CS8 to X8 conversion - Herkules ESC III V3

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Mi Marcell,

habe mich jetzt selber noch nicht so oft mit einen x8 beschäftigt.

Aber gehen wir von dieser Konfiguration aus DJI wkm X8:View attachment 4348

Dann würde es meiner Meinung nach Sinn machen wenn du M1 M3 und M6 M8 auf ein boad tust und M2 M4 und M5 M7 auf ein anderes.

Bin mir nur jetzt nicht sicher ob du wirklich x8 meintest oder nich V oder + octo. Ich gehe hier nacch DJI Manual wie sie die Konfigurationen beschreiben.

boris

Attachments

• x8.jpg
    x8.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 238

mtec

hi Boris,

ich meinte das der Kopter als V fliegen soll.

Habe einen ganz normalen Okto DW Heavy Lift.

Schau mal bei mir auf der Seite flydrones.

Da habe ich ein paar Bilder gemacht...

Habe die Regler jetzt alle mit 24 Grad geflasht !? PPM !

Am Flachbandkabel der Regler... Meint da PPM 1 auch Ausgang A !? usw?

Dir Herklues sind untereinander verbunden + - . An den Flachbandkabel nehme ich mir nur die PPM 1-4 !?

VG Marcell

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
hi Boris,

ich meinte das der Kopter als V fliegen soll.

Habe einen ganz normalen Okto DW Heavy Lift.

Schau mal bei mir auf der Seite flydrones.

Da habe ich ein paar Bilder gemacht...

Habe die Regler jetzt alle mit 24 Grad geflasht !? PPM !

Am Flachbandkabel der Regler... Meint da PPM 1 auch Ausgang A !? usw?

Dir Herklues sind untereinander verbunden + - . An den Flachbandkabel nehme ich mir nur die PPM 1-4 !?

VG Marcell

Ich mach mir da garnicht so einen grossen Stress welche ESC Unit welcher PPM Anschluss ist. Stellt sich dann eh beim Anschliessen an die MC eh heraus. Ich geh da immer auf sicher und schliesse jedes PPM Kabel einzeln an und teste obs wirklich der Motor ist der es sein sollte. Dauert ein bisschen länger als wenn alles markiert wäre aber im Endeffekt einzeld getestet gibt mir ein sicheres Gefühl.

View attachment 4349

dein Ansatz M1 M2 M5 M6 auf ein board M3 M4 M7 M8 aufs andere passt schon, ich kann dir aber nicht bestätigen was es beim Ausfall eines boards wirklich bringt und wie händelbar so ein quadro dann bleibt.

Boris

Attachments

• v8.jpg
    v8.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 267

mtec

Hi,

also ich hab an den Feiertagen nochmals viel getestet ! Der kopter fängt Ruckartig an Nicken wenn ich gieren will egal ob links oder rechts!
Herkules V3 & WKM

Evtl. verusche ich mal den kopter mit mk zu bestücken!? So lange wie man nicht gieren muss bleibt er stabil.

Hab keinerlei Expos etc... auf der Funke ganz normales Flächenprogramm Acrobatic auf einer Futaba FF10

Ideen !?

Danke an Euch für eure Unterstützung!

Marcell

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
In general i am happy with the setup, but wind stays an issue in my eyes. And attitude gains always have to be set to a minimum for see to get a smooth flight. 4s is flyable 5s or 6s means trouble and a very harsh behavior.

I got a new firmware though from Andreas for the Herks which i am going to test in the coming days and i will give you guys feedback.

Boris

JLO

Gentelman this is a great thread that I read often but unfortunately I don't read German is it possible to continue it in English
Thanks
Google translation is not always accurate
Thanks

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Sorry JLO, but you didn't really miss anything its a specific problem that Marcell has with his setup i and don't think its related to the WKM Herkules combo.

But we will take it to the german area to avoid the fear of having missed something and going through the hassle of translating it.

Boris

I have a cinestar 8 kit sitting in a box and just ordered the 3 axis gimbal. I already have a wkm I was gonna use in it. Would you suggest selling It and trying mikrocopter or try the wkm?

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Its a hard question to answer. I completely settled with DJI and WKM and i am happy. I know its strengths and weaknesses and I also know those of the MK setup. PLease don't ask me what they are because i really don't want to start a discussion. :)

Boris

jrlederer

Hey Boris,
Was just wondering if, in light of the new product that people are seeming to get pretty good results with; the ys-x6 by ZeroUAV, do you still think I should open my brand new (unused/unopened with View data radio) WKM or should I try returning Ian purchasing that system instead?

mtec

Hi Boris,
die Herkules Regler sind raus aus dem Kopter. Habe jetzte diese eingesendet Sie haben definitiv einen Fehler auch wenn es immer wieder abgestritten wird ;-((

Habe jetzt 40 A Regler montiert damit lässt er sich definitv Fliegen!

I hope of a new Pair V4 ... ;-()

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hey Boris,
Was just wondering if, in light of the new product that people are seeming to get pretty good results with; the ys-x6 by ZeroUAV, do you still think I should open my brand new (unused/unopened with View data radio) WKM or should I try returning Ian purchasing that system instead?

hmm i can't give you a reasonable answer to this since I never tried the ys-x6 system. There is so much chit chat and BS in this scene that its always a tricky one to listen to others feedback how good something really is etc. I haven't seen a lot of on board footage from the ys-x6 in different configurations and conditions.

But if Ken is giving it a positive feedback i will think about trying it.

But seriously the FCs in my eyes has become of less importance when it comes to AP work. With cameras like the CX730 (were i am pretty sure more and better will follow) or with gimbals like the zenmuse or the PH Hero gimbals ( still to see what they can do etc.) Probably more concentration should be put on redundancy now and quality to have you expensive equipment safe.

So for me personally I see no reason to change at the moment even if the ZeroUAV proves to be a more stable platform in the wind. The real development to get stable footage is happening on the gimbal camera side.

fritz99

Hi Boris,
die Herkules Regler sind raus aus dem Kopter. Habe jetzte diese eingesendet Sie haben definitiv einen Fehler auch wenn es immer wieder abgestritten wird ;-((

Habe jetzt 40 A Regler montiert damit lässt er sich definitv Fliegen!

I hope of a new Pair V4 ... ;-()

Hello !
Which ESCs do you use ?

Fritz

Awesome build Boris. Any chance at you making more of the mounts for the wkm IMU and main unit? Cinestar needs to sell a wkm and a mk version with the mounting options.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Twister I can make you some free of charge, since these parts really don't cost anything. You have to consider though that these parts only make sense if you centralize the ESCs like it did with the herkules. Otherswise you would probably mount the single ESCs there were I mounted the IMU and MC.

Its going to be 1 to 2 weeks since am just starting to make a ground station box and than i will get pieces cut again were i can add these plates to the queue.

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Gonna have the time this weekend to try out a Herkules 16hz FW (Beta) version, really looking forward to this and will report back.

Boris