Hello from Aspen, CO

BravoGolf

Navigator
Hello Gents, been lurking for awhile and finally getting around to building my first multirotor! So much info to sift through and process.

hjls3

Welcome...seems to be a bunch of us Colorado folks flying multi-rotors. Im in your neck of the woods, at least twice a winter ski racing with the kiddos. Perhaps we get together and fly this winter. Whatcha flying or thinking about flying?

Tomstoy2

Pretty much same with me. I get to the Frying pan as often as I can. Flying up there would be a blast!

Flight controller is everything. Concentrate your funds primarily on that.

BravoGolf

Navigator
Thanks for the welcome guys

I'm mostly fly fixed wing and this will be my first foray into multi's. I've been reading up on it for nearly two years now and I'm finally in a position to move forward with it.

I pretty much designed my own hexa, I have a background in composites and have access to a cnc shop here in the roaring fork valley; however my first operational frame will be what I call a disposable frame. The ATG 750 X6. Quite honestly I'm ok with this frame and would rather go through the learning process with it than my own custom frame which takes considerably more time, effort, energy and money to produce. My own custom frame would undoubtedly be more satisfying but doesn't make sense at this stage of the game.

Now that the FAA is really starting to tighten the noose around commercial rcap, I'm leaning towards a recreational small footprint fpv quad. Something in the flavor of a TBS or Hoverthings style frame.

I have a full fpv set up I'm working through the kinks out with my fixed wing. Seems like quite a lot of guys from Colorado into the FPV as well.

As far as FC's go I have both a brand new OPCC board I've never used (collecting dust) and just recently ordered a naza-m +gps. I picked up the naza-m for several reasons, primarily because I don't really feel like starting out by mucking about with setting up a board (not referring to the op cc, but the myriad of other boards out there now). There will be plenty of time for that later. Would like the wkm but can't really justify the expense for now. Seems like from what I have read is that the naza is the path of least resistance.

Thanks for the advice guys. Looks like you both have nice rigs.

I Would love it if anyone who was coming to the area got in touch, would love to go flying.

BG

Last edited by a moderator: