DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
This would make more sense with an analog trim. but with digital, then you would have to wait for it to beep all the way back to center. As an alternative try setting your Rudder D/R second setting to a really low number like 20 or 30. i have my radio set up with D/R 0 at 85% -15 exp. D/R 1 at 65% -20 exp.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
This would make more sense with an analog trim. but with digital, then you would have to wait for it to beep all the way back to center. As an alternative try setting your Rudder D/R second setting to a really low number like 20 or 30. i have my radio set up with D/R 0 at 85% -15 exp. D/R 1 at 65% -20 exp.

I dont have a problem with my method it works perfectly as the flight controller is not controlling servos but speed controllers to make the engine rates different to allow for the yaw.

I just start by applying the yaw trim the way I want it to yaw. two clicks to start with then with my MX20 I find about 4 clicks from centre works on my ADX3. Guess different radios and different configurations will require different amonts of trim..

I understand what you say about the expo and I have mine set up for standard flight and video flight.. BUT whaen your thumbs are shaking so much coz you are trying to get the shot and the nervs have kicked in its hard to get a steady yaw!

Think I need to go relaxation classes prior to flying!

Dave

Dave

drhswe

Asfalt - Swedish "Top Gear" that we helped.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/eastcoastheli#p/a/u/0/UPNwTeyWXxo[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

Meez

born to fly
hai guys,

I'm new in AV and this is my very first video with MKHexa after solved several vibration and PID setting issue. I knew i still need to works on PID's after watch this video. Please give a comment...................

juz

FPV pilot
That looked pretty smooth to me. Nice work.

I filmed something too...but not so smooth.

Jake Bullit

Fly,crash,glue,repeat!
Looks smooth to me, Meez,and welcome.
Juz thats great flying ,I was ducking when you went under the fence.Great countryside too,doesn`t seem to be much sign of life out there.

Borneoben

hai guys,

I'm new in AV and this is my very first video with MKHexa after solved several vibration and PID setting issue. I knew i still need to works on PID's after watch this video. Please give a comment...................

Looks great for your first video Meez!

Well Done

I look forward to seeing more from you.

BTW how do you find setting up and getting MK FC to fly well?

I am in the process of choosing an FC leaning towards Wookong at the moment.

Cheers

Ben

Meez

born to fly
Thanks guys...........

Borneoben,

I only get that after several weeks doing settings, tweakings and flyings. What i have learnt is PID's settings and vibrations is two different things. PID's is to make the aircraft stable during flyings. Weight and wind will give thermendous effect to the aircraft. At this point i'm still struggling to get a right setting because it's quite windy here in Malaysia. Now i'm thingking to make several PID settings, save it to my GS and select via tx switch (during flying) according to the wind situation.

I solved vibration issue by making my own suspension mountings using silicone tube for nitro fuel. This solution i get from RCG. You can refer to http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1297905

As for PID's, i always refer to mikrokopter forum
http://forum.mikrokopter.de/forum-17.html
http://www.mikrokopter.us/index.php?action=forum
http://www.technotragic.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=19&Itemid=71&limitstart=4

Hopefully u make a wise choice for your FC.............:cool:

Cheers

Emowillcox

Juz super cool flying.. really get a sense of the fun you have flying your quad. Just wonder how many props you break with all that crazy flying?

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Nice, I have always wanted to try FPV flying but never had the balls! Always scared of the consequences. I might have to buy myself a cheap heli to give it a try!

Gunter.

juz

FPV pilot
Juz super cool flying.. really get a sense of the fun you have flying your quad. Just wonder how many props you break with all that crazy flying?
Thanks mate. Not too many props. I am just testing the coptercontrol board at this stage. Will fly hard soon, then we'll see.

Nice, I have always wanted to try FPV flying but never had the balls! Always scared of the consequences. I might have to buy myself a cheap heli to give it a try!

Gunter.

Cheap heli? I am too chicken to FPV a heli. (I ahve a trex 500 and 700) Too difficult to fly (FPV style) and expensive when you crash. Multicopters are best. Some of my crashes result in no damage, the worst crash I've had cost me 25 bucks.

Borneoben

Yeah i Agree with Juz

I wouldnt have teh balls to fly a heli FPV!!

Get yourself a BlueskyRC FPV Quad frame a CopterControl Flight controller a few motors and escs and your good to go!! Oh and you may want a camera and Video tx they are kinda uesful for FPV

I rekon you could be in the air for about 250 bucks!

Hey Juz

What does your throttle curve look like for your FPV quad? Do you use Throttlr curves in your TX or do you use the Throttle curve in the CC software?

I struggle with low level flying when FPV i cant quite seem to keep her level and keep touching the ground!!

Makes for quite exciting flying when your not expecting it!

Oh and i think you shoudldo a Build log here to share your FPV quad setup!

Cheers

Ben

Bowley

Meez,

Nice, having the skids in view, shows how good your mount roll stabilzation is, what mount are you using and what are are you using to stabilize it?

Steve