Naza Trim Issue

Jake Bullit

Fly,crash,glue,repeat!
kloner,

I noticed that you are running LEDs and 4S batteries. Are the LEDs powered by the 4S? Are you using a voltage regulator to step down the 4S to 12v? If so, any details on the regulator would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Will

I run 12v leds off 4s too,never had a problem ,apart from having to wear my sunnies at night;)

kloner

Aerial DP
Wait till your graupners come in, it's night and day, whole different type of prop, fly like a dream

That snow looks cool slowed down. I forgot, were you gonna be setting this up fpv or just a cam to film your flights?

What did 1080 medium and narrow film like?

WillM

Thanks guys. I installed a couple of +12v strips this weekend, and just like you said, they worked fine with my 4S pack. The LEDs give a HUGE improvement to visibility and orientation. I was worried the LEDs might be too bright at night, but they aren't. I'd say they are about perfect. I went much higher and further than ever last night, and wouldn't be surprised if the cops got a bunch of calls about a UFO. ;)

FYI, John at AddictiveRC sells 24" LED strips in various colors. He has a new supplier and the price is less thank 1/2 of what is listed on his website. Final price was $9.55 for each 24" strip of LEDs, each strip also having a 6" pigtail. You place your order but don't pay. He sends you a final invoice that you pay from. I was quite happy to see the prices were much less than I expected.

I'm really enjoying this NAZA kit and its supportive community!

Cheers,

Will

kloner

Aerial DP
that's awesome, what colors where?

I was at our ama club this weekend and a guy was out there with a MK hex, it has a wrap of red lights on one arm around the motor and i swear that thing went a half mile away on gps and that red was unmistakable. Mine has white on the front white arms, and blue in the back. red on back on top, figured if i see that, it's over anyways. Wish i'd have used the red on bottom

mailman35

i had some posts of the 1080p narrow back on this thread or somewhere else, they didnt look bad with the cam under the body. and no fpv as of yet, still doing the whole learning to fly thing :p fpv comes later. but you have said that using hte gopro as an an fpv cam gives you a small pic( due to the outputted native res vs the lower vga native res of the goggles) so with that being said im looking at doing it with a small fpv cam when i get around do it, as i do not need 720/1080 for a downlink :p

(edit)
also the quad has been alot more stable (aside from trying to fly it in 15mph gusting winds yesterday) since i mounted the naza on the zeal tape. and got some better velcro( hook and loop) as well as the adjustable velcro straps for holding the battery in securely.

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
nice, nice.

The vga native is actually super beneficial to this thing, does two things. makes it super easy to see down even hovering cause it is showing the lower 1/4 of the picture the 720 bails making it wide screen. It also makes it so when your tilted forward in ff your not staring at the ground. I got a feeling 30mph in fpv is gonna feel really slow. I'll let ya now if it all works out that way shortly

this was 960-48 left native
notice you always see sky/ground

this is 960 cropped down to widescreen, notice how when it tilts forward to fly, the trees that i go by aren't visible thill i'm on em.

with the goggles screens a couple inches at mose, for all intensive purposes seems clear like hd. i was talking to somebody getting into it and they mentioned readymade was gonna be selling an hd goggle setup. i think i want to stick to the 4:3 for this thing. The 16:9 seems like would have to have head tracking to not run into stuff or even to overshoot stuff/landings

mailman35

yeah , i got a while till im to that point but i figure i want to stay in the 900mhz band.. and then there is fpv for the epp foam wings which adds a whole nother level of fun :p

also are you always flying with goggles?

WillM

that's awesome, what colors where?

Blue on the front arms, red on the rear.

My F450 is built with white arms in the front and red on the rear. Since the red arms are easier to see than the white, it messes with me a little bit, by my thought was that red = rear, just like brake lights.

Now that I've added the blue & red lights, it makes sense.

I have one LED strip (6 LEDs in length) on the bottom of each arm.

I have a long strip of blue LEDs following the perimeter of the front two motors from arm-to-arm. The LED strip starts at the outside perimeter of one motor then wraps all the way around the the outer perimeter of the other front motor.

Pretty much have the same thing on the rear but with red LEDs.

The sides are a bit darker than I thought they would be, but it seems to work well as I can see enough of blue & red on the front/rear arms while looking at the side of the F450. If anything, I might add a short strip of yellow or a different color on the sides. I don't want to get too carried away though, and I think it is best to have as much contrast as possible, and the current red/black does that well.

At 4S, the LEDs put out a good amount of illumination toward the ground too. Not only does it look cool, but it gives me a good sense of where the ground is at night.

I'll try to take some pics, but don't think the gopro can pull off great night shots.