S800 alternative props

toscatara

these are no supported by dji in any means , we use them monstly for customers that use a AV-200.

the added weight is about 60 grams on each arm

because only customers AV200?

how long it takes to send and return from Spain?

thank

Last edited by a moderator:

vislaw

Say, now that all new s800s come with a battery tray, are those of us who bought early before the trays were ready supposed to get one? I'd hate to have to pay $150 for a part that is considered part of the package.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
my experience is that if you have the right sales person at DJI, they send out the promised parts like the batter tray or the OSD for those that had to deal with the ESC change ah and the Can-bus. What they really like though and what eases there will to send stuff out if you add up components in one shipment. If you look at the battery tray which probably costs them 5 to 10 $ the only painful thing for them is shipment.

(otherwise your reseller/vendot should be arranging for you)

Boris

DennyR

Say, now that all new s800s come with a battery tray, are those of us who bought early before the trays were ready supposed to get one? I'd hate to have to pay $150 for a part that is considered part of the package.
I got mine after I bought on the original offer price. It took a couple of months of calls to the factory. It is really an essential part of the S800 because the battery must be fixed very firmly so that it's mass aids the stabilisation. The maxamps 11,000 seems to provide the right weight to reach the optimum efficiency.

ChrisViperM

Since I did not have the original DJI tray, I was looking for alternatives and got these two mounts to test:

1) DJI Spreading Wings S800 Kit --- special parts OEM battery tray

2) DJI S800 (x650V) multi function convert board /battery board S800UPG200

After trying the two different aftermarket trays (and later also the DJI tray) I am using the 2) - multi function convert board now. With that tray I can mount 2 LiPo-packs either latterally or longitudinally, or I can also use just one big LiPo pack. That way and being able to shift the whole tray forward or backward on the rail makes it very easy to find the perfect COG.
Additionally I am also using the 3M Dual Lock ( https://www.google.com/search?q=3m+...w&biw=1886&bih=935&sei=EiW3UPnhI7LO4QTI3YDYBA) to secure the LiPo's...10x better than any velcro I used so far.
and this works absolutely perferfect for me. The little disadvantage of this tray: It's not so easy to disassemble the landing gear for transport like with the DJI tray (takes maybe ~ 5 min. more...)
Having the weight of one fat LiPo (two LiPo's is almost impossible) on the DJI tray with it's flimsy "mountig ears" does not give me a good feeling.

But I guess everyone is having his own desires and experiences.....

Chris

DennyR

Both of those alternatives look pretty good - don't tell DJI, it might invalidate your warranty, if such a thing still applies....

HeinzABF

@ vislaw
the size : length 175 mm, width: 71 mm, height: 60 mm perfectly for the 6S-8000
i don´t like the maxamps 6S-11000 because of only 5C on permanent use (digitech from Holland has had a lot of trouble, anywhere in another thread)

@ DennyR
because DJI delivered the S800 w/o battery holder, so what had i to do? And which warranty? The S800 was from preorder long ago.

regards
Heinz

jukusa

hi, i have just installed xoar prop 15*5 (no reinforce arm), test a fly this afternoon, i can see lot of vib on the compas. But on the video of the zen, it s ok. Anyone have tried xoar prop on the original arm? is it because xoar prop is too much for this firmly arm?

DennyR

We all know that the S800 has had it's problems with reliability issues, but that is not an all together unique scenario amongst all Multi rotor craft. We need to be vigilant at all times to see potential failures before they happen. I almost feel that what I am about to say is going to sound like sour grapes to most people but. For most of my life I have been trained to design cutting edge components used in the most demanding of situations throughout the motor racing industry. Components that must not fail.
I just checked out a s800 adapter made by this company Secraft. It has a 4mm pilot hole that extends right into the base of the 6mm main shaft. This is made from 6061 alum. material and thus we have a 1 mm. tubular section at the most highly stressed part of the model. Not only does it have to support the weight of the model it is under tensile load from the prop. nut. Add to that a few torsional loads and it is about as strong as a carrot. Clearly it does not take a great deal of grey matter to see that this represents a failure point that could happen at any time. Sorry guys if you bought this item but it is going to fail at some point.http://www.secraft.net/shop/step1.php?number=1318 check out the drawing for yourself. It has a few other bad things like the stupid prop. nut and the countersunk screws and the nice stress raiser sharp edge at the base.

Please be careful, we don't need anymore issues. The S800 is a great machine that is now reliable. Lets keep it that way

DennyR

View attachment 7925 This is how much material you have supporting your investment when you drill out the 6mm main shaft with a 4 mm drill. FWIW

Attachments

• POS-1.jpg
    POS-1.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 279

atomkind

Denny, isn´t this one of your adapters? the secraft ones look kind of different. What material do you use. Seems to be alloy too.

Also do you sell them via kopterworx?

Thanks

jffry7

aka TruckBasher
Its Denny's adapter on photo but he deliberately drilled close to the 6mm shaft to mimic the secraft ones. if you noticed the Secraft is thinner than Denny's adapter. Dont worry if you are using one it would break like shown on photo as the drilled part is not too close to the shaft

DennyR

Denny, isn´t this one of your adapters? the secraft ones look kind of different. What material do you use. Seems to be alloy too.

Also do you sell them via kopterworx?

Thanks

I do supply Matjaz and they wont break, This was a test that I did to prove that the Secraft design has a bad flaw. Even if they did copy the same material that I use.

vislaw

I just got my adapter set from Denny today. I am so pleased I ordered from him as these are beautifully made and designed. KUDOS sir!!!!!!!!!!

atomkind

I´ve got Dennys adapters too. Interesting how they get around the world.

Looking forward to the xoar 15x5 props. They should be here soon.

Denny, thanks for taking such an afford of producing them.