Aeronavics / Droidworx Droiderbuilt SkyJib Lite 4x

power = volts x amps and the 5s is more volts. As long the motors etc can take it and the extra weight isn't significant that equates to more flight time. Is it as simple as that?

Dave, in the set up of your X4 lite, have you tweaked the speed of the lower motors up a little bit? Also have you tried props with a different pitch, again on the lower motors?

crcr

So, why does the 5S increase flight time from the 4S?

The idea is to decrease amp draw. So if you change nothing but the battery your props will spin faster and probably increase amp draw. Going higher up in cell count means you would need to decrease your prop size to keep the amp draw down.

I think from memory Dave was using 14" props at the start with 4S and is now using 13" props on 5S?

Increasing flight time is a balancing act as by using bigger batteries you are also adding more weight which can offset some of the benefit of the bigger battery.

Craig

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Steve.. sorry for the delay in replying.. I have do neither. I run same size props top and bottom. I have tried all kinds of combos but in the end I just keep it simple same up and down on this baby and the ADX3.

It just works with the WKM. If it was MK then there are different settings that are in the mixer table, with the WKM you cant se the settings so its hard to know what they do in any of the configs DJI have for Coax.

Not sure how to use their custom mixer and really dont want to be bothered with it but if anyone has a custom mix on their WKM coax I would always be interested in their findings / settings

Dave

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I think from memory Dave was using 14" props at the start with 4S and is now using 13" props on 5S?

Correct. Seems to be a good combo. I see Koterworx has pushed the boat out with a X4 with some pretty impressive flight times. Thats bloody marvolous IF you want the stress of flying a RED for 20 mins!

IMO its best to give the DOP a 6 to 8 min timeframe MAX. I like spinning smaller props in the UK for the wind, I think they are using 15" on 6 cell low KV motors but I want to fly in the wind and work. Their ship may be OK but with 15" props its got to be affected by wind more than mine with the same TOW.

DAve

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
So been chucking the bigUn around today and tuning copter and RSGS.. mmmm wish I had recorded the sound of them Xoar carbons as I got this shot!

attachment.php

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Forgot to say it was in a full stick right hand dive with a 8KG machine.. She performs amazingley well for her size. A few more flights and Ill have to confidence with her as I have my ADX3HL.. Absolutly bloody AWSOME power!

Bluerex

I was thinking I could do with DJI to give us a programmable pitch/roll angle but looking at this I am not sure I want much more!
Don't distract them! I really want the iPhone/iPad config App to be released - no more props-off, swear at windows laptop, tune, props-on, test, repeat....

View attachment 9358

Attachments

• IMG_1030.jpg
    IMG_1030.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 248
Last edited by a moderator:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Filmed this a few weeks ago but other things seemed to take over my life..

Thanks to Geoff at quadcopters.co.uk for taking the time to film me big beautiful bird!

Last edited by a moderator:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Bloody youtube! BOLLOCKS!

Dont understand policies that promote music being blocked but hayho.. it was only a bit of a noise by Gorilaz! I think they are stripping the video of the track but in the meantime I have started another upload with some wind noise on it.. guess they may be blocked as apple may have some encoding in the bloody effect that says it only playable on a mac!

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
is there anything off yours? curious to see the x8 wk onboard

Sorry.. it was only going to be a test flight but we got a bit carried away coz a big yellow ball came out in the sky and we did not know what it was!..

Hopefully this weekend I will be doing some testing with the new RSGS 1.7 firmware and the 550D.

Dave