CS8 to X8 conversion - Herkules ESC III V3

Hi Boris,

delivery started already to OEM customers (long waiting list) and later to official webshops. I can not promise any time schedule for this.

Regards,
Andreas

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Waiting for the Herks III v2 I am starting to convert my CS8 to X4. Just hearing to many positive feedbacks about stability reduced size, redundancy etc. Eventually going to get help from someone specific to change the WKM mixer to have two quad running via one Herks III board to increase redundancy if ever something would happen to one herk board.

For me at the moment there is only one gimbal and thats the zenmuse. Especially because I can live with the GH2 and waiting for the final reviews on the GH3 thats probably the way I will go and I hope dji with the zenmuse will follow. Also knowing that the s800 retracts will be out soon i will do the conversion building up on the S800 landing gear ! Also keeping in mind to keep things swappable.

Wanting to keep the props out of the pic I came up with this solution for now. Still really the beginning stage, but it seems like it could be a working solution !

Eventually going to move the zenmuse to the middle of the landing gear and move the lips between the actually frame and landing gear to keep things balanced and to reduce size again.

View attachment 7561 View attachment 7562

Attachments

• Holders1.jpg
    Holders1.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 282
  • Holders2.jpg
    Holders2.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 254
Last edited by a moderator:

achta

You will love X4, we fly now 1 Year with koaxX4,
and all our copters going to this Solution...
also the SJ is X4, and our own frames.... X4 or X 6
and with Herkules III it works perfekt, KW4 for max. Up to 8-9 kg
and with KW10 for up to20 kg...

and Zenmuse Z15 with X4 .works perfekt,

so have Fun with this setup

achta

I agree once you go X8 you never go back:)
One thing to keep in mind is that retractable legs like PH no longer have full range since on full open they touch the props.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
hmmm actually thinking about the placing the herks under the center plate and using the cs8 damperns to isolate them from vibrations. SHould be a problem to have them that close to the Lipos ? I like the ideas since than i won't need a cage on top. Don't really care so much about the DJI components in case of a crash.

View attachment 7594

Attachments

• newplacement.jpg
    newplacement.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 306