S900 Owner's Thread and Mini Build Log

Ronan

Gensace are meant to be good from what I've heard

Read the same thing, can't find any of their larger 6s lipo packs in stock... Tried my 5 usual dealers and they are all out of stock, been like that for awhile.

MaxAmps look great, but SUPER expensive (even more than Pulse)! Tattu i found perfect for pricing but i recall people complaining about them awhile back (i think).

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Tattu are GensAce (GensTattu). Made by the same company but rebranded for multirotors.

I think MaxAmps were found to have only a 5C continuous discharge rate if I remember posts on this forum a while back.

I love GensAce, can't recommend them enough. Solid lipos with a great life span.

Jumpy07

I am using 2 x 5800 6s on mine. Zippys.. 30c

Maidened the S900 at the weekend without the gimbal.. cant believe how quiet it is compared to my CarbonCore Hex..... also felt really locked.. might feel difference with the extra weight of the gimbal though..

Having issues with the retracts in failsafe.. using X6R rx (frsky & taranis) and doesent want to set failsafe for PWM channel ... might be a bug in RX firmware.. seems to work ok on X8R rx.. so need to get another one for S900.

Will maiden with the GH4 and gimbal this weekend.. looking forward to seeing what 4k is like..

Have built an ee file for the Taranis and S900/WKM with Zenmuse if anyone wants it.. pm me.. includes custom voices..

Tahoe Ed

I just got my 21,000 lipo in today. Holy cow is that sucker big!!! They say it will fit in the battery bay but it will be a tight fit. I think that I will limit the lipos to 15000 from now on. 25min is just now worth the cost and size in my opinion.

Ronan

I just got my 21,000 lipo in today. Holy cow is that sucker big!!! They say it will fit in the battery bay but it will be a tight fit. I think that I will limit the lipos to 15000 from now on. 25min is just now worth the cost and size in my opinion.

Can you measure the S900 battery tray and the 21,000 lipo?

I really need to push 20-25 minutes flight time, hence why i bought a gimbal that's half the weight of the Z15!

Tahoe Ed

It is 23.5cm long x 9.75cm wide x 4.75cm tall. It fits basically because it is not that tall and fits under the XT60 connector that powers the landing gear and the gimbal. It does balance well. Weight is 2.35kg.

Dave_EP

Anyone in the north of England with a S900? I'd love to come visit and see it fly, especially with a GH4.... otherwise I may have to turn up at Ben's door one day !

Ronan

It is 23.5cm long x 9.75cm wide x 4.75cm tall. It fits basically because it is not that tall and fits under the XT60 connector that powers the landing gear and the gimbal. It does balance well. Weight is 2.35kg.

That's the size of the battery right? That's one LONG battery!

What about the size of the battery/tray holder? Still waiting for my S900 to arrive... lol

Tahoe Ed

That's the size of the battery right? That's one LONG battery!

What about the size of the battery/tray holder? Still waiting for my S900 to arrive... lol

It is a long battery but it fits. It is about 1.5x longer than the tray but the balance is just fine ant the lipo is secure in the craft.

Jumpy07

First flight today with S900 GH4 and Gimbal.. flew it with 2 X 5800mah 6s 30c Zippy's .. just over 8.5 mins flight.. and landed with @3.8v on cells.. so another min possible.. maybe 10 mins at a push

First video attempt not too shabby.. got a bit of hunting going on with the exposure.. forgot to set ISO.. still had it on auto.. also waiting on some ND filters.. which will probably help..

Camera tilt does not seem to level properly.. sits up when you Reset gimbal.. also remote shutter not working... I see others reporting this issue.. on plus note I am not having the glitching problems others are having.

Well impressed with S900 and WKM combo.. its a lot quieter than my CarbonCore.. seem to have hit the sweat spot on the gains as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

PMaughan

First flight today with S900 GH4 and Gimbal.. flew it with 2 X 5800mah 6s 30c Zippy's .. just over 8.5 mins flight.. and landed with @3.8v on cells.. so another min possible.. maybe 10 mins at a push

First video attempt not too shabby.. got a bit of hunting going on with the exposure.. forgot to set ISO.. still had it on auto.. also waiting on some ND filters.. which will probably help..

Camera tilt does not seem to level properly.. sits up when you Reset gimbal.. also remote shutter not working... I see others reporting this issue.. on plus note I am not having the glitching problems others are having.

Well impressed with S900 and WKM combo.. its a lot quieter than my CarbonCore.. seem to have hit the sweat spot on the gains as well.

Did you have a weigh in Craig?

Pete

Jumpy07

I need better scales.. I have a cheap luggage set which over reads I think.. so used Kitchen Scales and Bathroom Scales to get results below..

Airframe + Gimbal (No Lipos or Camera) = 5.4kg (prob not 100% accurate as used bathroom scales.. my weight.. then my weight plus airframe) :)
Camera = 700g
Lipos 2 x5000mah zippy compacts = 1.4kg
Total = 7.5kg

If you use a lightweight 8000mah you could get it to 7kg I think prob 5mins flight time..

Might put the GH4 Zenmuse combo on my CarbonCore, as its a lighter frame than the S900..no retracts etc.. and swap my A6000 Zenmuse combo to the S900.. that way will have two frames under 7kg with bettre battery capacity.

PMaughan

Jolly good, just wanted to check I wasn't way out. That extra 500g is about right with your batteries.

I've been getting 7-8mins on a single 8000, 6.9kg ish.

Pete

hvilorio

InfinityM with the latest AlexMos.

For what camera? Did you get the InfinityM-P3? Did they sell it with the AlexMos controller or you bought that separately?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk