F450 Battery

mailman35

im still trying to find a better battery strap too. looked locally and have had no real luck. :O i can only find ones that are way to big 12in instead of 6 or so.

skipper1

I did a double check one price for US store another price from other store. Do you think the 4S 3000mah will serve me well?

mailman35

it should from what ive read the 4s's are more effecent. so longer flight times. im still trying to get the hang of the right amount of expo when flying. i can fly in atti but i fail in manual oh well it goes with the whole learning thing :p

skipper1

I drove a 91 Honda Accord 5 speed manual for 15 years in Dallas traffic, constantly shifting gears. Recently, I got a Honda Fit automatic. I LOVE driving an automatic. I think the same would apply to flying.

Can it fly fast and do all the things you like doing in atti?

Oh, thanks for your help on these batteries. It's not supposed to be this difficult. I think I'll get 5 of em.

Last edited by a moderator:

WillM

While I strongly disagree with your transmission choice, I hope this helps. :)

I build a NAZA/F450 kit over the weekend. Bought and charged my first battery, which is 4S 3300mAh.

I get about 20 minutes. After an hour of flight time (3 charges), my impression is that the battery is a good fit. The battery (Hyperion) weighs 375 grams. I'm currently using the 8" props and haven't tried the 10" yet.

Cheers,

Will

skipper1

It's OK to disagree, it's one of the things that makes America the greatest place on earth.

I really appreciate all the input on batteries. I think I'll be happy with my 4S 3000mah 20c's. I decided to get 5.

Mailman, I don't know if you've seen it but the Flame Wheel F330 kit has been released. 4 or 3S batteries however, it's only $20 cheaper than the 450. I would have thought it would be at least $75.00 to $100 cheaper.

I would love to get my hands on one of these little nano quads that you see these guys building. Sure wish I had the talent to do something like that. I'd love to have one of those quads that's in the video flying in formation. Doesn't get much cooler than that.

kloner

Aerial DP
I'm flying the 4c 3000mah 40c the last couple days. i like the fat wires and lower internal resistance they have in the higher c rating and it's not much more. These are the exact same size as skylipo 30c 3s 4400 mah. It's flying with gopro, fpv tx, eagle tree osd/logger/gps and is flying 10 minutes, burns around 2300 mah.

Awesome power, i run 4s and the 10x5 and have no heat, lots of power and am having a blast. 270ish flights now in a month. can't leave the little thing alone

skipper1

That is very interesting. It's just a matter of time til we see smaller quads.

I was looking at the F330 and it has the same hardware as the F450. I think that would make that thing a very fast & powerful quad. I'll be keeping an eye on this for sure.

aWanderer

mailman35

i got a set of the 500 landing skids, they work good but they wont take a gopro mount under the frame, so i dunno what to do to get more clearance. i just got done building a parallel cable so i can run 2 bats at the same time, the extra weight seems to help in the stability dept so far.

aWanderer

Hmm... well, I want to do it to get the battery off the top. Then I can put the GoPro up there, as well as the FPV camera.. or at least that is the current thought anyway. Maybe with some 90-size Align skids, the cam would mount underneath... hmm...

kloner

Aerial DP
i had 90 size skids and they were really big but not tall enough to hang a camera under. why not get a set of legs from yuri? I found leaving my battery up top and hanging the camera off the bottom worked best. makes a constant negative g on the camera

edit: the align skids have 2.25" clearance under them, thunder tiger 60 skids got 2.75" and there considered "lifted" both are bulky and heavy and the only way to mount was off the flimsiest part of the frame. Tried it for a day

Last edited by a moderator:

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
A big perk to 4s is it spins the props faster making it more likely to get rid of vibrations that show on the gopro. Or was this mentioned already? I'm waiting to try the graupner 9x5's on 4s.

aWanderer

i had 90 size skids and they were really big but not tall enough to hang a camera under. why not get a set of legs from yuri? I found leaving my battery up top and hanging the camera off the bottom worked best. makes a constant negative g on the camera

edit: the align skids have 2.25" clearance under them, thunder tiger 60 skids got 2.75" and there considered "lifted" both are bulky and heavy and the only way to mount was off the flimsiest part of the frame. Tried it for a day

I would love to get the legs from yuri, but he only takes PayPal and I can't do PayPal. Well, maybe I will make some legs from CF vert. stabalizers off a 450 heli or something then. I agree thou, I do believe the camera would do much better on the bottom.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I have to say my legs are pretty damn strong. I cant claim they will hold to a 30 story drop like DJI shows in their video but I hit grass full throttle and nothing broke but a prop. The arms on the F450 are so flexible they take a fair amount of the shock.

As for Paypal, I just want to keep it simple as possible. If you can recommend another easy method to send payment I am all ears. but bank transfers make me nervous for some reason.

aWanderer

I don't doubt your leg extensions at all. i just can NOT do PayPal at all and hove no other solutions other than what i mentioned. No problem though, I will find some other solution to extend them.