Photohigher skyline rsgs

dez

Pilot
I have one or 2 AV130's for sale. One needs a Savox servo.

This one comes with the stand as seen in pic. Its barely used. The reason is that I upgraded to a Zen, and am not planning on using these any longer. Works well.

One of the 2 comes with the RSGS, the other not.

So, the one in the photo, has the pots in, and comes with the stand, barely used, for $650 plus shipping.

The other one that needs the Servo has no stand, but has the RSGS. Not sure what I want for that. Let me know if anyone is interested.View attachment 13146View attachment 13147

Attachments

• DSC01676.jpg
    DSC01676.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 373
  • DSC01675.jpg
    DSC01675.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 392

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
I have one or 2 AV130's for sale. One needs a Savox servo.

This one comes with the stand as seen in pic. Its barely used. The reason is that I upgraded to a Zen, and am not planning on using these any longer. Works well.

One of the 2 comes with the RSGS, the other not.

So, the one in the photo, has the pots in, and comes with the stand, barely used, for $650 plus shipping.

The other one that needs the Servo has no stand, but has the RSGS. Not sure what I want for that. Let me know if anyone is interested.View attachment 16632View attachment 16633

Good luck, I think you're going to find you almost have to give them away these days. I posted one of my AV130 for sale a while back on several different forums and had zero interest at half the price you're asking. Servo driven gimbals are pretty much dead for all but still photography, especially if they're P/H it seems, everyone wants brushless and nothing to do with P/H after the RSGS fiasco.

Now if someone were to come up with a viable brushless conversion for the AV series, then they might become a sellable item again...

Ken

Gbillerty

Hi guys!

I've made many searches all around but have not find any post that would help me. I'm sure someone already had the same problem as me.

I had some free time to install the AV130 Gimbal on my Hexa yesterday but I'm having a trouble with the pan servo.

Description:

When I connect the Pan Servo, is automatically start to rotate all the time. It seems to draw power immediately after Skyline led turn solid green and keep rotate.

Maybe it a TX setup trouble?? But even with the TX powered off, the pan servo still rotate. I'm new to TX for camera control so any help would be appreciated
I'm using a DX6i TX

thanks

Gbillerty

It sounds like you're using pan stabilization. Turn off pan stab in the software - it's useless anyways.

I just checked in the Skyline Software and find no Pan Stabilization option to turn it off. In only have the reverse option check box How do you control the roll servo directly on RX and adjust TX settings?

I have Skyline software v2.2.0

tombrown1

My fault. It's not in the software. Don't connect the rsgs to the pan servo. Connect the servo directly to your rx.

Why do you want to control roll?

Gbillerty

... :nevreness: not roll, sorry I meant Pan. Tilt and Roll are good.

I will give it a try tonight. Thanks for your help tom, it's really appreciated.

tombrown1

No problem. Fwiw the rsgs is just about complete garbage. I've spent dozens of hours wrestling with it, and it's pretty bad. I do use it, but only on tilt, and only because my camera has superb tilt stab built in. If you have any money at all go get yourself a brushless gimbal.

Best,

Tom

Gbillerty

For now, I'm still fighting with Pan servo. I power the servo direct on RX, I used sub Trim but it still drift/glitch all the time. What you did to fix that Tom?

tombrown1

Not sure what's wrong at this point. As long as your rsgs is in no way connected to your pan servo, and you are running from rx straight to the pan servo - then it's just a matter of figuring out how to use your tx properly, or a bad servo.

Gbillerty

Right! I have not tried it but I've searched to learn more about TX and Servo. I suspect the Servo is bad but before, I will try reducing the throws on the stick where I configured the Pan function.

I look forward to test my Nex7 on this gimbal!

But it's annoying that when I connect the pan servo in the RSGS is only spins 360 non stop and I have no influence on it with the TX... But I will keep trying to make it work direct on TX

soundmind

Hey Guys,

Been working with photohigher on a Brushless conversion kit for the a v200 - Video Busy Uploading to youtube from this mornings quick test flight using a 10.5mm fisheye to get my frame into shot to give some kinda indication on attitude, the wind was also gusting something crazy needs a little more dialling in on the extremes of the roll but much better then the servo's could ever achieve IMHO - http://youtu.be/eAjLNogKMhc still uploading should be ready in about 2 hours.

retained the reduced drive system to mulitpy the power from smaller motors to keep the weight down. 3rd axis in process.

