LCD TV Support tripod

Zzr

Anyone know what kind of LCD about 8 to 10" good quality for support the tripod. looks like as Foxtech M800 8" monitor but too expensive and shipping.
no blue or black show static.
Thanks in advance!

kloner

Aerial DP
love my foxtech.... everything you see me fly is on a 7" on a nice tall tripod so i can put my face right up to it and see

gonna grab another soon just for a backup

Zzr

Thanks What is different with 7" or 8". Does any vendors sell for Foxtech in USA?
love my foxtech.... everything you see me fly is on a 7" on a nice tall tripod so i can put my face right up to it and see

gonna grab another soon just for a backup

Zzr

Thanks! I already ordered foxtech monitor 8" can support my tripod. Last week I got DJI Downlink video. Will it work with FPV Goggles 5.8 ghz?
http://www.foxtechfpv.com/allinone-fpv-goggles-matte-black-with-new-shade-p-258.html
I'm in the market for a monitor too. I've been considering the foxtech monitors and also Lilliput seems to have some monitors that would work for FPV
http://lilliputweb.net/index.php?Controller=User_Product&action=ShowProduct&product_id=78

Haven't decided yet

kloner

Aerial DP
it will work wired off a dji vrx, but not wirelessly. Fatshark is Airwave based, the others are something else. you need a receiver for the monitor anyways, you'd just plug into that the same time or one or the other,,,,

those lilliput are almost double what the foxtech is. I think this is what iris has and he had nothing but dropouts cause it didn't have a true no blue screen firmware. mine goes to black with various static when you turn off the video tx after it's been on little grey squiggles rolling across the screen. Those get a weak signal it blacks out. not always important if you get range, but someday it's gonna leave you in a peculiar position

i stand out in the open sun area and can totaly see everything on the foxtech, only wish i had the 8" instead of 7"

it will work wired off a dji vrx, but not wirelessly. Fatshark is Airwave based, the others are something else. you need a receiver for the monitor anyways, you'd just plug into that the same time or one or the other,,,,

those lilliput are almost double what the foxtech is. I think this is what iris has and he had nothing but dropouts cause it didn't have a true no blue screen firmware. mine goes to black with various static when you turn off the video tx after it's been on little grey squiggles rolling across the screen. Those get a weak signal it blacks out. not always important if you get range, but someday it's gonna leave you in a peculiar position

i stand out in the open sun area and can totaly see everything on the foxtech, only wish i had the 8" instead of 7"

Thanks for the tip.. Why do you wish you had the 8", just because it's a little bigger? I was thinking I'd get the 7" and somehow mount it to my specktrum controller and make it all one handheld unit.

kloner

Aerial DP
yea,,, i'm 43 and my eyes suck now..... With mine, i've got it up on a tripod so i can put my face right in it...... any further than that and details are hard to make out, for me anyways..... Full sun, can even make it all out with polarized glasses on

Attachments

• SnapShot (1024x576).jpg
    SnapShot (1024x576).jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 325

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
Thanks for the tip.. Why do you wish you had the 8", just because it's a little bigger? I was thinking I'd get the 7" and somehow mount it to my specktrum controller and make it all one handheld unit.

Yeah, because 8 = 7++

;)

Anybody seen the 10" 1000cd/m2 screens they are advertising at Goodluckbuy? Seems interesting, but I'm not gonna be the guinea pig! :)

jetjock51

Ahh, the luxury of being young and having good eyesight! I couldn't manage with a small monitor like you guys. I have almost two decades on Kloner so I must have a big screen. I ordered a Haier 15" and received a Haier 13" by mistake so I am going with it. It seems the Haier has the same characteristics as the Foxtech, although I have not seen a Foxtech yet. When signal gets weak, squiggly lines and static appear then ultimately it goes to black screen. I have not flown with it yet, but is this what you mean by getting a monitor that does not go to blue screen? I understand blue screen and have seen it, but is the static, wavy lines, then black screen what happens when you go out of range when you have the proper monitor? I read a lot about the "blue screen of death" and was just wondering how a proper monitor responds. Is there a monitor that fades to snow and never goes to black?

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
Yes, that is exactly what the Foxtech does. It will go all the way to snow.

So the test is, if you get to black screen, but then get a marginal signal back, will it show the picture again, or will it stick on black screen until a strong signal comes? That is the question.

kloner

Aerial DP
any modern digital tv will do the black screen. Foxtech never does. Even when i turn everything off but the foxtech and rx, it's all snow like back in the day...... they have to do it in the firmware and most people don't like that sound when theres no feed, especially in a car type monitor