DJI Zenmuse gimbal and S800 Spreading Wings preorder

llbr22

I have never seen a video come out DJI that took any more skill than a buddy holding a camcorder, or even if on camera, that is of any production quality at all. That actually goes for most manufacturers right now. In fact it's pretty ironic how so many of us want to be in production by flying or creating flying machines and camera gimbals, but have no talent when it comes to shooting or post production. Don't Manufactures see the ROI in outputting quality video? Including some behind the scenes of how a product works? .. ok rant over. (and I do know some people appreciate that kind of marketing and are willing to pay for it.. so that doesn't go for everyone).

But that being said, I've been very happy with my WKM Hex and I do have high hopes that this combo is a good integrated package that will hopefully only require firmware updates to tune... I hope.

And at a pre-order price of $3-5k depending on the package, I don't think the pricing is that far off (some will argue of course) from other turn-key ARF systems at this point.

JDM66

I seriously can't understand why anyone would pre-order something that is so expensive that they don't know anything about? Seriously, it baffles my mind. It's 100% vaporware at this point!

I don't mean to talk bad about anyone, but I'm really curious about why you would do such a thing? Please tell me what the selling point was for you? For all you know, this product could come out and be completely useless. I don't personally think that will be the case, but tell me what has assured you that it won't be.

I really hope I'm wrong, but I seriously doubt it.

Hi,

question: :tennis:

if you had 1040 dollars to spend what kind of machine you will buy (frame, motor, controller, propeller and landing gear) ?

jdm66

My take is... Its not a professional quality HL camera rig, im seein it as a big *** hexa ARF, just what i want to cart around my gopro or wifes dslr... The F550 doesnt handle the dslr weight including gimbal well. Tha fact i can break it down and toss it in my back pack in a fee minites is sweet, for my needs/wants it awesome.... Hope i dont crash hahaha

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk

Kilby

Hi,

question: :tennis:

if you had 1040 dollars to spend what kind of machine you will buy (frame, motor, controller, propeller and landing gear) ?

jdm66

One that I actually knew the specs on, to start with.

Well the gimbal empty for Nex5 weights 1.5 kilos, for Nex7 1.7 kilo. The Nex series needs an HDMI decoder for signal out so to use the output you would need to find a way to mount the converter on the gimbal. Ah also since its a 360 gimbal you would need to mount the transmiter and a lipo on the gimbal as well. That would bring the gimbal close to 2 kilos range and make it look like DYI.
Explain to me how this took more than six months to design? Unless they are aiming the really religious amongst us that faith will get them the shot they want.
Now if the gimbal came with a small hdmi converter and transmitter power supply that would make it worth the money.

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Now if the gimbal came with a small hdmi converter and transmitter power supply that would make it worth the money.

wasnt there some remote announced with an HD feed etc. what was it called again ruling which will need some TX HD video ? :)

stop guys you are really misbehaving and thinking too far ahead, you are asking for too much info on a product one can only pre-order at the moment lol :)

JDM66

Hi Boris,

We are working on some new detailed information now, please follow our product website,
we update it every 3 or 4 days. We will start to put some new videos.

What i can say now is that, flying performance is no longer big issue, we are working on some production details. And we spend more time on Gimbal user expierence, interface and extra features after we receive more feedback from testers. S800 seems more likely to be finished and ready to ship.

People also enjoy discounts when they pay the money for not fully information released product.
It is so far fair and we will make them feel it is worthy to wait.

Actually i would understand the situation like this. People who still do not trust DJI as much as i pay big money first and wait without enough information until 1 month later, i might gamble with my luck. But after this time comparing what DJI promised and what DJI deliver, people will be more easier to make their decision in next round preorder programs for Ruling and other DJI new products.
From that perspective, DJI is also gambling their name in the market. The truth is we always won and will continue that.

Even the problems for other multi-rotor manufacturers are exactly the same to DJI, people are still paying money to show their confidence to support DJI.

You choose to wait in preorder programs, but you will seriously consider before the deadline of WKM user discounts. The policy is not only designed for preorder buyers, its even more intensively designed for you guys. And, the timing is perfect.

Boris, you will like the product.

Swift

Hello Swift,

I use your WKM and I am very satisfied. :tennis:

I believe in your products and that is why I have ordered the S800 on March 12.

On your website you say that maximun 24 hours after ordering your company recontacted us for order details

I made you pre-order the S800 by email twice (monday 12 and Wednesday 14)!

I have you send money through Paypal (pre-order@dji-innovations.com) Thursday 15 (No. 5XW08408UV550602G single transaction)

I do not understand this radio silence, I begin to doubt!

Can you acknowledge receipt of my order on the S800, please ?

Best regards

jdm66

HeinzABF

@ jdm66

The email for paypal is wrong, you have to sent it to sales@dji-innovations.com.

I faced the same problems.

Regards
Heinz

Tahoe Ed

No, it says on the form to make payment to pre-order@dji-innovations.com. If you send it to sales@dji-innovations.com they will have nothing to match it up with. I also remember that you need a pre-order number to reference when you sent payment. Again a tracking issue. If you have not gotten an pre-order number from DJI how did you expect them to match the payment to your order without that number? Just my observations.

JDM66

@ jdm66

The email for paypal is wrong, you have to sent it to sales@dji-innovations.com.

I faced the same problems.

Regards
Heinz

Hi,

thank's

Can you explain how you did it to order?

This is the first time I have difficulty to spend 1000 USD !!! :dejection:

Best regards

jdm66

HeinzABF

@ Tahoe Ed
@ JDM66

You are wrong. The way you have to do it is as follows:

Yoe send the preorder form with yr data.
After appr. 1 day you get an answer with the preorder nr.
When you make the payment via paypal to sales@dji-innovations.com you will receive the answer from DJI that yr pament has arrived.

Quote:
Dear Heinz
Our PayPal Account is sales@dji-innovations.com sorry for that!
In addition, please remark your Preorder Number when you arrange payment.
ERIC

Thats the right way.
Heinz

I haven't seen anyone question the price of this. To me that is a show stopper no matter how good it is. Please explain to me how this product is $2,000 better than something like this - beyond being 3 axis:

http://www.quadrocopter.com/CineStar-2-Axis-Camera-Gimbal_p_408.html

Confused by the price. I would have expected the price in $1,200 range.

May be their upcoming 2 Axis gimbal, within couple of months....i m hoping the price range somewhere close to it.
I'm very impressed to see test being done with the gasser Heli , few of my Rc friends who owns Ace one and custom build Heli size 800( electric) testing all sort of Gimbal still no even come close to what they were looking for...!
i haven't seen any other Gimbal offering with this much feature :independent IMU , etc....!

on other hand this Gimbal more suitable for Heli then a multi rotor ( Gimbal design to function for both machines) for myself I'm looking forward to two Axis Gimbal

Shiu