Gimbal is on loan to a film crew should have some red epic footage soon....;-)

Macsgrafs

Hey Guys,

Been working with photohigher on a Brushless conversion kit for the a v200 - Video Busy Uploading to youtube from this mornings quick test flight using a 10.5mm fisheye to get my frame into shot to give some kinda indication on attitude, the wind was also gusting something crazy needs a little more dialling in on the extremes of the roll but much better then the servo's could ever achieve IMHO - http://youtu.be/eAjLNogKMhc still uploading should be ready in about 2 hours.

retained the reduced drive system to mulitpy the power from smaller motors to keep the weight down. 3rd axis in process.

Gimbal is on loan to a film crew should have some red epic footage soon....;-)

I think it's to late for PH, they NEVER supported the people who pay their wages, namely US, the people of this forum. I certainly wouldn't have anything more to do with those cowboys..have already bought a new brushless gimbal with all 3 axis on 5208 motors & alexmoss controller for under $500.

Ross

Gbillerty

I agree with Macsgrafs but for the many of us using PH Gimbals, an upgrade kit to go brushless would be interesting no?

emailed PH several time to get help and guess what??? never replied! But the worst thing is their Skyline.

Take a moment and check their new Gimbal priced at $$ $$$!!!

Macsgrafs

I agree with Macsgrafs but for the many of us using PH Gimbals, an upgrade kit to go brushless would be interesting no?

emailed PH several time to get help and guess what??? never replied! But the worst thing is their Skyline.

Take a moment and check their new Gimbal priced at $$ $$$!!!

My advice is do NOT buy anything else from PH, if they have wiped their hands of us, the customers now...imagine if a brushless device doesn't work...going by their track record do you really think they will give a sh1t about you?!!!!!! The old saying holds true, "Once bitten, twice shy".

Ross

Gbillerty

I again agree. I think they have nothing to care about end users like me and you now! They carbon molded brushless gimbal is so pricey that it's easy to understand that they are focusing on an other level of customers.

I wish I should have found this forum before I bought this AV130 with RSGS. AV130 is not a bad design but the RSGS is a peice of nothing. I will try getting something out of this gimbal and will sure buy a brushless GImbal in the next months. Just waiting for the market to offer good tested products. I will not repeat the same mistake!

Gbillerty

Update: Fixed the Pan servo problem by playing with Trims/Sub Trims bu I have to adjust them each time I start the Gimbal.

Other problem... When I unscrewed the camera tray to try balancing my NEX7 and after I re-installed it i got some Incredible tilt shaking. This make the videos totally unusable.

I was not shaking this way before I disassembly the camera tray so I have probable done something wrong. I will update when I will fix it...

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Update: Fixed the Pan servo problem by playing with Trims/Sub Trims bu I have to adjust them each time I start the Gimbal.

Other problem... When I unscrewed the camera tray to try balancing my NEX7 and after I re-installed it i got some Incredible tilt shaking. This make the videos totally unusable.

I was not shaking this way before I disassembly the camera tray so I have probable done something wrong. I will update when I will fix it...

Welcome to the hugely frustrating world of RSGS ownership, fix one thing and another goes whacky. Get it working right for a flight or two and it goes into total instability the next time you try to use it, do a full setup AGAIN and get it to work for another flight or two, repeat as necessary...

FWIW, now that I have my 3D printer fully dialed in and a reasonable CAD program to use it with I'm going to revisit my AV130 and the potential for a brushless conversion. Should be fairly easy to do some design and testing with the 3D printer to make any adaptors for the motors or other bits that might be needed, any changes can be quickly done in CAD and then reprinted for further testing.

I have all the bits I need on hand, just need to dedicate some time to doing it. So far the couple videos I've seen of brushless conversions on the AV mounts have been little better than what I can get from the 130 + RSGS, if that turns out to be the case then it's either a matter of the firmware on the brushless controller needing specific tweaks or a complete redesign of how the motors drive the gimbal, either one of which is a show stopper for me but at least I'm going to give it a go before forever turning my pair of AV130 into paperweights.

Ken