Picloc 3x setting experience etc.

GeorgeM

That's why I told you about the button, yet also about the video.. just in case. Guess reminding about the button press was quicker ;)

Hi George.
Update on the PL standart was no Problem after pressing the Button.
But the Pro makes some problems.
Same procedure as with the standart, but the red led doesnst light and there is no connection with the PC.
I tried with and without the USB resistor.
I will send a Video to your adress soon .

Lanzar

Ok. We uploaded the firmware. Nothing better. Will try to explain more what we are getting.

First of all grauner mx 20 with grauper 12ch reciver.
When the power is conected to the picloc and the transmiter is off. U can barely hear the servos (they tick maybe 20 times per minute) Roll and tilt stabilization is working ok. Pann is conected to reciver cause of the problem with piclock. We get less servo jitter by doing it that way. u can still see some jitter in roll servo but u can live with it.
When we power on transmiter the servos start buzzing instant and they dont stop. jitter on roll is much more visible and also the tilt is now jerking also. this are like 1 step +- . I can still see the ppm sums jumping on pc for +-3 random.

So this firmware did not fix it. Is there any way to do default setting and go from skratch. One more thing , i would like a calibration video to see if i am doing something wrong.

Waiting for other to comment. WE gonna try another mount today with new picloc to see if it is the same or only on this picloc.

dr ray

dr ray
Hi there Picloc user,
Hi George, first many thanks for your effort. you catched there a huge job :) hope you got my parcel with the PC-standard. (ACC-drift).

Reading 29 pages throu, but my issuy isn`t involvet.
I`m stting a VR360 with cinestar gimbal up.
I have to replace the old Parallax servo , hihihi. i think you know this model. i guess,i saw it on your desktop?

My issue: changeing to the SLEWmode, the stickmode of nick and roll reverses?? is this normal?
2. going home mode, all servos are jitterng in to the homeposition??

So far i am happy with Picloc, it did not have the maiden flight, jet.

regads ray

p.s. realy like your videos, woud like to see more ....

Last edited by a moderator:

GeorgeM

@Lanzar : for my tests I used a Spektrum AR8000 main RX and its satellite coupled with a DX8. This gave me the worst ever jitter on the servos. The reason is that all servo pulses out of the main receiver start from exactly the same position when viewed on my oscilloscope. This gives the biggest headache to Picloc, because it is responding to all incoming servo signals at the same time.
What I see, is a small amount of jitter when the tilt and roll are in proportional mode...but when I switch to SLEW, all goes quiet.
The reason is that the Slew mode, with its own algorithm, produces a smoothing effect on the control inputs.
What is needed now, is for me to make an input filter on the control inputs to smooth out the minor differences that are transmitting this received jitter, directly to the servo outs.
Build T055 ( test 0055 ) is working better then previous, in my opinion.
Still open to suggestions though.

Can you kindly check for me that when you switch to Slew mode, your servo behaves just like as if it was directly connected to your receiver ?

@Dr. Ray - Yes.. Gains of Tilt and Roll are reversed. This is known and is fixed in release of v0.56 PiclocToolz. ( They change name properly to whether tilt or roll is in arrow direction ).

Yes.. Parallax servos are slow, robotic servos... analog if i remember right. No I don't own any of them.

GeorgeM

Yes.. Hexacop.. I remember telling you this also... Yes??
(some) BEC's are noisy beasts, While Picloc is a sensitive array of sensors.

dr ray

dr ray
Can you kindly check for me that when you switch to Slew mode, your servo behaves just like as if it was directly connected to your receiver ?

@Dr. Ray - Yes.. Gains of Tilt and Roll are reversed. This is known and is fixed in release of v0.56 PiclocToolz. ( They change name properly to whether tilt or roll is in arrow direction QUOTE]

Jap, SLEW and straight receiver same. i checked only tilt and roll, to be precise, did not check pan.

Does overwriting with the vt55 delet the old setup?

GeorgeM

Hmm.. Strange... power supply is smooth ?? What's your setings for P-Gain and Acceleration ??

T055 firmware does not delete the settings of the previous firmware. forwards and backwards compatible.

AlexeiD

I'm interested in Picloc 3x PRO too. Can you please contact me? I already sent you two emails, but still no answer. Thanks a lot

dr ray

dr ray
Hmm.. Strange... power supply is smooth ?? What's your setings for P-Gain and Acceleration ??

T055 firmware does not delete the settings of the previous firmware. forwards and backwards compatible.

Changed power supply. Does not help. P-G and Acc 260 and 620. But i found something esle out.... starting everthing up, with aux1 0uS. Then moving in SLEWmode tilt and roll out of level and
let it sit there. Next, going with aux1 up to 600uS still sits there in stop mode, fine so far. Goin all the way straight down to -600uS,nothing moves, fine. Then again +600uS and servos comming nicely back in position. Also, the jittering is only from 0uS to -600uS. This is provided so? I thing going from 0uS down to -600uS shoud be jitteringfree?

& alexei and siteline, Piclocs are out of stock. got mine on "second hand market" from germany

tschau ray

Copterpic

Hi George,
do you think there will be a possibility for the picloc to support step motors instead of servos? Many innovative manufacturers are working with step motors in the future. As the Picloc is also an innovative product it would be a gread possibility to be on top ;). What do you think about this George?

holco

George,

Have a big problem here!!

Whatever I do I cant get the picloc in program mode anymore, when I push the button before I connect the USB plug the white light will not go out.

Tried with all things connected and with notting connected, same result.

Hope you can help me out!!

Greetings,

Mario

Lanzar

@holco
Are u only using the usb cable and u still have the servos conected to picloc. If u do, u need to put extra supply to picloc cause the usb power is not strong enough. So unplug or give extra power when u would like to program.

Good luck

holco

picloc toolz works without any problem.

It just will not go in program mode!! tried everything with everything connected and with nothing connected.

Tomorrow I have to make some demo shoots, but the picloc is useless like it is now, back to MK mount control I think :upset:

Hope George will come online soon

mitmit

picloc toolz works without any problem.

It just will not go in program mode!! tried everything with everything connected and with nothing connected.

Tomorrow I have to make some demo shoots, but the picloc is useless like it is now, back to MK mount control I think :upset:

Hope George will come online soon

I suppose you mean bootloader mode, it is only good for fw updates.
I noticed mine works same way - white led doesnt go off when powered with button pushed, but there is lso red led which indicate bootloader mode. and I'm still able to update FW even with white led still on.
hope this helps
cheer
dimitri

dr ray

dr ray
refresh com port?
presumably you tried all ready.

sorry,ah bootmode or userprogram, I'm confused.

Last edited by a moderator: