... Comsol Multiphysics $20,000 could provide you with an answer once you have all the input data loaded..... http://www.comsol.com/structural-mechanics-module.
Also you would have to buy several software modules as the one above would only get you part way towards the answer.
I attended one introductory training session..... all the other participants had Masters and Phd. degrees in Engineering (important prerequisites to using this software).
My BScEE degree didn't cut it.....
that is just how difficult it is to answer your question.....
. your remaining option would be to test each situation!

As I don't have $20k sitting around doing nothing, and my HNC in construction leaves me under qualified, I'll go down the trial and error route!

I checked the balance again horizontally, and it looked fine, but when I checked vertically, it was horrible!! I have spent the last 3 hours, filing, sanding, and checking the hubs / bores of all four prop's so now I can place them in any orientation, and they will stay there.....If my quadcopter was an octocopter, I would have lost the will to live :).
I'll test them again tomorrow, and see how it goes....

Cheers

Tony

Been a while since I've posted to this thread but we've been crankin'. Here's a brief compilation of what we've been up to.

nick

sk8brd

Benjamin-sweet work on the race track. Seattle- good stuff!! judging by the frame rates and res -how's that movi treating ya?

daniel

B-roll, secondary footage or in this case all the footage that wasn't shot from the air.

Nice footage. Was the moving shot from the hood of the Mustang done with the BMPC?

the moving shot from the hood was with Gopro 3, i lowered the saturation to match the other BMPC footage.....gopro is to sharp!!

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Well done. That would be tricky, piloting from the side and keeping reasonably low over the jumps. Were you filming that solo?

Yep, I'm usually solo. One head is easier to control than two! I had a few moments where I was swearing quite a bit when I was really low but it all worked out. The staff were great at the track and stood around watching with fascination. Took about an hour of tracking everyone down beforehand to ask them to watch out for the drone!

More coming this week! Got some great locations lined up. :nevreness:

tonyh0905

F450 fligt up Pen yFan mountain

Took the F450 for a hike to the top of Pen y Fan. The wind was so strong at the peak I could barely stand! I took off from the leeward side of the mountain, and didn't intend to fly over the peak, but as I ascended the quad seemed to be handling it ok, so I went for it!

Pen y Fan /pɛn.ə.ˈvæn/ is the highest peak in South Wales and the southern United Kingdom, situated in the Brecon Beacons National Park. At 886 metres (2,907 ft) above sea-level, it is also the highest peak in Britain south of the Snowdonia mountain range. The twin summits of Pen y Fan and Corn Du were formerly referred to as Cadair Arthur or 'Arthur's Seat'.[SUP][(from Wikipedia)[/SUP]

http://youtu.be/GQcZLUvuW20

Could a site admin, or modorator please tell me why I CANNOT embed a YT video :(

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
... The staff were great at the track and stood around watching with fascination...

So far I get the same. With all of the negative stuff flying around about 'drones' one could expect a degree of hostility but everywhere I go people are fascinated. Of course it is a bit different with the 2.5m SR twin-cylinder, petrol-powered heli. They are still curious but not quite so keen to get up close - except the dumb ones.

Benjamin Kenobi

Took the F450 for a hike to the top of Pen y Fan. The wind was so strong at the peak I could barely stand! I took off from the leeward side of the mountain, and didn't intend to fly over the peak, but as I ascended the quad seemed to be handling it ok, so I went for it!

Pen y Fan/pɛn.ə.ˈvæn/ is the highest peak in South Wales and the southern United Kingdom, situated in the Brecon BeaconsNational Park. At 886 metres (2,907 ft) above sea-level, it is also the highest peak in Britain south of the Snowdonia mountain range. The twin summits of Pen y Fan and Corn Du were formerly referred to as Cadair Arthur or 'Arthur's Seat'.[SUP][(from Wikipedia)[/SUP]

http://youtu.be/GQcZLUvuW20

Could a site admin, or modorator please tell me why I CANNOT embed a YT video :(

Nice one! I took my S800 up there last year. Never again! It almost killed me hiking it to the top. And we had to have 12 observers to keep the crowds at bay.

Did you press the video button and paste the link in?

tonyh0905

Nice one! I took my S800 up there last year. Never again! It almost killed me hiking it to the top. And we had to have 12 observers to keep the crowds at bay.

Did you press the video button and paste the link in?

Thanks again Ben!...Your right, that climb is a killer, but the view make it well worth while!

I do try pressing the video button, the pop up window appears, and I paste the YT link. When I press "OK" the window closes, but no video :(

Benjamin Kenobi

Just over the road, well, field, from my house is this place:

Misty day but lovely place.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Very super. But I wonder if you understand the forum concept of threads and relevancy to those threads?

Aside from your post being in the wrong place, your 'perfect case' offers no shock protection whatsoever to the 550 inside, being crushed up against the inside walls with no foam padding at all. And then, imagine the carnage once LiPo's and other heavy objects are left to crash around inside under the careful attentions of airport baboons ... sorry ... baggage handlers.

nickedw

RPQ-S qualified
First Video Posting

First time I've put my efforts in front of you guys, so be gentle with me.

Shot in and around North Wales and Liverpool UK.

Nick.