DJI Zenmuse gimbal and S800 Spreading Wings preorder

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
I am really rocking back and forward in my chair not knowing if i should buy some of this stuff or not. Would like to try the S800 but the arguments why this thing should be more stable now especially in the wind are just not enough.

Arguments. The right prop motors combo. hmm goes against everything that I have seen to be working on a WKM system.

Arent there anymore videos coming detail pic etc.

Most of the customers are better at presenting their build than DJI showing their new products.

Last edited by a moderator:

nisouck

If you pre order before March 10th for S800 (as a WKM owner) is $1040 (savings of $560)
If you pre order before March 10th for Zenmuse Z15 (as a WKM owner) is $2540 (savings of $940)

Then the savings is less after March 10th etc..

Just a "stupid" question?
Where to preorder?
Near DJI directly?

In Europe no dealer promote this possibility. :dejection:

holco

I wonder why they give so much discount with the pre-order, I think this deal stinks!! mark my words

Kilby

This is going to be interesting to watch as it unfolds. I can't wait till these products are in the hands of real users and we see some real tests coming in. I don't trust tests from the manufacturers much.

Anyone else remember when the Wookong first came out and had the introductory "discount price" of $1300 that was supposed to go up after full product launch? It quickly became $1099 when they realized people didn't want to pay that much for the product.

Anyone want to place bets that we see the same thing happen here?

Reginak

So DJIUSA will not take preorders outside US? I'm in south america, does this mean that I have to preorder directly from DJI?

Thanks

srbell

This is going to be interesting to watch as it unfolds. I can't wait till these products are in the hands of real users and we see some real tests coming in. I don't trust tests from the manufacturers much.

Anyone else remember when the Wookong first came out and had the introductory "discount price" of $1300 that was supposed to go up after full product launch? It quickly became $1099 when they realized people didn't want to pay that much for the product.

Anyone want to place bets that we see the same thing happen here?

Could very well be the case. Think I'm going to preorder the 800 and take my chances with the Z15 and wait for a larger gimbal. I already have a NEX5n in my Scarab and was looking to mount a larger body, at least a Nikon D800 (hey, a D800 mounted on a S800...must be a sign lol). Just over a grand doesn't seem bad compared to the Cinestars and Skyjibs. Of course they're in customers hands so it's a known quantity. Any what's with a 15 amp hour battery? That's a lot of battery for a little Sony camera!

toptweaks

hurm ... to get a very stable flight, the combos is very very subjective it depends on so many things ... had not seen the video (S800) test in windy condition and having smooth setup ... by the way really like to know what is the result ...... wait and see first ...

jamienz

The system looks pretty impressive from the extremely limited amount of info/footage available. Definitely a risk to pre order but then hey it might pay off and you could save a few hundred $$... it could also be a DJIsaster...

Like everyone else I am very much looking forward to seeing footage from the hands of some users. I wonder how long it will take to charge a 15000 MAH 6S battery?

Tahoe Ed

I have a Hyperion EOSO615i Duo 3 with a 15v 45A power supply. I don't think I could do that in 20-25min. More like 60min. But I could do two.

Lanzar

Taught i will never see this. U make my day Boris. Let sit down and wait for first flip of death video :)

its probably going to be good equipment. But I think i am going to sit back for this round and wait. I know that other stuff is going to be released soon all in the sector of gimbal and gimbal stabi that might have effects on the prices or be better or give a feature option that is more of a benefit to me. A discount it great but a discount around 200 400 $ whatever is no big deal if I end up buying a 3000 $ product that doesnt do what i want it to.

But exited to see the first in customer hands !

Boris

TyGrrr

S800 Max camera/gimbal payload based on DJI takeoff/load weight numbers??

Not sure how to interpret these numbers...Takeoff Weight = 6kg, Load Weight = 2kg. Does this mean it was a max payload of 4kg? Does "Load Weight" include batteries? In others words, how much camera & gimbal weight can the S800 support, based on these numbers that DJI is providing?

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
at the moment it all doesn't make to much sense. I consider lipos to be part of the payload and gimbal and camera. They are announcing a 15000 mAh 6s lipo to go along with the setup to reach the 20 mins flight. So gimbal and a nex * Gh * included and the 6s 15000 mAh are included in the 6kg i imagine. But wait for them to push out some more data and real pics of the frame. At the moment its still the phantom of the opera.

Boris

TyGrrr

at the moment it all doesn't make to much sense. I consider lipos to be part of the payload and gimbal and camera. They are announcing a 15000 mAh 6s lipo to go along with the setup to reach the 20 mins flight. So gimbal and a nex * Gh * included and the 6s 15000 mAh are included in the 6kg i imagine. But wait for them to push out some more data and real pics of the frame. At the moment its still the phantom of the opera.

Boris

That makes sense Boris, but I'm just confused what DJI's definition of "Load Weight" and "Takeoff weight" is. Would "takeoff weight" be UAW? Would load weight be frame + motors/esc's, etc (what's in the box from DJI, so to speak)?

I guess bottom line, real simply...is the S-800 intended to lift a pro DSLR like a Canon 5d-MkII with the Zenmuse or other Hi-quality gimbal like say a Cinestar gimbal? I assume it is, but I have never seen anything to support this assumption.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Nah i think load weight they mean payload and take off weight max overall weight of the copter its allowed to have. But what they consider to be load weight no clue. Could imagine they calculate in their gimbal

But the S-800 is certainly and the Z gimbal the 3-axis thats coming out at the moment , only for smaller cams, Nex5 GH2 etc. PRO DSLR like the Canon 5d adds some more weight to the equation that might max the overall max take of weight or you have to step down on the lipo. But to too early tell.

UAVproducts

Formerly DJIUSA
I'm am working on getting all the specs and questions answered as fast as possible.

Please be a little patient, I'm trying, trust me I'm on my 3rd cup of coffee and I think I forgot to eat breakfast again. :)

Note: You can also order direct from DJI China. I'm just providing support to the USA and existing customers of ours for the DJI's new high end products. Non-USA customers please contact DJI China.

Last edited by a moderator: