F450 Battery

mailman35

i snapped an arm at the motor mount last weekend after a power failure and a drop from ~15ft up on to frozen ground. no forward momentum just hovering then it bricked

aWanderer

Ouch! Do you think the freezing cold had to do with the arm breaking? I bet it did. The frame is probably more resilient in the warm weather, like where it is from :)

Ouch! Do you think the freezing cold had to do with the arm breaking? I bet it did. The frame is probably more resilient in the warm weather, like where it is from :)

I can attest to the cold being part of breaking arms...I shattered 3 sunday morning...but mine also hit asphalt and a good bit of speed lol

Dune

Dude...buy extra props now. If you are anything like me, you will break a lot of props learning to fly. Get a whole set of apc's and get like 2 pairs of extras too.

mailman35

ive had great response from hobby-drones.com quick shipping too :p

im lookin to upgrade my battery now to see what i can get for performance from the 4s, looking at a 3000mah 4s 20c turingy

skipper1

Thanks for the heads up on the props. I will definitely be getting some spares soon.

I made the mistake of ordering 4s 3000mah 20c Turnigy from Hobbyking, 2 weeks ago and they're still not here. I ordered from the U.S. warehouse, is this U.S. warehouse in China? Anyway, I would rather spend a few bucks more and get them in a few days.

I've had my F450 since last Friday but since I didn't know they don't come with a battery lead, I've had to order the stuff to make my own. It's supposed to come together this Friday. I'm telling you this because I'll probably run into some problems and will start asking a bunch of stupid questions. Be ready.

mailman35

did you get any tracking info?
and yeah making cables is part of the hobby :p

im waiting on a better soldering station to come for holding the wires and stuff.

kloner

Aerial DP
if no notification, login to your account there, hit order history and it'll say whats up. to get CS there, use there chat line, at least somebodies there. I order 6 40c 4s turnigy batteries 2 weeks ago and they were here a weeke ago, same warehouse.

skipper1

Yes I did, they'll be here Friday. It's all a little frustrating. So far all I've done is spend money.

I work in radio and am around engineers all the time, they recommended I get the Weller WLC100 40 watt soldering station. It's pretty nice, has everything you need in one package. You can get those on Amazon for $40.00

Thanks for the heads up on the props. I will definitely be getting some spares soon.

I made the mistake of ordering 4s 3000mah 20c Turnigy from Hobbyking, 2 weeks ago and they're still not here. I ordered from the U.S. warehouse, is this U.S. warehouse in China? Anyway, I would rather spend a few bucks more and get them in a few days.

I've had my F450 since last Friday but since I didn't know they don't come with a battery lead, I've had to order the stuff to make my own. It's supposed to come together this Friday. I'm telling you this because I'll probably run into some problems and will start asking a bunch of stupid questions. Be ready.

I had this same experience...Paid with paypal but for some odd reason it paid with an ECHECK?!?! I was furious, never had this happen before, it took over a week for this thing to clear then the shipping was fairly quick. Their customer service claimed there was nothing they could do to reverse the transaction so I could pay with a credit card or something else to get them shipped quicker...I believe that was all BS but who knows...

See if your transaction is pending if you paid with paypal would be my guess...good luck!

RC hobby helicopter has a whole bunch of DJI spare parts, including props: http://www.rchobbyhelicopter.com/store52/agora.cgi?product=DJI_Innovations

I just got some APC's in the mail, haven't tried them yet but I know a lot of people on here like them. They're only like a buck more per pair. If you get APC's though make sure you buy SF props and get both regulars and pushers. http://www.apcprop.com.

Dune, do you have the DJI motors? I was curious what you do about the flat spot on the motors with those props? I've been searching the forum here and can't find anything about it.

skipper1

Oh, here we go. The transaction went through the same day I placed the order, with a credit card. I kept checking their website and it said they were putting the order together. How long does it take to walk down isle 6 and put 5 batteries in a sack and slap some postage on it?

I'm sure they're a fine, fine company. They're just not fine enough for me to do business with again.

Oh, here we go. The transaction went through the same day I placed the order, with a credit card. I kept checking their website and it said they were putting the order together. How long does it take to walk down isle 6 and put 5 batteries in a sack and slap some postage on it?

I'm sure they're a fine, fine company. They're just not fine enough for me to do business with again.

That is unfortunate. I don't blame you, I feel the same way after my experience.

kloner

Aerial DP
All the discount spots suck like this. hobbypartz has gens ace, there a little better but if you have a problem, it's a headache after another.

the alternative is to buck up and order brand name. problem i've had with that is so few people do that the inventory is usually junk when you get it from sitting around so long. It's part of the hobby to be out in front of what all you need or pay the price with waiting, and waiting

progressiveRC has probably the best cs in the power supply industry that' ive come across, they got a really nice line of lipos from what i hear, spyder i think.

http://www.progressiverc.com/lipo-batteries/batteries

these are good
http://www.hobbypartz.com/gensacelipo.html

i'd personally swing away from sky lipo and blue lipo from them, they seem to loose the ir really fast compareably

mailman35

yeah i got a thunder power 35c 2700mah that seems to of gone to crap , the quad seems to loose alot of its thrust really short in to the flight when compared to the cheaper turingy's that i have...

need to put in an rma request for it.