Photohigher skyline rsgs

hover.ch

Improving the camera balance actually has a big impact on tilt shaking, according to my experience. What is strange is the fact, that the opposite happened: Better balance (was it better?) led to more shaking ...?
Notice that zooming may have a big impact on the overall balance and shaking too, especially in telephoto-range.

Gbillerty

HI Ken,

thanks for the welcome ;) I finally fixed it all! BUt like you said, after removing again the tray and checking the parts and scews and re-installed, I got \\\PAN SHAKING LIKE HELL///! :upset:... I decided to add some double sided tape just behind the RSGS module where the screw goes to catch some eventual vibrations and re-did auto-tune procedure and it'S all PH-smooth like! not perfect ( is any PH product is perfect??) but acceptable.

I would really like to get a 3D plastic printer, going brushless with AV130 would be interesting.

Gbillerty

Improving the camera balance actually has a big impact on tilt shaking, according to my experience. What is strange is the fact, that the opposite happened: Better balance (was it better?) led to more shaking ...?
Notice that zooming may have a big impact on the overall balance and shaking too, especially in telephoto-range.

Right! I have checked balancing of the NEX7. Not perfect at the moment I will rework on that tonight!

Will test the whole setup for real this week-end as I have to take some aerial video for a friend that want to shoot for a University work (video clip).

Hi! I had the same..Makesure the CF rods going through the alu plates are the proper sizze,8mm I thing..Then you can cabletie the extrems of the baterie holder to the centre frame plate,
regards

Been through the thread but holly dolly!To much, got to the conclusion:RSGS is crap.

Whats the next controller up the line that can make AV200 good enough for comercial purpose?

Many thanks

kloner

Aerial DP
radian, but it's a tough mount..... alot use it on the roll only and leave rsgs on tilt/yaw......

look into the brushless conversions, that's the future and money spent in the right direction

party4all

Hey guys.

I was frustrated with my Av200 so i started to tune my Hexacopter and gimbal.

I had to film a house and i am pretty happy with my results (compared to my old ones)...not perfect but i see a light at the end of a looooooooooong tunnel :)

Using the Rsgs (New gain settings)

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:

party4all

Camera?Well done!

Thank you for your feedback.

I will present you my whole copter setup later. If you r interested :)

Copter was a Hexacopter (5kg weight)

Dji Naza V2

14x8 props

Herkules 3 board

Gimbal Av200 with pan (but not using it right now)

Rsgs

Sony a55

No post stabilisation ,only adjusted the colors in Magix.

Had a mikrokopter Ctrl before, but i wasnt happy with my results. (Shaky)

Havent tried in gusty winds yet.

Tuukkuli

There is post stabilisation. You can easily see it when the balcony "jumps" at you for example. I say this because I don´t want potential RSGS buyers to think one gets this good results with it. There are far better and cheaper systems out there like Alexmos.

Last edited by a moderator:

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
There is post stabilisation. You can easily see it when the balcony "jumps" at you for example. I say this because I don´t want potential RSGS buyers to think one gets this good results with it. There are far better and cheaper systems out there like Alexmos.

Correct, not just the balcony but the roof as well does a couple jumps. It's either post stabilization or the AV jumps and twitches when trying to hold a position which doesn't surprise me if there's an RSGS involved.

Ken

party4all

Correct, not just the balcony but the roof as well does a couple jumps. It's either post stabilization or the AV jumps and twitches when trying to hold a position which doesn't surprise me if there's an RSGS involved.

Ken

Thx for your reply. No, there was no post stabilization.

Jumping of the the tilt axis is caused by too high gain settings.(A problem I am trying to fix ) As I mentioned before, it`s not perfect and believe me, I dont want others to buy a RsgS...that would be madness :highly_amused:

I would love to switch to Alexmos (upcoming Conversion Kit for Av200) so i get more stable results in gusty conditions.

I just wanted to show that the Rsgs can be tuned so the resullts are not that bad. There are many important factors that CAN influence a smooth motion capture.Thats all.

But , imho , if you fly your copter aggressively (like soft 3d) or you have to deal with rough conditions, the av200/Rsgs isnt able to deal with the situation, no matter what your settings are.

Greetings from Austria

Steve

iceman

It looks more like AF hunting to me.