FS700 shots

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
We dont have the camera insured yet so no heli shots. But I thought I would share some clips we took over the last few weekends. Mostly kitesurfing with our friends. My buddy is starting up Trickmob.com so we are using a lot of the footage to help kick the site off. The camera is so much fun to play with. next up, breaking glass/gunpowder, fog machines and slow motion pillow fight with torn down feather pillows and my hot wife/friends.

Last edited by a moderator:

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I am using the av200 with the XY8 config. But I will bump the motor up a notch from the 2814's when it happens. The weight with battery and a 50 prime was a little over 5 lbs. if I remember correctly.

PaNt

I am using the av200 with the XY8 config. But I will bump the motor up a notch from the 2814's when it happens. The weight with battery and a 50 prime was a little over 5 lbs. if I remember correctly.

Hmmm not that heavy but for sure you have to use a 6s setup for this cam..

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Why do you say that? I dont disagree but I'm curious what your reason is. The heli we used on Gymkhana was a massive 25lb hex running 12000 mah on 6s. but i would think a heli with an AUW of 15-16 lbs could be lifted by 4s on some 14" props just fine. I have to say I am still a little confused on how this all works as when you look at a motor spec sheet they list a small props for the high voltage. But the guys running the 6s setups are running larger props. Doesnt the ghier voltage spin a prop faster therefore you dont want a larger prop?

PaNt

Why do you say that? I dont disagree but I'm curious what your reason is. The heli we used on Gymkhana was a massive 25lb hex running 12000 mah on 6s. but i would think a heli with an AUW of 15-16 lbs could be lifted by 4s on some 14" props just fine. I have to say I am still a little confused on how this all works as when you look at a motor spec sheet they list a small props for the high voltage. But the guys running the 6s setups are running larger props. Doesnt the ghier voltage spin a prop faster therefore you dont want a larger prop?

Ι am talking for MR .. The biggest mistake i did was the 710 motors i put... Thr best is a 6s setup because its more efficient
setup.. Cooler less amps better flight times..!!

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke

Closer to 6lbs. I was due to flight test one this afternoon to get gimbal balance etc. set up ready for a shoot on the weekend but it was just plain too heavy for an AD-8/AV200-360 setup - even when the Zeiss 18mm was swapped for the NEX 18-55mm. We're swapping it for an FS100 which knocks 600g off the weight. Testing it tomorrow. Hope it works, otherwise we're screwed for the Sunday shoot.

hmmm, make note for shopping list ... SkyJib.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Yeah, i forgot about the efficiency and heat factor. That is big. I could probably still use my 40 amp esc's on 6s with the larger motors. there is certainly no issue with actually lifting the camera at all. It will lift twice that. But the whole idea is to have the heli fly comfortably at 60-70% throttle without over working it. but i fly for short periods at a time. Take it up for a minute or two come down. Also nice to check the shots. Its all manual focus without the Emount lenses and the buffer constantly runs in the camera. So a servo would have to be hooked up to hit the switch. And then it takes about 30 seconds or so to process the shot onto the SD card. So short flights are the only way really. but for the kind of shots that you would do a flying slow motion shot with are very quick movements anyways. I.E. the copterkids MX jump. Just get it up with some fast movement and come down.

PaNt

Yeah, i forgot about the efficiency and heat factor. That is big. I could probably still use my 40 amp esc's on 6s with the larger motors. there is certainly no issue with actually lifting the camera at all. It will lift twice that. But the whole idea is to have the heli fly comfortably at 60-70% throttle without over working it. but i fly for short periods at a time. Take it up for a minute or two come down. Also nice to check the shots. Its all manual focus without the Emount lenses and the buffer constantly runs in the camera. So a servo would have to be hooked up to hit the switch. And then it takes about 30 seconds or so to process the shot onto the SD card. So short flights are the only way really. but for the kind of shots that you would do a flying slow motion shot with are very quick movements anyways. I.E. the copterkids MX jump. Just get it up with some fast movement and come down.

Yeap exactly.. i think that if you have this camera then its not something difficult to buy 8 tiger motors and some 6s lipos..!

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
No tigers if i do it its AXI. Yeah, I agree and I will as soon as i get a paying gig that uses it. It does get nerve racking with all that money fighting gravity.

PaNt

No tigers if i do it its AXI. Yeah, I agree and I will as soon as i get a paying gig that uses it. It does get nerve racking with all that money fighting gravity.

If you have not try them pls try them and then tell me... They are great motors.. GREAT>>!

do AXI make low KV (400) motors for multicopter? The only one I see is the 41xx which weighs 320g. Overkill?
The MT 3515's (188g) have almost double the IR of a similarly sized axi. How much will this harm efficiency?

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I am using tigers now and they are fine. but they are still chinese and that equates to higher failure rate in my mind. Yeah, i dont know how the 2826/12 works at 710kv but I would imagine with the right props it should be just fine. They dont say they take more than 5s though. Seems like everyone is going the way of low kv pancake motors and large props these days.

PaNt

I am using tigers now and they are fine. but they are still chinese and that equates to higher failure rate in my mind. Yeah, i dont know how the 2826/12 works at 710kv but I would imagine with the right props it should be just fine. They dont say they take more than 5s though. Seems like everyone is going the way of low kv pancake motors and large props these days.

Lol everything is chinese..! Axis and tigers are same motors!!

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Axis and tigers are definitely not the same motors. I know there are 4 or 5 other names that are using them but these are no where near identical to a T-motor. They are supposed to be made in the Czech republic.

PaNt

Axis and tigers are definitely not the same motors. I know there are 4 or 5 other names that are using them but these are no where near identical to a T-motor. They are supposed to be made in the Czech republic.
ok.... but i am telling you again these are same motors from one company..from same factory!!