S800 alternative props

DennyR

Try Kopterworx, Matjaz sells a lot of adapters (faster than I can make em) and props.:tennis:

Last edited by a moderator:

atomkind

Hi,

I just setup the s800 with the adapter and graupner 14x8 props which I balanced before. That is way better than the DJI props, but the s800 won´t keep altitude at mid stick. I need to bring the stick up a littler more. Is this normal? Problably I have some wron gain settings. What settings do you use? ( I am flying zemnuse with nex7)

Thanks

APVXtreme

APVXtreme
Same, I"m going to adjust the vertical gain in the assistant just a touch higher, that should take care of it. The heavier the bird... I fly S800/Z15N/NEX7 also but haven't tried Denny's adapters and Graup's yet. Working with a set of CNC/XMHobbies carbon fiber 15x5's. So far so good! I hear they are great though! I'd be interested in seeing difference in flight times with different props. I can squeeze 15min with 2 x 4400mah 45c's right now but would love to get a solid 30min ...

Hi,

I just setup the s800 with the adapter and graupner 14x8 props which I balanced before. That is way better than the DJI props, but the s800 won´t keep altitude at mid stick. I need to bring the stick up a littler more. Is this normal? Problably I have some wron gain settings. What settings do you use? ( I am flying zemnuse with nex7)

Thanks

PapaRomeo

Hi,

Thanks

I have the same issue.

atomkind

Maybe the props simply don´t work on the s800. Anyone an idea? No one got these working?

Probably the xoar 15x5 is the only way to go...

APVXtreme

APVXtreme
I'm sure they work, Denny's adapters are widely used and well respected. I would say again, up your vertical gain setting in the assistant software. That should take care of it. I have a set of Graupners on my F550 and they are great! Quiet, precise and strong. I am trying to keep my S800 as stock as possible but will admit that the XMHobbies props I have been testing are very strong and fly very well and are 15x5, maybe 14x5 would work better?

Maybe the props simply don´t work on the s800. Anyone an idea? No one got these working?

Probably the xoar 15x5 is the only way to go...

atomkind

I did some more testing today. Even with vertical gains of 250 the graupners do not work well.

They do in the first phase of the battery runtime (in my case 6s 8000mah) but after some flight time (about 2-3 ins.) the current sinks and the rpm as well. So the s800 cannot hold it´s altitude on mid stick. I do not know if there is a way to increase the overall rpm.

I have graupners on my f550 as well and they work awesome. I also had them on an octacopter with great results, but the 14x8 are not really working on the s800. Maybe someone has an idea on a custom mixer setup that could work.

Best

DennyR

I use gains around 130 only, I did once have an issue with the vertical hold but after a few flights it just went away for some reason. My choice in turbulence was the APC 14x4.7 then the Xoar 15x5 but the Graupners have too much pitch angle IMHO. Almost 200 people using em now so we cant all be wrong...

atomkind

Hey Denny,

What elevation are you living (flying at)?

I will give 130 a try and i also ordered xoar 15x5 props to compare.

Best

atomkind

Ok, I am at an elevation around 1000 - 1500 meter at 5-10°C at the moment.

I think this makes a huge difference. I also think the graupner 14x8 are just a bit too small to fly in these conditions. I will also fly at around 2500 meter at -10°C.

I am not sure if it is possible to increase the rpm in the dji setup. Anyone knows the custom mixer better?

Thanks

DennyR

I'm using these 11,000 maxamps which seem to be about the right weight to give stable performance and good endurance on a S800.

FWIW..... On my TDR's I have two of them. (22Amps.) With helis you can draw up to 10 amps on servo power in high speed flight, to avoid receiver brown out you need a good PS such as Kontronics heli Jive 120.

Just added a small Walkera 500D01 heli for a GoPro3 creation I've been thinking about for some time now. And stumbled upon this http://www.walkera.com/en1/particular.jsp?pn=DEVO+F7

for a cheap FPV solution.

You gotta hand it to these guys they are going places....

Digitech

well now with this cold weather we are getting in some complaints with distorted images on the zenmuse.
it seems due to the colder weather (4-10C) the vibrations on arms seem getting worse.
the xoars seem to be doing ok , but a good and final solution are these arms.
we offer them now as a extra service to our customers.
View attachment 7845View attachment 7846View attachment 7847

Attachments

• Arm1 24-November 2012.jpg
    Arm1 24-November 2012.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 349
  • Arm2 24-November 2012.jpg
    Arm2 24-November 2012.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 319
  • Arm3 24-November 2012.jpg
    Arm3 24-November 2012.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 258

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
even better than modded arms, would be the info that dji is finally excepting this as an issue. I bet reseller are reporting back ? How far to a upgrade of the arms by DJI ?

Boris

vislaw

I'm using these 11,000 maxamps which seem to be about the right weight to give stable performance and good endurance on a S800. ....

Denny, I also fly with those MaxAmps 11,000 batteries and agree that they seem to be the optimum right now. I'm pretty heavy at 6,613 grams with the MaxAmps and the extras I fly but it handles very nicely and gets about 11 minutes air time. I also tested the Turnigy Nano-Tech 8000 batteries and they consistently give me about 8 minutes. At almost a quarter the cost of the MaxAmps, the Turnigys are a pretty good deal.

Digitech

even better than modded arms, would be the info that dji is finally excepting this as an issue. I bet reseller are reporting back ? How far to a upgrade of the arms by DJI ?

Boris

these are no supported by dji in any means , we use them monstly for customers that use a AV-200.

the added weight is about 15 grams on each arm