And my knees go weak again - the new Droidworx airframe

OMG, don't open it. You should have refused the delivery.

Maybe two boxes are needed for this expensive cargo.

Last edited by a moderator:

HOLY BALLZZZZZZ. I thought my package was bad. lol

FramepartsfromKopterworx3.jpg

I Just recieved it last week from Kopterworx. There was a freaking hole down the side of the box. Luckily everything was there (Except the landing gear, 2 motor mounts, and approx 20 screws). Kopterworx feels the missing parts were the fault of Droidworx, and they are sending me out the missing parts asap. So I dont think it was the packages fault. I was a little concerned because this package had approx $7k of electronics and such. Kopterworx did a great job packing it and everything was in its individual boxes, wrapped up nice in bubble wrap.

In your situation, I would open the box while recording it on video. That way if something is damaged, you will have proof and can quickly get it handled. On the other hand, If nothing is broke or missing, then you will not be out weeks of having to wait. I would open it and see. It may all be OK.

DKTek

I want to open it but only after I hear from Dirk. This way, there's no dispute. I was not home when it was delivered.

krleas

FPV Freak
HOLY BALLZZZZZZ. I thought my package was bad. lol

FramepartsfromKopterworx3.jpg

I Just recieved it last week from Kopterworx. There was a freaking hole down the side of the box. Luckily everything was there (Except the landing gear, 2 motor mounts, and approx 20 screws). Kopterworx feels the missing parts were the fault of Droidworx, and they are sending me out the missing parts asap. So I dont think it was the packages fault. I was a little concerned because this package had approx $7k of electronics and such. Kopterworx did a great job packing it and everything was in its individual boxes, wrapped up nice in bubble wrap.

In your situation, I would open the box while recording it on video. That way if something is damaged, you will have proof and can quickly get it handled. On the other hand, If nothing is broke or missing, then you will not be out weeks of having to wait. I would open it and see. It may all be OK.

Everything is on the way to u, im sorry again for missing parts.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Well, my 8 very expensive Pletty motors have arrived........
View attachment 2902View attachment 2903View attachment 2904View attachment 2905View attachment 2906View attachment 2907

BUT, is it worth even opening? This box is soft all around from the obvious abuse. The delivery guy was asked if it's supposed to look like this and he said,"Look where it came from". Not exactly a proper response from USPS....

So Dirk, where do we go from here? Send it back now or take a look first? I'll leave it unopened as I suspect that even the cool little containers didn't protect the Pletty's.

What happened? Did you open it? was everything OK?

Dave

Pano-Dirk

Hi Dan,

as I wrote you in the last email, this is NOT a problem. The motors are in a very strong plastic tube and will not be destroyed or un-balanced.
I've done some tests with the plastic tubes and they will not bend or damaged when the parcel is badly damaged.

so please open the parcel and have fun with the motors.

Dirk

Here is the picture with the tubes:

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:

DKTek

Hey guys, Dirk is correct...
View attachment 1753View attachment 1754View attachment 1755View attachment 1756

That is a tough container! The method of packing them in the box had a lot to do with them surviving the shippers olympics too. Good job Dirk and thanks for the extra care in packing, it obviously was worth it.

I'm also very glad to see the shorter prop shaft as well. That should limit the "hangar rash". Now, all I need is the airframe, retracts, gimbal, and speed controller to arrive.

Attachments

• IMG_2202.jpg
    IMG_2202.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_2203.jpg
    IMG_2203.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 294
  • IMG_2204.jpg
    IMG_2204.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_2205.jpg
    IMG_2205.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 229

DKTek

I'm still waiting for my airframe and AeroDrive 8. I'm pretty sure that I was one of the first orders for both. Has anyone else received either of these...aside from the testers?

Just came home from a few days in London and found my package with the Pletty 15-20 waiting for me. Good thing Dirk packages them so well because the fine people working at the post office played football with my box.
I will post some pictures in my build thread later on since all of my parts except picloc have arrived.

DKTek are you talking about the SJ 8 frame? If so I have mine for almost a month and a half sitting on my desk.

DKTek

Yes, I paid for the SkyJib8 on Sept. 14 and the Aerodrive 8 on Oct. 5.

It's a shame as I have a job with Tom Hanks in North Florida on the 15th of January thru the 28th. The DP owns a custom 100 pound payload electric heli set up for the RED 3D system and is hoping to use the SJ8 as well for various shots. We are shooting from a boat with our Wescam XR.

Oh well, maybe next time... as a Wescam Operator/Tech, I have over 100 major feature films under my belt since 1994, a few more won't hurt without the SJ8.

krleas

FPV Freak
I'm still waiting for my airframe and AeroDrive 8. I'm pretty sure that I was one of the first orders for both. Has anyone else received either of these...aside from the testers?

As a tester and distributor i can say there were onl few test/prototype pieces. Aerodrone board will come out in middle/end January. Skyjib is on stock at distributors for 1 month.

DKTek

Skyjib is on stock at distributors for 1 month.

Wow, I could have flown it with a different power board for this shoot. Everything else was here in time to be built and test flown. Bummer...

krleas

FPV Freak
Skyjib is on stock at distributors for 1 month.

Wow, I could have flown it with a different power board for this shoot. Everything else was here in time to be built and test flown. Bummer...

Indeed use 2x herkules II and rock and roll.

DKTek

Yeah, I would've gone that route had I had time. Doesn't matter though as I still have no confirmation that an SJ8 has been shipped.

Maybe I should have chosen the CS8 instead. At least I'd have a flying solution right now. Customers are already flying those...

If I ordered a CS8 today, I bet it'd be here by the time I get home on the 28th.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
@DKtec.. i am sure Geoff at quadcopters.co.uk has stock of SJ8.. who did you oder it off?

Dave

PS Happy new Years say hi to Tom from the Northerner!

DKTek

@DKtec.. i am sure Geoff at quadcopters.co.uk has stock of SJ8.. who did you oder it off?

Actually, it was ordered from Geoff. I received an email from him this morning with confirmation and a reasonable explanation with a resolve.

DKTek

Hey, does anyone know of the, A Express-Warranty card can be purchased, for the Aerodrive8? What are the specifics....

I did get the airframe but still missing the Aerodrive8.

DKTek

OK, I just received an email from Sandor. Here's what they have to say,

"We have recived the first finish board on Friday, and the test was ok. In the next two weeks we will send all Boards to the customer. Also yours.

The CarePlan we will relaise soon also the infos will send with the Newsletter. "

We'll see.....