Dji Naza M lite + F450 Flipping on take off.

soler

Taking off in manual needs a fair amount of skill, if you are sure about your connections and feeling brave hold the copter (securely) in you hand and raise the throttle to 50% rolling to the left and right should give thrust to counter the roll you apply. If it is the opposite then your connections are incorrect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shano

Fixed my flipping problem

I took the legs of as suggested and then using GPS mode I successfully got it off the ground to a height where it self leveled.

I initially was too tentative with the throttle and never really got the quad of the ground where it self leveled previously.

I then put the stand back on and everything is still ok. You just have to give it even more throttle to get it in the air to where it self levels.

Thanks

His is my first flight video.

Last edited by a moderator:

soler

Glad you got it worked out, I thought the naza light has a 50% auto take off?

Tahoe Ed

Glad you got it worked out, I thought the naza light has a 50% auto take off?

It really is not Auto take off. It just spools up at 50% and above that it will lift off. Not like with waypoints where I press an icon on my iPad and the craft lifts off by itself.

Flymagic

I am having a similar problem with my DJI F550. It flips, different sides, different times. Is it possible that the ESC's may be connected wrong, even though they are all spinning in the proper directions? Very puzzling for me.
Naza Lite w/GPS
Orange 910rx
DX8
DJI 30A opto ESC's
DJI 920 KV motors
TM1000 telemetry

I'm running out of options! Any suggestions?

Shano

Hi Flymagic,

1. Calibrate your ESC's. I did mine by plugging each ESC directly into the receiver.
2. Make sure your motors are spinning the right directions.
3. Make sure the props are on the right way for the direction of the motors.
4. Make sure your motors are all level.
5. My quadcopter flies best when it isn't on any legs and straight of the ground, so initially take any legs of it and put right on the ground.

My self leveling doesn't seem to kick in until it is about a foot of the ground, so quicker you get it a foot of the ground the better. When learning to fly mine initially I was a bit hesitant in giving it throttle and it just kept flipping.

My first success was when I took my legs of.

Now I have it fully set up and am confident in giving it a bit more power initially I have my legs etc back on.

Always practice on grass.

Last edited by a moderator:

shahriar338

Hi there,

I have a x450 quadcopter.Instead I use a I look camera. I just bought the Walkera G2D gimbal. And my transmitter is frsky taranis .

Does someone have a step by step guide how to install/configure this gimbal on the Naza m lite and my transmitter?

Hope to hear from you guys

Chad Falcon

Hi Flymagic,

1. Calibrate your ESC's. I did mine by plugging each ESC directly into the receiver.
2. Make sure your motors are spinning the right directions.
3. Make sure the props are on the right way for the direction of the motors.
4. Make sure your motors are all level.
5. My quadcopter flies best when it isn't on any legs and straight of the ground, so initially take any legs of it and put right on the ground.

My self leveling doesn't seem to kick in until it is about a foot of the ground, so quicker you get it a foot of the ground the better. When learning to fly mine initially I was a bit hesitant in giving it throttle and it just kept flipping.

My first success was when I took my legs of.

Now I have it fully set up and am confident in giving it a bit more power initially I have my legs etc back on.

Always practice on grass.

I have a F4550 with Naza M lite that just started having this issue randomly. One flight all motors start up at the same time and all is good. The next time the front motors start first and it flips backwards...then more perfect start ups...then the left side screws up. I have about 75 flights on this thing and this just randomly happens. Sometimes I unplug the battery and plug it back in and it resets and is fine, other times I give up on it and the next day it pretends nothing ever happened and works just fine. Is this issue because the Naza M Lite is a piece of junk or is it something else?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Hi all, I've just come into the world of Multi-Rotors, so I would be very thankful if you guys could help me with some of the problems that I've encountered recently.

First my Build:
- Dji Flame Wheel F450 (All stock Frame, ESC's, Motors, Props, V-SEN LED unit)
- Dji Naza M Lite
- Spektrum DX6i (Spektrum AR6210 receiver)
- Black Magic 3s Lithium Polymer (30C, 11,1v, 5000 mAh)

When ever I try to take off with my quadcoter, if flips. I have not been able to see a pattern in the flipping, it just wants to flip.
I have the Naza M Lite stuck onto the bottom plate using the 2mm tape, and with the 'M1' - 'M6' side facing forward. I have also configured it to the best of my abilities on the Dji Program. :confused:

No I know this has happend to others but I have been unable to understand/ find a true fix to my problem. I just really want to throttle up and it go up slowly, because I'm a beginner and actually scared as to what might happen if I try to get it up in the air quickly. Thanks. :)

at the bottom of the first post in this thread
http://multirotorforums.com/threads/group-build-2014-dji-naza-f450-quadcopter.13431/
i posted a list of common problems that NAZA users when getting started...have a look and see if you're guilty of any of them! :)

Shano

I have another problem now. There is very little power getting to the motors. If I go full throttle, the quad barely gets of the ground and then flips over. You think it may be calibration of the esc's again?