Photohigher skyline rsgs

Thomb

Are you using different cable connections? 1.1.7 needs tilt to tilt, 1.2.0 needs tilt to tilt, roll to pan. You're now confusing me... LOL.
Can you be more specific as to what isn't working?
I'd suggest just sticking to 1.1.7 till they release step by step instructions, this is beta, and may not suit you.

i am on 1.1.7 because i dont have a connector that fits the servo leads together ( roll to pan ).
in 1.1.7 i get the tilt servo to stop turning but the roll isnt stopping tried most of the diffrent numbers.

nicwilke

i am on 1.1.7 because i dont have a connector that fits the servo leads together ( roll to pan ).
in 1.1.7 i get the tilt servo to stop turning but the roll isnt stopping tried most of the diffrent numbers.

Sounds like either a pot is not connected or your pot dummies are not correct. If you are on 1.1.7, check the wires from roll pot to RSGS.

As Nickville already said there are some differences in the connections between the two sw. The only occasion in which i haven't been able to manually calibrate a servo (in 1.1xxx) it was because the pot connection was reversed.
Another cause for the servo not stopping might be if you are set in slew and have a radio connected that has not been trimmed to the center (giving continuous "go" to the servo...)
C

I tried with manual tuning, in 1.2 software it wasnt working, tried it on 1.1.7 and i got the tilt servo at the point where it stopped tuning. The roll however is still having the time of his life turning tried all possible numbers still no luck there.

Thom

Sorry, i was not clear enough, my fault: i meant that in that occasion (when i couldn't center the servo) the reason was that i connected the plug reversed. Tilt pot to tilt pot ok...but reversed, like when you connect a servo reversing signal and negative, hope it is clearer now. As i said: that was my case.
One last thing: id did not want to confuse anyone, i am the kind of person who likes playing with these things so i tend to give a lower value to the time spent in trying to know and set them. But i also understand very well the people who need to have it just working. To these people i suggest just to wait for the next official release: it is a leap ahead from any point of view.
C
P.S.: before someone asks:no, i am not related or have interest in any way to PH.

Last edited by a moderator:

I was lucky enough to spend a day with kim and Brendon in Welly's over the w/end getting 1.2.0 sorted on my SJ6 /av 200. I know now that these guys are on the right track, the stablisation worked well in a gentle Wellington 20 KMH zephyr. Pan is very solid, though with my set up some small jerkyness ( Not jitter) is evident with slow pan ( or yaw of A/C which now causes a slow pan.) I think this might be a servo issue, it can't run at a low enough speed smoothly. No hint of the dreaded jitter was evident- forget the felt washers, h loom ETC.- the bloody thing is just doing what it is suposed to. And there will be further improvement yet I am sure after talking through it all with Brendon. Good on ya PH- it's been a rocky road with this one but the light is shining brightly at the end of the tunnel.

PS: I am not tied up with PH in any way except I buy some stuff off kim, and up till Saturday was like the rest of the world- pissed off about the skyline. I sure am glad I have stuck with it though.

Someone made me notice that in my previous message indicating how i set the servo center i made a mistake indicating that i set the servos to ON before saving the values just found. The right thing to do is to set them to OFF before saving, sorry about that.
I edited the message too.

Thomb

I was lucky enough to spend a day with kim and Brendon in Welly's over the w/end getting 1.2.0 sorted on my SJ6 /av 200. I know now that these guys are on the right track, the stablisation worked well in a gentle Wellington 20 KMH zephyr. Pan is very solid, though with my set up some small jerkyness ( Not jitter) is evident with slow pan ( or yaw of A/C which now causes a slow pan.) I think this might be a servo issue, it can't run at a low enough speed smoothly. No hint of the dreaded jitter was evident- forget the felt washers, h loom ETC.- the bloody thing is just doing what it is suposed to. And there will be further improvement yet I am sure after talking through it all with Brendon. Good on ya PH- it's been a rocky road with this one but the light is shining brightly at the end of the tunnel.

PS: I am not tied up with PH in any way except I buy some stuff off kim, and up till Saturday was like the rest of the world- pissed off about the skyline. I sure am glad I have stuck with it though.

so when the new fw comes out everything works with original connecting scheme? no weird movements at auto tuning etc?

And could anyone explain the differences between 1.1.6 and 1.1.7 please?
On wednesday I have a little job and don't know which FW I should choose. 1.1.6 works o.k. for me but I only use the roll stabilization of the skyline. Tilt is stabilized by MK and that is not a very good solution for me as I would like to use a 2nd remote for the tilt control...

Thomb

tried 1.1.7 with manual tuning, the tilt again stopped somewhere but when i try negative numbers on the roll the whole program freezes and need to reboot the skyline.
Also tried to connect the roll pot connector upside down but no luck there too.

Thomb

well i fixed my roll problem. took out the servo extention cable and direct mounted the pot to the skyline and the thing stopped when changed the numbers in software. Thanks all lol stupid cable....

Thomb

now got it working on 1.1.7 but cant reverse the servo's lol.

On 1.2.0 if you connect roll to pan how do you power and connect the skyline to pc?

Kari

now got it working on 1.1.7 but cant reverse the servo's lol.

On 1.2.0 if you connect roll to pan how do you power and connect the skyline to pc?

I connected power via Roll servo connector and pc to pan input. I got it working already quite well when tx is off, but when i turn tx on both axis start to drift slowly.. do i also need to adjust trim from tx to stop drifting or is there more sophisticated way?

I connected power via Roll servo connector and pc to pan input. I got it working already quite well when tx is off, but when i turn tx on both axis start to drift slowly.. do i also need to adjust trim from tx to stop drifting or is there more sophisticated way?

Honestly i think that trimming the radio is the easiest way to solve that, it's just normal that you need to do that IMO.
Thomb: you connect the skyline to the Pc using the Pan Input exactly like you did before.
The roll input remains the roll input, must be connected to the receiver and is controlling the roll exactly like before, it's only the roll servo that must be connected to the pan servo exit. I am talking about 1.2.0 of course.
C
P.S.: i rewired the connector, in the end the contacts are the standard servo contacts and i use to make my own extensions. The nice thing is that now there are only 9 wires going to the skyline, to get an idea of how thin that is...it's like three servo extensions, a great diet!