Serious Yaw problem

I have been flying DJI WKM and Naza for a year, all seems ok...excellent on the gps thingy.

But both my set got serious YAW problem, my naza( quad) and Octo (WK-M) have stability issues when i do a Yaw command on my rudder stick, both will jump up and wobble, causing the need for me to regain control by pitch and roll sticks command.

I dont think i have hardware failure, and i have been trying different atti values from 150 down to 60, and the same issue still exists.

Is it a software bugs? Anyone share same problem out there ?

animau

for me it was a lipo issue... i was on 3s and when i switch to 4s everything was smooth! And maybe it your discharge rate to...go to 40c
I have a f550 i don't about you

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
what firmware? i had this problem as well on 5.06. It seems to have subsided on the newer firmwares. But it was tricky as too high a gain made the yaw twitch from being too sensitive and too low it would just erratically yaw up to 90deg.

DLien

I saw this and discovered that my GPS/Compass was rotating on its mount during flight.

Personally, I am not a fan of mounting that component on the end of stick. I don’t think it is very secure nor is it very crash worthy.
A new GPS \Compass will run you $240.

Been there, done that, not going to do it again…

Last edited by a moderator:

sim_io

It could be that you have a blade backwards or a motor spinning in the wrong direction, the naza and wkm are very clever at masking these effects out.

Checked that ! The GPS module was epoxied to the shaft on both ends.

Also check that the direction of the motor and prop's direction, all as per DJI's manual.

Can any kind soul out there, pls do a full yaw stick command on your TX and see how your craft behavior.