Dji Naza M lite + F450 Flipping on take off.

TOMFlight

Hi all, I've just come into the world of Multi-Rotors, so I would be very thankful if you guys could help me with some of the problems that I've encountered recently.

First my Build:
- Dji Flame Wheel F450 (All stock Frame, ESC's, Motors, Props, V-SEN LED unit)
- Dji Naza M Lite
- Spektrum DX6i (Spektrum AR6210 receiver)
- Black Magic 3s Lithium Polymer (30C, 11,1v, 5000 mAh)

When ever I try to take off with my quadcoter, if flips. I have not been able to see a pattern in the flipping, it just wants to flip.
I have the Naza M Lite stuck onto the bottom plate using the 2mm tape, and with the 'M1' - 'M6' side facing forward. I have also configured it to the best of my abilities on the Dji Program. :confused:

No I know this has happend to others but I have been unable to understand/ find a true fix to my problem. I just really want to throttle up and it go up slowly, because I'm a beginner and actually scared as to what might happen if I try to get it up in the air quickly. Thanks. :)

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Check the rotation of the motors and make sure your props are on the right way around...

5-30-20137-13-08PM_zps50fbcbae.png

M1 is always the front right motor if you're looking from behind. Your prop should be with the leading edge at the front (highest part of the prop).

TOMFlight

Yes, I can assure you that my props are all on the right way and that the motors are spinning + are plugged into the right slot. Thanks for your advise though.

soler

Is it always flipping in the same direction or does this change? How high are is it when it flips?

TOMFlight

No it doesn't flip in the same direction, when it flips the two motors are usually spinning alot faster that the opposing two, and those props hit the ground and the other two motors pull it all the way over untill it is upside down on the ground.

TOMFlight

Here is the video, as you can see the two rotors on the right start spinning before the ones of the left do. Sorry for bad quality, hopefully you get the idea, :)

Last edited by a moderator:

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
There is something really wrong with that unit, if you are 100% sure everything is connected right, I would be taking that MC back.

I am watching 1 motor start, then another one, then another one and then it flips. All motors should start more or less at the same time..... Something is badly wrong and I am unsure of what, I have seen some weird stuff in all the time I have been doing this, but yours is certainly original.

soler

Interesting, never seen motors start in a sequence like that.So from your previous posts you said that the flipping direction is random, can you confirm that the motors are also starting in a random order each time, In this video they seam to start M1 M4 M2 M3.

A few more questions
When you take off are you in Atti mode?
If you start the motors in Atti mode doing the CSC and move the throttle to 20% do all motors spin or just a few?
In the assistant software to calibrate your TX are there any strange values or are all sticks showing 50% when centred?
Motor Idle speed is set to recommended?

TOMFlight

That's some bad news :( Thanks for your reply though.
As I'm filming this I'm slowly throttling up as well. And even to add to this I bought the f450 in a kit with the Naza M of ebay, is there ways to identify it's legitimacy? (of both the f450 and Naza). Also I've had a proble where I've had to switch both the transmitter thro to reverse and on the naza computer software for it to actually start.

Looks like you need to re-calibrate the esc's. My naza lite started just like that before I recalibrated all the esc's and it fixed the issue.

TOMFlight

Soler:
Yes Atti mode.
At least two will spin.
No strange values, all are centred.
And I have the idle speed turned down to 'Low' because as Im just starting with quadcopters I'm not entirely sure as to what was going to happen if i had it two high.

soler

If the ESC are stock DJi then there is no way or need to calibrate these, if they are non DJI then you will probably have to do this. There are copy F450's out there but they are generally not using DJI branding, for the air frame I would not worry, just confirm if the ESC are DJI. for the NAZA I have not seen any copy units and it is very doubtful if even someone cloned one it would work with the assistant software.

soler

Soler:Yes Atti mode.At least two will spin.No strange values, all are centred.And I have the idle speed turned down to 'Low' because as Im just starting with quadcopters I'm not entirely sure as to what was going to happen if i had it two high.
Change the idle speed to recommended and try again, this could be the reason they are starting at different times.

soler

If they are DJI ESC then there is no way to calibrate these, they have already be set in the factory. Just try again with the idle speed at the recommended setting, this setting is the starting speed of the motors to get them all running at the same time, it should have no effect on the flight performance.

Let me know how you get on.

TOMFlight

Testing now with out the props it all seems to start at the same time, will test fly right now. I'll leet you know if this works!