Dji Naza M lite + F450 Flipping on take off.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Yeah, that would be a good reason for the motors not to start at the same time, did not even think of that because most leave it at recommended. Interested to see if this works better for you... hope I did not worry you too much, but that was pretty unique... lol

TOMFlight

Arhggg! I still feel it want's to tip :( The motors all start at the same time but there is visibly one, maybe two that just spin faster and cause it to tip.

Try and swap an esc from one side to the other see if the speed of the motor follows the esc.

Show us a picture of the esc or a link where you bought them from.

TOMFlight

Yeah my naza is flat to the bottom plate, I'll try moving the motors around now.

Last edited by a moderator:

TOMFlight

Nope still the same issue, still want's to flip over. Going to the hobby store now to see if they know the answer.

TOMFlight

That's a good idea i'll keep it in mind next time I have a proble. The hobby store has been kind enough to fix it on freely or very minimal charge though.

TOMFlight

Well they took it in and told me that they would be in contact and it will be ready tomorrow, he seemed to think that it was an Tx problem, but even in saying that he was not entirely sure. Will post when I have go it back, and the changes made.

Rainman

Sounds very much to me like TX programming issue - ensure that all required channels and operating in the correct direction and ccalibrated and also make sure you also have rates programmed. If you're taking off in manual mode without rates programmed it's going to rotate so fast you won't react in time.

For first flights you really should take off in Atti or GPS modes, leave manual mode alone until you know it's all set up and working the way it should - essentially let the Naza do the bulk of the flying.

TOMFlight

Thanks for the advice. It seems you and the hobby store clerk are on the same page. I've been taking off in Atti mode as well. I probably didn't have the right programming on the Tx, because i really didn't understand. I shall look into this :)

TOMFlight

So after receiving my quadcopter back from the hobby store these were the changes they made
"This is what action was taken to repair your quad copter.
We re-bound the radio to blank mode, recalibrated the IMU and set the radio
end points.
The ESC wires were ran incorrectly, we set these up again and also re set
the motor. We set up the 2 position mode switch and then the quad copter was
test flown.
We then transferred the complete set up to your radio and test flew it again
to be sure" - So really it was mostly my fault, but hey, now I've learnt which was is always a positive!

View attachment 13740View attachment 13741View attachment 13742

Attachments

• DSC_0460.jpg
    DSC_0460.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 456
  • DSC_0467.jpg
    DSC_0467.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 456
  • DSC_0470.jpg
    DSC_0470.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 438

Shano

Hi,

I am having this same issue.

I have the DJI Nazi Lite controller.

I have checked everything so many times and still it flips.

I am starting in GPS mode.

Anyone have any ideas to why this is happening?

soler

It's a slow flip, is the flight controller facing the correct way and the connection to the motors checked? Try in attitude mode before GPS and maybe loses the landing gear until you get this fixed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shano

Hi Soler,

My nazi seems to only have GPS, SAFE and Manual options.

What is the attitude mode and what is it used for?

soler

Attitude is without GPS, best used for take off, you should be able to select it in the naza assistant. Did you check the orientation of the FC, GPS and the motor connections?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shano

Yes checked all the FC, GPS and motor connections 100 times.

I am taking of in GPS mode. Perhaps I need to take off in Manual mode and then change to GPS mode.

I have three modes set up. GPS, FailSafe and Manual.

Does Manual do auto leveling?