Aeronavics / Droidworx Droiderbuilt SkyJib Lite 4x

Bluerex

Hey Dave, just playing with the 5S 8000mAh Nanos - got great flight time BUT motors seemed a bit warm after 10 mins continuous flight... You said yours were "cool as a cucumber" ... am I approaching overload with these monster batteries (900 gram each FGS*)

C

* For Goodness Sake :)

crcr

Hey Guys

Where is the best place to put the RC receiver on a droidworx frame. I was going to stick it on the back with the antennas sticking out the back but I'm just curious about all the carbon around. I'm using Futaba S-Bus.

Thanks

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Aye Up CRCR. I use Spektum so I have three, One front, one back and one under the dome

Not sure about if Futaba has satellite receivers.

crcr

umm, As for as I know Futaba doesn't have satellite receivers, so maybe I should put the receiver under the bottom center plate? This probably has the best view of the ground?

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Ok been rammed this weekend with messages.. Did you get the one I just sent about your arms?

Dave

I was just gona say:

Im using YS-X6.

Yea its pretty massive at the moment. I do like its presence somewhat.
Il only be flying up to a 5d for the foreseeable future.
Im using Herkuels V3, xoar 15".

Do you bench test prop combos to find the best ones?

Cheers Ryan

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Do you bench test prop combos to find the best ones?

Nope. Fly um but pretty happy with the Xoar Carbons. I did try a few others but these beauties just work..

I may try the wooden ones and keep a set as spares just incase.

Dave

I was looking on the Droidworx site, it mentioned it could fit 15" props, but in the images of yours with 14" props it looked like there was plenty of room and could possibly fit up to 16" props? Do you think its possible?

Ryan

ZAxis

It just a small black ABS box. A company called Hammond make them and can be obtained in the UK from RS components or Farnell. Maplin also have a range.

Elsewhere I'd hope local electronics suppliers are a source.

I've always used the 1551 series plastic boxes. See http://www.hammondmfg.com/dwg9.htm. You can get them in black or transparent blue in many sizes.

andy

Last edited by a moderator:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
As usual the font of all knowledge in electronics Zaxis (Andy) comes up trumps with a far bigger selection than Maplin have. If you do have a local Maplin they do have quite a range in black or grey. They have smaller ones but not on in shop shelves you have to ask by part number.

Dave

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I was looking on the Droidworx site, it mentioned it could fit 15" props, but in the images of yours with 14" props it looked like there was plenty of room and could possibly fit up to 16" props? Do you think its possible?

Ryan

Not sure why you would want 16" props. There again I dont know the Y6 FC and how it handles bigger props.

Dave

Just something to test, longer flight times and all of that. Im still unsure if YS would work well with 16" props or not. But it was just a thought.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Been testing and I am getting a safe 8 mins with 2.2 KG camera payload with 2 x 8000mah 5 cell batts. 9mins 45 secs till I have to get her down with alarms set at 3.3 per cell

Dave

roryhinds

I have a SkyJib 8 v2 could someone please help me.

I am getting really low flight times and am trying to figure out why.

My spec:
SkyJib 8 v2 = 7kg (no camera loaded)
AXI 2826/12 motors
2 x Nano Tech 8000mah 25-50C 5S Batteries
15x4 Carbon Fibre Props
MayTech 65A ESC's
DJI Wookong M

I get around 7 minutes flight time.
I tested with 4kg load (which is what my EPIC and AV200 would weigh) and got 2 minutes flight time.

What am I doing wrong?
Should I be using different batteries?
Different props?

roryhinds

I never had much luck with the ecalc.
Just keeps coming up red, so I must have the wrong numbers in the wrong places for it to freak out.
Not sure if it likes AXI 2826/12 motors on the ecalc.

As to the props. They don't seem too large. When I land my motors, esc and batteries are cool, not hot at all. Well a little warm but nothing to indicate anythings wrong. The batteries have never puffed either.