Picloc 3x setting experience etc.

GeorgeM

Hmmm... Servo output seems rock solid.. Hmm.. do the tilt and roll servo do the same if you select 1500us ( item 0 in your Servo output matrix selection ),
or one of the latter fixed values towards the end of the list ?

Thanks for these tests... really helpful !

hexacop

HexaCop
@George,
would it be possible to have multiple settings available and be able to switch between them without the need of a PC connection?

holco

George,

Can the Spektrum DX6i be the problem? I can change it for a Futaba T12 FG transmitter if this will help.

holco

Yes the same on 1500us.

Hmmm... Servo output seems rock solid.. Hmm.. do the tilt and roll servo do the same if you select 1500us ( item 0 in your Servo output matrix selection ),
or one of the latter fixed values towards the end of the list ?

Thanks for these tests... really helpful !

Lanzar

@George
Will try to get u on skype later on since i will be in Kopterworx and will place a call on skype threw Krleas. Lets saj around 21.30 to 22.00. If i can get screenshots of it would be great cause i can always switch to normal bec and change the roll gears back to normal.

And i am missing a video on how to calibrate cause some points on vertical horizontal dont make sence to me :), HOPE its just mee hahaha who has trouble understanding.

GeorgeM

Aha... I am relatively sure there is no 'jitter' on the servo outputs when.. at least... set on a fixed pulse width like 1500uS or any other setting.
But I will double check this when I'm back at my lab.

So..Does this 'servo wondering' also happen when the HV-787 is powered directly from your receiver ?

@hexacop...not sure you'd want to switch between different setups....
what I'm preparing is switching between user programmable modes using an aux channel on your TX.
but FYI, using JetiDuplex telemetry, you can already do such adjustments while flying your camera mount. ( as long as the mod mentioned a couple of pages above is done )

Try to take the potentiometer out of your camera Mount and dont touch it.
I had also problems with jittering MKS 787.

When i removed the P. From the mount it was O.K

holco

The 787 are powered all the time from the RX on 8.4V.

Can the Spektrum DX6i be the problem? I can change it for a Futaba T12 FG transmitter if this will help.

Aha... I am relatively sure there is no 'jitter' on the servo outputs when.. at least... set on a fixed pulse width like 1500uS or any other setting.

So..Does this 'servo wondering' also happen when the HV-787 is powered directly from your receiver ?

what I'm preparing is switching between user programmable modes using an aux channel on your TX.
but FYI, using JetiDuplex telemetry, you can already do such adjustments while flying your camera mount. ( as long as the mod mentioned a couple of pages above is done )

My PL is not mounted on the Camera Plate.
I think in this case you dont use external pots.
I changed to some other servos MKDS 18 on pan and tilt .
They are not very fast, but they dont jitter and its possible to pan veeeery smooth.
On Roll i use a Spektrum H40 60.

I just found out that MKV 787 where jittering when the original pots where mounted on my AV 200.
Also when i was touching it with my my fingers.

I wanted to try it with isolating the Pots but than i Tryed the other servos....
The smooth pan is for me more important than perfect stabilisation.

holco

George,

Do you think there is a solution for this?

daniel

hi, do you mean take the potentiometer out completely, with the gear wheel to?? just leaving the servo on the roll???

Try to take the potentiometer out of your camera Mount and dont touch it.
I had also problems with jittering MKS 787.

When i removed the P. From the mount it was O.K

daniel

Conclusion about mks 787???? useless for picloc??? looks like the futaba is better...

But at the end is not all the servos problem..... i connect my savox tilt to the mk flight control and the tilt is super smooth...not perfect accurate but smooth....then i connect to picloc and ......what i mentioned above.....

im doing tests everyday so we can get picloc to work perfectly.....we are almost there...

GeorgeM

Here's what it looks like when you mount Picloc on the camera plate of an AV120:

This would be the same type of setting that PhotoShipOne customers would do with their Piclocs, since PS1 use 360Servos.
Also this is the same method for Copterworks, Triax and CopterFilms type mount hierarchies.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lanzar

@GeorgeM

Ok now i turned off my grampner mx20 with mxdr16 the picloc is stable. No jitter and no vibration. As soon as i turn it back on i get problems. I have pann tilt and roll servos output jumping for +-3 or more without touching anything. PPS sum is the connection i am using. I am on skype if u will be online today. We need help :).
Tried the capacitor thing and no luck. What else to do.

GeorgeM

Ok.. then the issue is something else, which I have a good idea of what's happening.

One Question... are you using SLEW or Proportional control ( stick mode ).

This is not solvable by Skype, but I have to issue an update on the firmware.

GeorgeM

OK.. Its a firmware bug it seems.

Will look into it ASAP !!

There will be an update of current firmware v0.55 to solve this issue with jitter when radio is ON.
Its like Picloc is paying too much attention to decode the Receiver input with accuracy and letting the stabilization suffer a bit.

I'll try to make this as fast as possible, and then continue with 0.56 update later to include the added features mentioned earlier on.

Thanks for all input so far !! It's invaluable !!