And my knees go weak again - the new Droidworx airframe

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
am i wrong or do the pletts have 2 mounting holes and thats it ? anything to consider when it comes to that ?

DKTek

HeHe! Airframe ordered, Plettys ordered, Gimbal ordered, electronics on hand, what else... I know, a new workshop! 12ft X 24ft with a loft for storage. That should do it. Hopefully I can get the shop built before the stuff gets here.

Pano-Dirk

@Boris
I will do the new thrust measurements in the next days. My new motor test rig is ready.

Yes, "only" two mounting holes. Remember, one M3 srew will hold a traction force up to 320kg.
You will never pull of two M3 screws.
;-)

Please use loctite threadlocker to prevent that the screws come loose under vibrations or themral stress.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
HeHe! Airframe ordered, Plettys ordered, Gimbal ordered, electronics on hand, what else... I know, a new workshop! 12ft X 24ft with a loft for storage. That should do it. Hopefully I can get the shop built before the stuff gets here.

So What is your set up?

Dave

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Thanks Dirk.

reserved a CX frame yesterday of the first 50 that are being send out and this time i am going to go with the Plettis.
Waiting for the thrust tests but i guess to decision to try the 10s is already made.

Thanks

Boris

DKTek

So What is your set up?

Dave

Pretty much the same as Dirks set up. I consider him the test pilot. I have a full suite of video gear too, including a 5D MK2, 7D, and other goodies from work. Between my partner and I, this will be our 6th multi rotor.

DKTek

Ok, so finally a new Power Distro Board is released....Buttttttttttt, What happens when something burns up on the Fr. 1'499.00 board? That's a lot of cash for something designed like this without the ability to replace individual speed controllers. Do you have to purchase another Fr. 1'499.00 PDB when a single component fails? The engineer must have a lot of faith in this design. Hopefully they have a plan....

View attachment 1224

Attachments

• distribution_board.jpg
    distribution_board.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 283

jes1111

Sorry - what's "Fr." and "PDB"?

I agree - this seems to be one of those "solutions looking for a problem". And twelve (12!) mounting points? That pretty much guarantees that any flex in the fuselage will crack the PCB - so don't even land heavily, let alone crash!

DKTek

FR- Swiss money... about $1500 USD

PDB- Power Distribution Board

I started a new thread about this new PDB...

daniel

hi, pano dirk...

i have been reading a lot this posts, and this skyjib is awesome!!! thanks for sharing all the info....

but can i ask you,...what kinf of distribution board are you using, if not a PDB,...how you connect all the BL's

thanks for your time

daniel

Pano-Dirk

Hi Boris,

sorry, we are full busy in the moment.
The production time is 8 weeks now. To much orders and one professional worker is sick. All motors and parts are handmade for highest quality.
Hope, that the production is much more faster in one or two weeks and the production time will be much shorter.

I will give you an information here in this board, when the open orders are delivered and a shorter production time is possible.
Sorry for the delay.

Best regards,

Dirk

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
great thanks. Whenever possible i would be happy to here from you so i can place an order !

Thanks

Boris

DKTek

It's been a while since my orders were placed with various dealers for the components. So far none have delivered so it's not just your stuff Dirk. My shop is almost ready too.