FS700 shots

cs8

I'm also planning to fly my fs700. I would like to build my own setup. I was thinking to use 8 motors from dji s800 on 6S. Do you think they can handle fs700 and have some decent flight time?

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Helirazor, if Ben just said he flew with 5lbs for 14 minutes, doesnt that make it possible? :) That is impressive though. I fly for 6 minutes with my nex5n on my octo/av200/360 and 8000mah. I could go longer but I always play it safe. If i was to fly our FS700 or anything of substantial value I would still rather fly for 3-5 minutes at a time. I'd be landing and checking temps constantly. Plus the Fs700 is most likely being used for it's slow motion capabilities which means you can only get a few seconds of real time footage anyways once you hit the button. It then has to process it which can take about 30 seconds. So it really doesnt make sense to fly it for long periods. But maybe the LANC is able to do multiple records remotely.

Continuing to move forward with flying this camera... We got the gimbal stretch finished, so we'll be able to handle the longer camera. The reason I went for the long flight time is for the shoot we've got lined up - it will make life easier with the unpredictable subject matter. Hope to share the highlight video in 2 weeks if the client allows it. It's for a national commercial, so it may have to stay under wraps until the ad airs. We'll see...

Helirazor

Yeah you are right Irisaerial, we get 4mins with our FS700 max and you are right with the slomo shots is only 9sec thats all you need. I'm just on that never ending quest to get more flight time:tennis:.
Just done a test flight with our new SJ8 the foldable version, with about 4kgs under it (which I must say much easier to work on).
Can't wait to get the FS700 under it.

Helirazor

Yeah the very first. We are working with Droidworx testing the new SJ8, very exciting product. It'll be put to work this weekend chasing drift cars.
I'll post the build soon.

Cheers

Helirazor

Continuing to move forward with flying this camera... We got the gimbal stretch finished, so we'll be able to handle the longer camera. The reason I went for the long flight time is for the shoot we've got lined up - it will make life easier with the unpredictable subject matter. Hope to share the highlight video in 2 weeks if the client allows it. It's for a national commercial, so it may have to stay under wraps until the ad airs. We'll see...

How did you stretch the gimble?

SMP

Yes that was 240@1080. It's good for human movement but not enough for projectile or fracturing shots. 480@720 is pretty good though. 960 is unfortunately not useable unless it was for analyzing something. Although one could maybe get away with a picture in picture shot. And it eats time like crazy! We dropped a wine glass at 960 and it took 12 minutes on the Sd card file just to get to the point we started to drop it. Nuts.

Aye, welcome to the 12 second 3.5 gb clip world... We've been trying run the numbers on a 3D Phantom Rig for an upcoming gig and the weight is just brutal, the file size, not the cameras!!

Anyways, nice snaps!

Attachments

• 201079_168634873260379_1568888400_o.jpg
    201079_168634873260379_1568888400_o.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 341

kloner

Aerial DP
your on fire..... the ropin was cool, what was the one shot that looked like bison? it went by fast, but looked 3d?

kloner

Aerial DP
is the kayak from that clip you pulled the other day? your really good at getting that rock, tree, whatever to blaze through the shot like that. You got an eye and a set of fingers.